Platform: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change
Price:£19.99

on 14 May 2013
I've had Kaspersky anti-virus for the last 2 years with no problems. Just recently purchased a new PC (i5 processor, 8GB RAM, Windows 8 etc) and decided to install KIS 2013 as about the same price as anti-virus. However, read some poor reviews and decided to opt for the 30 day free trail via Kaspersky website. Glad I did!

Downloaded very slowly (which should have been an early indication) and once installed my computer took a very long time to do anything. Sending a simple test email took more than a minute and then the second one failed and showed error message and wouldn't allow me to send any more emails.

I uninstalled tonight and PC returned to its normal speed. Bravely, I decided to opt for Kaspersky anti-virus 30 day free trial. So far, so good. I would recommend that if you are thinking about purchasing KIS 2013, try it as a 30 day trial first. If it works for you - great. If not, you won't have wasted your money.
on 13 February 2013
I used to use Kaspersky Internet Security Software on the home computers for many years. Decided to change after reviewing the Internet Security Reviews last year. This year I have made use of some trials with Bullguard & AVG when the trial period came to an end I saw this security suite for sale on amazon and purchased the goods as it was competitively priced. But...my computer is running very very slowly while the anti virus suite is working in the background. There is a vast difference in the speed of my computer compared to the AVG Suite. I shall persevere to see if this improves as time goes on and review again. Somewhat disappointed especially as Kaspersky has a good track record for me in the past.
Firstly it may be cheaper to buy the old Kapersky Internet Security 2012 edition, as that will automatically update to this latest 2013 version on installation anyway. Kapersky Internet Security 2013 is highly rated by PC magazines, with PCPro giving 5* (of 6), and Computer Shopper (Expert Reviews) awarding it its 'Best Buy'. This security software combines a firewall, antivirus/malware protection and parental control'. In tests it scored very highly for malware and virus protection. In fact Computer Shopper found it "Protected against 100 per cent of the malware we exposed it to, so Kaspersky Internet Security is the best bit of security software we've tested." Kapersky Internet Security 2013 installed on my Windows 7 64-bit PC OK, and quickly updated itself to the latest version. It also installed a pretty Kapersky widget on the desktop. The front end of Kaspersky has a classy feel, and the main settings interface alone lets you tweak settings across 30 areas of protection and configuration. Although you can limit access to websites via the parental control software, it's the Kapersky firewall I value on the kids netbooks and laptops as they are used on the school and college open networks.

Tweeking Kapersky is a bit technical though, and if that makes your eyes glaze over PCPro say you're better off with their 'A listed' (and cheaper) Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012 or the freebie AVG Anti-virus Free. But for me, Kaspersky's high degree of low-level control delivers enough to be worth the extra cost, and it offers superior protection. I also found that it doesn't seem to have much of a hit on PC speed when gaming, which my teenage son and I do a lot.

As the year licence nears it end buy a new copy well beforehand, as the protection drops dead at expiry, and renewing via Kapersky will probably be expensive. It's generally cheaper per PC to buy the three licence Internet Security boxed version via Amazon (although all three licences count down from the first install). Kaperksy also sell an even cheaper 3-licence 'Kapersky antivirus 2013' but that lacks a firewall and parental controls, and relies on Windows less effective inbuilt firewall. I prefer to buy decent anti-virus/malware/firewall software with teenage kids about; my brother-in-law uses AVG Anti-virus Free and his PC was brought down by a malware attack recently. To quote Computer Shopper: Kapersky Internet Security 2013 offers "Brilliant malware defence, and with it's great interface this makes it our favourite anti-malware program".
on 12 March 2013
Although this anti virus has stopped a number of viruses and malware, the problem starts when yon run a scheduled scan.
Be prepared to have very slow or non responsive programmes for the next 5+ hours it takes to complete. If you have additional hard drives attached and do a full scan, this can take over 12 hours.
I opted for this program after reading an article in Web User magazine stating that it offered te best protection, however at no point was there any mention of the extreme long scan period and the difficulty in using the PC during the scan.
If you don't believe me go onto the Kapersky forum and read the comments there.
I will be changing this programme soon.
on 2 February 2013
Ihave used Kaspersky I.S. for number of years with excellent performance. I recently purchased issue disc of KIS 2013 from amazon which caused 2 laptops to crash repeatedly and after endless attempts I failed to install this software and my only successful installation was with our netbook via KIS website .During installation of KIS 2013 this inactivated previous version of KIS2012 alrady installed on these two laptops so I was left without any working security after the aborted attempted installation of the KIS 2013.
on 3 February 2013
Couldn't fault Kaspersky 2012 which blocked EVERY threat to my PC for a year by running in the background without slowing it down. It's licence expired on 1/2/13. I bought
KIS 2013 in early January,installed and activated it on 28th. When Kasperssky informed me that my licence had only 2 days to run I was a little concerned.I checked 'licensing'.
which told me that the new key was installed on my computer,and would validate and start 2013 with no break in protection. It did. IMHO Kaspersky is top notch
on 5 October 2013
I bought Kaspersky internet security for my laptop as I only had AVG free for security.I felt it wasn't providing adequate security when browsing on the internet and checking my bank account ect. So, I went ahead and purchased Kaspersky Internet security 2013 having previously has ESET for my anti virus before getting a new hard drive for my laptop.

Kaspersky will be my main choice of Internet security in the future as I am extremely pleased with it's performance. When I first installed and ran a virus scan it picked up two malicious programs through the scan (which AVG free hadn't picked up) and deleted them.

It has a great feature called 'safe money' where it lets you input your banks website and opens it in a safe and secure page so you can be sure you have actually entered into your banks website and not a faked one. I find this feature great as I do check my bank account regularly so I am glad I have that extra security.

It completes the scans pretty fast and I have not noticed a slowing of my laptops performance. Overall I am really impressed, glad I could get it so cheap on Amazon and confident in the knowledge that I am protected when browsing the internet
on 8 February 2013
Always use Kaspersky .... And will continue . Brought this Kaspersky and did it mess my PC up big time .... Taken PC to expert ( I did think it was this Kaspersky that had caused the problem) .... Expert had problem getting Kaspersky off my PC uploading ..... I do think I had very bad disc ..... So next time be careful to where I purchase soz but I did have to pay to get my PC right ..... Nodds
on 2 June 2013
I have used this Internet security system for some years. I am not the world's greatest expert with a PC and yet I find the installation procedure very simple. Accessing those areas wherein one is obliged to operate, e.g. Control Panel brings me out in a cold sweat in case I touch the wrong button. This system does what it says on the packaging and it is alert to any transaction I conduct on-line. My only reservation concerns the installation instructions. Previously, the installation procedure was written on a 4-sided, one sheet leaflet which advised the potential user to put the disk into the player and follow the set-up Wizard. The current product arrived in a card sleeve listing some of the benefits, but it appeared to presume that one knows already the installation procedure; a year apart and I couldn't recall what I had done previously (old age!). I looked at the 2012 instructions and I was off and running in no time, so to speak.
on 29 January 2013
The new CD came in thin packaging to get through the letterbox. The renewal process from the old Kaspersky 2012 was made very easy.
Have a slight problem in a delay when trying to close down the computer that people over the internet say is Kaspersky linked - 'end program avp-exe' message which is a bit of a pain.
I also find that I still can't use the screen keyboard at the same time as the 'safe website' tool which is frustrating and a bit useless as a more secure keyboard.
Other than that it works well. Kaspersky reminds of the renewal when it is near time for replacement, but doesn't do it at all oppressively, more helpfully. On the occasion last year when I had to contact Kaspersky for help they were extremely efficient and helpful.