on 9 April 2013
I have used Kaspersky for the last three years and this version is the best of all of them. It is easy to install (just remember to delete any other versions you might have on your computer) and has more new features. Kaspersky has always kept my computer safe and repelled all viruses and I feel happy using it. When I did need customer services, they were brilliant and took me through the problem I had. I had a response the following day and they went through the various steps with patience and clearness. I would use Kaspersky again in the future.
on 26 May 2013
I used it for a couple of months, and it caused me problems, my mouse failed to work after an update, my outlook email program would not launch properly, and then crashed, windows really slowed down, so took it off, and used a competitors security suite, no problems since.
on 7 February 2013
Good price. very easy to setup and use. I recommend it to computer users of all abilities. This seems to be a cheaper way of renewing a subscription. It has worked out cheaper for me to buy this product than to renew directly with Kaspersky.
on 1 May 2013
This product is too inflated in my opinion. While it works OK its default position is PROHIBITION rather than PROTECTION. It closes network connections even on Private networks making network drives unavailable without telling you WHY! Emailing support got no reply in a week and I had to call the support which is charged through higher call rate numbers. The product fails to complete scans on many occasions without any bad reoprting. A harmless utility that it does not like but deemed OK caused it to fail to scan anything until that utility was removed even though it was safe. The program is quite dumb, it wants to control everything but unlike my last AV it does not understand any basics about your setting or configuration. I wont renew. Kaspersky need to imrove many things and its quirky behaviour makes me think its vulnerable. It also takes a lot of power from the CPU. It also does not respond quickly when trying to open the console. The user is boss and any software that does not jump to it when you click is poorly understanding its relationship to the user. This is one of those. Even if you DISABLE it you dont get more power back you get it sneakily scanning in the background throwing up messages that are too quick to read usually saying you have 6 seconds otherwise its going to terminate all network connections. When I say disable I expect the machine to obey because I have a reason or urgency. This one is not for me. I had The Sheild Delux for 4 years and it was much better and smarter than this.
Kaspersky may have become one of the most trusted names in internet security, but with this program they seem to be going out of their way to move to the bottom of the list. It's full of glitches that are far from reassuring and hogs resources to a ridiculous degree, slowing down your computer without warning and leaving you with the nagging feeling that it's not really up to the task when you check the reports section and see just how few threats it has detected.

It can also take ridiculously long for the program to open - on some occasions several minutes - and it can seem to be pure luck of the draw how fast or slow running a scan will be. On a few occasions it simply ignores commands entirely or will freeze towards the end of a scan but won't let you stop the stalled scan unless you shut down the computer entirely (putting it on standby doesn't do the trick). Updates are also a huge problem, but even though they come without warning you'll have no problem knowing when they're happening - that'll be when your computer slows down to a crawl and your internet connection becomes practically unusable for several minutes. Sometimes this will be so bad you'll have to shut down your computer completely and restart it just to get an internet connection again. Switching to manual updates is a partial solution, but less than ideal.

Also rather untrustworthy is the software linking you to occasional Kaspersky online surveys which they say are about the product but which are actually about gathering financial and personal data they can use to either target their advertising or, worse, sell on to third parties. This is the kind of thing you buy an anti-virus or anti-spam program to get rid of, so it's not very reassuring to see Kaspersky indulge in it. And just to add to the negatives, tryng to get a response from Kaspersky's customer service took over a week and just resulted in an unhelpful form letter reply that didn't cover the issue.

In the past I'd always found Kaspersky reliable, but I have to admit that trust has taken quite a knock with this very disappointing new edition.
on 16 February 2013
I have used Kaspersky for the past 4 years with no difficulty at all. When I entered the activation code on one of my laptops, I lost the remaining 50 days of my previous licence. When I entered the activation code on my other laptop I only got 337 days of licence. I have been trying to contact the helpdesk for assistance without any success. The emails received were totally unhelpful and the phone number I was given was going to cost 10p a minute for a BT landline and I have another supplier, which cost much more. I have decided to just leave this matter and use another security system next year.
on 1 July 2013
Kaspersky USED to be so good. Now it takes ages before it allows the PC to get up and running, doing updates which are mostly probably totally superfluous. Its so bad I have to switch it off if I need to get on urgently with my online work. What has changed? I dont know, but what I do know is I am switching to Bullguard. I would give Kaspersky zero stars if it was an option.
on 21 January 2013
The reason I bought Kaspersky products wass because they protected my computer without interfering with what I was doing. Unfortunately, my point of view is that the 2013 version has too many additional features that simply bug you such e.g. Safe Money (when i don't even do internet banking!)
I also find that the application itself takes twice as long to load when I start up my laptop meaning I have to wait 2 or 3 minutes before I can access the internet.
In conclusion, I would say that Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 is overcomplicated and annoying for those who simply want to use their laptop for relaxation and entertainment. However, on a more positive note I have every confidence that it will perform its main function to protect my laptop from viruses - It has already stopped one trojan and I have had it for 3 weeks!
on 21 March 2013
Ive used KIS for over 5 years now and it simply works at 110% at catching bad things that wish to inhabit your puter and its a sinch to use.
Please remember to remove your old Anti Virus before you try to mount this one otherwise it wont load!
Even old versions of KIS need to be removed completely, if you get into difficulties then there is a removal tool on
the KIS website.
If you already KIS installed on your computer and dont mind it using the older version all you need do is type in
the activation code from the new disc into the renewal (Already Got a Code) reminder section on yor KIS toolbar.
But this just seems to renew the old version, hence, if you do this only buy the older version disc!
on 18 June 2013
I contacted Kaspersky to assist and they took 4 days to respond, leaving me unprotected in the meantime, so I purchaed a Norton product and it works just fine, so easy to set up. My opinion, don't touch the Kaspersky product!