5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, and you won't find better at this price
I bought this after returning another brand's kettle that felt flimsy and cheap (in this price range). My standards for my kettle were:

* Must be black
* Must have clear, easy-to-see gauge on the side
* Must not take 100 years to boil
* Must not be too heavy (I have tendonitus).

I am pleased to report the kettle succeeded these tests...
Published 21 months ago by Charlotte Nash

Have had this kettle for a couple of weeks now, and generally it's very good.

-Solid build quality, nothing loose or looking like it will fall apart before it's time.
-The design to accommodate the extra filter means cleaning and maintaining it will be very easy.
-Quick boiling time.
-The filter itself is a simple system that can be maintained...
Published 7 months ago by Blood

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, and you won't find better at this price, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 43966 Filter Jug Plastic Kettle 1.2 Litres 3 KW - Black (Kitchen & Home)

* Must be black
* Must have clear, easy-to-see gauge on the side
* Must not take 100 years to boil
* Must not be too heavy (I have tendonitus).

I am pleased to report the kettle succeeded these tests. I have never owned a brita filter kettle before, but found the water strained through quite quickly.

The light on the side does not get as bright as the image shows - it mostly lights near the bottom. It was bright enough to see it boiling. I filled the kettle to max capacity - 6 cups - and found it did not spit. I put the flat of my palm on the lid - I did not get burned. The insulation on this kettle is surprisingly good, as my water was still quite hot 10 minutes after boiling.

It is a little heavier than I had anticipated, but to be fair, some of that weight is the brita filter. It is very easy to fit, no hassle at all, apart from preparing the filter to go in by dousing it in water.

The kettle looks and feels sturdy, and the plastic does not look horribly shiny/cheap under my kitchen spotlights.

I will update this review as I carry on using it, but for this price, I am extremely pleased - it looks very stylish in my kitchen and boils up a good cup of tea. I really cannot fault it, and would recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filter Kettle, 28 Feb 2013
Mrs. Rosemary E. Hodgins (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
The filter allows the boiling water to be crystal clear and gives a better cup of tea for all - great.

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice kettle but be prepared to spend some time getting rid of the plastic taste, 4 Mar 2014
Have had this kettle for a couple of weeks now, and generally it's very good.

-Quick boiling time.
-The filter itself is a simple system that can be maintained fairly cheaply (the filters last about a month and cost about £4 each to replace). You can also totally remove the filtering system if you wish and just use it as a normal kettle.

~~HOWEVER~~

The main issue we have had with this kettle is it took a long time to get rid of the overpowering taste of plastic it gives your tea/coffee. The guidelines that come with it recommend boiling and emptying it a few times before use. This is massively insufficient. In the end we used a mixture of water and bicarbonate of soda TWICE (and brought to the boil) and vinegar and water TWICE (also brought to the boil) before it started to produce an end result that tasted more like tea than sucking on a cheap christmas cracker toy.

The only other quibble is if you are intending on filtering all the water you boil you will need to fill the filter compartment twice if you are intending on making tea/coffee for more than two people. This is only a minor quibble, but for larger families (or when you have guests) this becomes a pain when you have to sit by the kettle for 5 minutes and just wanted to quickly flick the kettle on. You CAN however totally remove the filtering compartment and just use the kettle as normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one, 2 Sep 2013
Chris (London, England) - See all my reviews
Well worth the money. Makes a very nice cup of tea. Nice tasting drinking water as well. Should've bought one years ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but build quality is not good enough, 14 Mar 2014
Neill Abrams (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Five stars for looks, one star for quality, so averages out at three starts.

I have owned this kettle for exactly 13 months, and it has had average use. Its never left my kitchen. This week the hinge of the pop-up lid snapped, and the lid is now loose. Only way to use the kettle is to keep the lid jammed closed. Which makes refilling it very difficult. The kettle should last longer than 13 months. But I cant return it as Amazon says the returns period has expired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Noticeable difference in my cuppa, 30 May 2013
Now that I have a kettle with a Brita filter I don't think I will ever go back. I love a good cup of tea morning, noon and night and hadn't ever really had any issues with my old £5 kettle. However on trying this kettle you really can tell the difference in quality between the two kettles. The cup of tea is cleaner, doesn't have any bits or film on the top and tastes better too! The kettle is pretty chunky but boils quickly and makes a good 6 cups. The only problem is I think I have now resigned myself to a life of buying more expensive kettles... but it's worth it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cuppa, 27 Aug 2013
Very attractive looking kettle, drinks are perfectly hot. Using the the filter cartridges makes a huge difference u can certainly taste a cleaner cuppa. I've had a brita filter kettle before & it packed up on me after 8 years which I think is good going. So without doubt I had to buy another & all in all I'm not disappointed. The only downside is the kettle body does get extremely hot to touch. Also the capacity for the filtering part of the kettle is very small & u have to fill up twice if your making more than a couple of drinks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 April 2013
Best kettle I have ever bought, I love the look of the kettle it is a nice compliment to my kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this kettle, 6 July 2014
Great kettle. I spent ages trying to decide which kettle to buy. Eventually thought I'd take a risk of this one. The brita filter is great- tea tastes so much better. The only down side is the relatively small volume of water. This isn't a problem 90% of the time when making tea etc. You can remove the plastic divider if you need to boil a large volume of water for a sauce pan etc. the kettle is incredibly quick and not too loud. Had a nice clear fill indicator. The blue light is not as bright as others. I'd definitely recommend this inexpensive, practical kettle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle, 19 Feb 2014
Great kettle. No complaints. We live in really hard water area and this kettle is perfect. You get max 6 cups from one boil which is more then enough. Well worth the money.