on 23 January 2013
I got a Sony MP3 for Christmas, so ordered this cover to protect it. I've reviewed the seller elsewhere, so will concentrate on the item itself in this review.

The MP3 fits very comfortably in the cover, all the buttons are accessible, and the headphone jack fits well. It doesn't make the player too bulky. Indeed as the player is very small and light, it makes it easier to locate in a pocket or bag. The stud fastenings seem sturdy (I haven't used the belt loop yet).

I have 2 minor gripes which stop me from giving a 5* review.

There is no plastic film to protect the MP3 screen from dirt or scratches (other than the "flip" to close the cover). I had an old Creative Zen and the leather cover I had for it had a clear plastic protective screen included. I'll have to source something else in order to protect the screen from scratching.

The item is described as "purple". It isn't - it's cerise pink. If you specifically want purple, which I did, this isn't the cover for you - I suggest you order a different colour.
on 8 February 2013
Extremely pleased with this purchase,very well made, extra padding on the cover provides additional protection for my Sony,delivery was quicker than quoted,had viewed other cases but decided on this one due to specification & price & glad that I did,no complaints at all,excellent service
on 18 December 2013
bought this for my sony Walkman NWZ E585 - excellent fit and good quality, excellent for keeping your Walkman secure, would highly recommend.
on 21 February 2015
I'm somewhat disappointed with this. When I bought my Sony NWZ E445 several years ago, I bought the case that was advertised with it. Unfortunately, the leather strap on the back that enables the player case to be clipped onto your belt broke (the leather strap parting company with the popper).

The best option seemed to be this case which has the all important facility to enable the player and case to be put onto a belt.

The plus side of this case is the quality of the leather. But that's the only good thing. My original case had a magnetic fastening so you could quickly access the player. This one has a strap which fastens the case with a popper but it is not as easy to access as the magnetic option which wouldn't normally be a problem but it is annoying if you use it for running.

The biggest problem with this case is that it is larger than the original case so the player doesn't fit snugly inside. If you put the player at the bottom of the case you can't see some of the player screen and details. If you push it to the top, it's more difficult to get the lead into the player.

Unfortunately, this case seems to be the only option that has the popper strap on the back. Annoying, given it costs £12.00 which is as twice as much as the original case.

UPDATE: If this is a problem for anyone else, I've found a solution and that is to cut the piece of leather across the front that is blocking the unit's display. The unit still fits snuggly in the case. It doesn't look particularly neat but it solves the problem.
on 29 December 2013
A few members have been discussing this on the black coloured flip case comments section.. Does it fit? Doesnt it fit?
So I felt I'll sacrifice myself to find out and report a detailed review!

Sorry if its a long review but its detailed and necessary for the pros and cons

First off. To date.. Sony havent produced many... if any accessories for this player? Why? Surely its the first thing people buy when purchasing a new mobile phone..

Case.. CHECK
Screen Protector.. CHECK

Its big business as far as im concerned! but i guess Sonys marketing knows best eh..

Colour:
The colour I plugged for was RED. The case displayed a Ferrari Red case on the product. Now in honesty, I am Colour Blind (it doesnt mean I cant see colours just slightly different shades etc when close together with other colours) And I personally dont think its the iconic Ferrari Red. My GF loves a deep red so it was the reason for my choice. (Christmas present)

I thought Raspberry. So to get a non colour blind comment. I asked the god of all knowledge... My Mother.. :)
Her words was.." Its more a Raspberry colour then Red". Thats enough for me.. Just a note to other folks in case this is a need.

Quality:
Looks quality made in fairness. No bad stitching and although im not sure its real leather (I dont think any are these days) its a nice feel and the popper is solid to close and open (for now) on the flip cover and the belt clasp.

Fit:
Bearing in mind this is specifically for the NWZ-E858 (I cant comment on the fit of the 575 etc) Its not a true reflection of the item for its designed/made purpose No marks can be knocked off/down for this..

The case is adequate for the player (585) and my girlfriend is happy with it to protect it from the harsh and damaging elements/environment that us males call "the suitcase/handbag of doom!"

Myself, I feel that the case is slightly too long for the player. So if you move the player all the way up to where the screen cut out is meant to be, the cut out for the volume and hold slide are accessible as they should. However, then we have a good 10mm (1cm) gap at the bottom of the case where there is nothing.
If you slide the player down to the bottom of the case the 3.5mm socket and charging port are accessible too, 90% of the screen is visible and all the front controls are accessible in the top and lower extremes. So flicking through your music, turning on/off/play is never impeded.
When at the lower extremes (the player at the bottom) the 2" cut out obscures the vision of the artish/title slightly. But it depends how much you flick through your music. (for my GF she has the player on shuffle mostly so it isnt too much of a deal breaker)
Im sure by putting some material (velco hoops and loops) behind the player and on the inside of the case, it would be possible to stop it jiggling about. have all the controls,cut outs accessible but putting the charger cable in and 3.5mm headphones/aux cable in will be further into the case then normal.

In my honest opinion, Its not a like for like case that is an exact perfect fit.. But it never was meant to be as its not designed for the NWZ-E585.
If you can live the outlined details above and its more then capable of protecting the exterior of the player in a pocket or a handbag then I dont think its a bad case considering its not meant to fit it..

Summary:

If you require PERFECTION.. Its not the case for your NWZ-E858

If you require PROTECTION and are willing to compromise slightly and maybe even modify it, its a great alternative considering Sony or any other manufacturer havent made a case for this player as of yet to date
on 27 June 2014
When I bought my wife a Walkman a couple of years ago I was surprised to find no protective cases appeared to be available.
So I was delighted to find the iGadgitz case on offer when I bought myself a Walkman and purchased two.
For what it is I would say it is a bit expensive (you can buy a leather 'bum bag' in our local market for about the same) but it is well made and fits the Walkman like the proverbial glove. It surfaces are padded which should offer good protection in the event of the MP3 player being dropped.
Only criticism is that you cannot 'store' the ear pieces in the case - had there been a little more space under the flap to accommodate these I would have given 5 stars.
on 5 July 2013
Ordered this for my boyfriends Sony MP3 player and I have to say it fits the player extremely well. It is fairly well padded, so hopefully it will give the player a good deal of protection. My ownly criticism would be that the strap on the back of the cover could be permanently fixed rather than by a press-stud, as I think over time the press-stud might become a little loose and therefore cause the cover to drop off a belt or arm strap. The company shipped the item extremely quickly so I would recommend them for quality of product and customer service.
on 13 March 2014
I bought this after buying a new walkman - previously I bought a cheaper version and the popper broke within a week! This however, when compared to the previous one is a different kettle of fish. Sturdy and strong, well made and snugly fitting. Excellent value and well made. Well worth the money.
on 13 June 2016
ordered this for my new sony walkman nw-e394 .the case descrpition does not state if it would fit the newer 394 model,so i ordered one to find out.the only problem is it covers over the "hold" button.if this matters to you,then you will have to wait for a newer style case,for me i would rather my new mp3 player be protected.the headphone connector socket can still be plugged in and computer connector socket can still be used(thats with the case flipped up as per the picture.also has a useful belt clip for those that like fit it elsewhere(with the case closed).very nice quality leather case.paul
on 4 August 2013
Sturdy, well designed item. Can easily access all buttons but also means they aren't pressed accidentally whilst in bag or pocket.