10,736 Reviews
 (8,895)
 (1,084)

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but be careful of e-mailing it
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a...
Published on 3 Dec. 2011 by Mr. William Bimson

2.0 out of 5 stars Offer international gift cards
I love the idea of these cards, however it would be nice if I could send one to the UK from the USA web site, one which I pay for in dollars at amazon.com, but the recipient can spend on amazon.co.uk - I am fed up with getting hit with international transaction fees on my US credit card every time I send gifts to my relatives in the UK.
Published on 31 Jan. 2011 by Barry Graham

1.0 out of 5 stars Gift not sent on time...then certificate invalid, 18 Nov. 2013
I tried sending this a number of times....it did not arrive on my friends birthday...but some days later. She finally recieved it twice, but neither gift certificate worked.

I complained by email to Amazon, after unsuccessfully trying to resend it. I recieved an email saying it had been resent....but it has never arrived!!!
I know the email address is correct, as she recieved it although it didn't work.

A pity, as the greetings message was really sweet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed. I bought this voucher for my uncle who ..., 13 July 2014
Very disappointed. I bought this voucher for my uncle who has recently lost his sight and is now dependant on
audible books. He was not able to use this voucher to buy any audio books for his kindle
We tried to get a refund but so far this has also not been possible despite calls from myself and my uncle
Please make people aware that these vouchers can not be used to buy kindle audio books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgrace, 24 Jan. 2011
Sent to my 3 nieces just before Christlmas. Having not received any confirmation from Amazon that they had been received I had to wait for news from the girls. Finally when 2 of them didn't say anything I had to ask and discovered that they had not been received. Once I contacted Amazon to send them again all went ok but what if I hadn't checked ?

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought Strling gift cetificate by mistake!, 30 Mar. 2011
L. Olley (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I felt just awful when my sister in America told me she couldn't use the gift easily. I really feel that the web-page should have flagged up a warning to make sure I was buying the right product. A silly mistake that cost me alot and left family without a Christmas gift.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible service, 20 Jan. 2011
A Kid's Review
I ordered a Christmas gift certificate (3 weeks prior to Christmas) and it was not delivered until my third inquiry after Christmas. You lost my business, there are many other fish in the sea.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!!!, 14 Jan. 2013
I bought for a friend in USA, who then couldn't buy books from Amazon UK ((Apparently not available in her country), or spend it at Amazon.com. Useless!!!!!

She cant even use it to buy me a certificate, so £5 wasted. Come on Amazon, you can do better than this!

5.0 out of 5 stars System worked perfectly (and saved me once again!), 14 Feb. 2014
Rowena Hoseason "Hooligween" (Kernow, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
The electronic version of these gift cars are brilliant. I've never tried to send them by post -- to be honest, I use normally them as last minute OMG gifts when I've totally shambled on sorting out a present. ALTHOUGH I should also say that they are extremely useful when you don't quite know what to give someone -- the range of stuff available through Amazon is now so huge that these are a safe bet for almost any person to choose what they actually want, instead of me picking something dodgy which goes straight into the charity bin...
Love the facility to upload a personalised photo, which means you can demonstrate that you have actually spent more than 30 seconds considering this gift.

Couple of things to remember:
*you'll need the email address of the recipient so they get the gift card promptly
*it helps if the email addy is the same one they use for their own Amazon a/c (you may need to ask a partner for that)
*the electronic cards can take half an hour or so to arrive
*it's worth also sending a mail / message saying 'hope you got a nice surprise' just in case the voucher gets trapped by a spam filter
*don't forget to write in the message box who it is from!

Personally, I'd be chuffed as little piggies if someone gave me an Amazon voucher as a gift. yes, that is a hint :-)
10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Present Idea, 2 Mar. 2013
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Amazon’s gift vouchers make an ideal present for Christmas, birthdays, and other occasions. There are various ways of sending these, from the quick and easy email version to having them sent or printing them off to give. Personally I prefer to use the email method as it is quick and easy, and you know when it will be sent and that it has been received.

The expiry dates on these is for years in advance and so there is no need to have the recipient spend it all straight away, as you can spend it bit by bit. With the email version of these you also have as well as the standard pictures and customisation, the ability to send animated gift cards, which do go down well.

Two things to remember, if you somehow make a mistake or have problems then please notify customer services who should be able to sort you out pretty quickly, even deleting the one you have just done so you can start again. If you are sending one abroad please remember to use the appropriate Amazon site so that you send the right currency. In all this is an ideal, quick and hassle free way to send a present that will be appreciated at any time.

1.0 out of 5 stars BE VERY WARNED !!!!!!!!, 16 Jan. 2015
What a rip off, Xmas 2013 i buy two £75 gift vouchers to have emailed to my dad and his wife in the USA, everything went well and gift vouchers were revived by them both in us dollars, 2014 i purchase exactly the same only this time my dad and his wife receive the vouchers in UK sterling, and amazon WONT change them to dollars, and they can only be used in the UK, a ten dollar item to buy costs more than the voucher to send. At the time of purchase there was no information that they had changed there policy on gift vouchers, unless you went looking for it. any way folks simple answer is to just send a check to family or friends and when cashed it will be in there local currency. I feel so bitter about amazon ripping me off i will never use them again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult to remove vouchers once put into order basket, 25 Dec. 2012
PHaire (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I'm currently trying to remove one gift voucher that I ordered by mistake and it is quite frankly wanting to make me tear my hair out. Why can't Amazon just have a 'delete' or 'remove' button at some point so you can remove any you've placed in error. Also it is too difficult to find your current order from other points of amazon. Why don't they just put your gift orders in your 'basket' surely easier.
Not happy so far!