on 3 August 2014
Bought this for a recent camping holiday to enable us to charge a phone (Galaxy Note 3) running SatNav and a cooler-box at the same time.

We found that it did the job; however, it doesn't really charge the phone while running Google Maps - more a case of maintaining whatever charge is in the device at the time of connection. The cooler-box also kept it's temperature and to be fair, I did think that this sort of load might be preventing it charging the phone fully, but sadly the result was the same even when running without the coolerbox connected (USB cable was always connected to the 2.1A output although I also tried the 1A which was the same!).

I'm not sure if we have a defective unit, or perhaps the output amperage from the socket might be regulated by the car electronics, but worth being aware of this...
on 13 September 2013
Mine has just arrived and while I haven't tested it yet, it's nice and small, has a nice chunky high current cable on it and appears to be sturdy and well built.

My only issue so far is that the description of the product mentions the following:

=====================
USB port one output: DV 5V,1A

USB port two output: DV 5V, 2.1A
=====================

What I feel it does not make clear is what is written in the product description that comes in the box:

"Dual USB Output : 5VDC/21.A(in all)"

The "in all" part means that you cannot power an 2.1A device such as an iPad at full power AND a phone on the 1A port at the same time. I don't see this as an issue in my case (as I also bought two twin flush mount 2.1A/1A cigar lighter adapters to make it a 6 way charger!) but I think it's important that the description makes this clear. Furthermore, I'm not sure what happens if you were to plug a 2.1A and a 1A device in at the same time. Does each get 1A or does it overheat?!

Please update the description to something along the lines of the in-box description to avoid misleading buyers:

===========================================
USB port one output: DV 5V,1A
USB port two output: DV 5V, 2.1A
Note: 2.1A total (you must not use the 1A port when charging at 2.1A)
===========================================
on 7 July 2013
I Use it to load Ipad and mobile and the TomTom at the same time during my long journeys ,Works perfect
on 28 July 2013
Good product ideal if you have kids with multiple gadgets on a long car journey

Down side lead is a bit short to reach into the rear seats even in a small car
on 11 December 2013
a must have for everyone since we all have smart phones with ever so hungry batteries and tomtom. it has a thick wire and is well built I have wasted quite abit on cheap ones.
so far this is the best one , good quality and very competitive price compared to local halfords.
It works fine, and seems solidly made.

Pros:
Connector remains firmly in socket.
Everything worked fine with no problems

Cons:
A bit big
Has a bling blue LED light on the inside - not really my thing.
on 9 July 2013
Works very well. I used to buy other products from them. I am satisfied with the product and speed of delivery. I also had a bit surprised by BESTEK company that sent me a sports bag as a gift. Thank you for your attention that you give away to your clients.
on 25 July 2013
I brought this charger because we go on long journeys to visit family and friends l can read my kindle and he can listen to his Tom Tom it works for us great no problems.It was a year surprise to receive a free shorts bag we won't use it as a sports bag we are too old great size to take on a plane.l would recommend this company to my friends and family. Thankyou.
on 30 October 2015
I purchased this item because my new car has only one 12v (cigarette lighter) socket and I needed to power both a Transcend dash cam and a Road Angel device. I was attracted to this Bestek unit because of the length of the cable, my single 12v socket is inside the centre arm rest so a shorter cable wouldn't be any good. I use the dash cam all of the time but only use the Road Angel on longer runs where I don't know the area. At first the unit worked fine when powering only the dash cam and occasionally charging a phone but when I used it to power both devices it blew the car's fuse for the 12v socket - so nothing would work from that socket. I changed the fuse and carried on with just the dash cam, however, the next time I plugged in the Road Angel as well it blew the car's fuse again - the Road Angel's power lead is fine and not the cause of the problem. So, I can't use this item for the reason it was purchased - to power to devices with '12v' plugs.
on 19 September 2013
Great product and works fine , I'm a lorry driver so run sat nav , phone etc and regularly run 3 items at once , no problems up to now , if I was being picky I'd say the cable is not long enough , but I'd be being awkward , great product