on 10 July 2013
First off, this is a great product. it is fast, light and the battery can last up to ten hours. The Yoga is a fantastic design and at the current price on Amazon it is a bargain. The problem with some reviewers is that they seem to be focussing on what the Yoga/RT system is not and never was, and they seem so disappointed. One reviewer wants to express his devotion to his Mac which is sweet really, however the Yoga is not a laptop and so it is not a like for like comparison and so his comments in the matter are redundant. Others complain that Windows RT is not the full operating system, Really? One thing I will say about Apple fans is that they understood that the ipad was not a mac and that the ipad was not expected to run 'legacy' programs, they took all this in their stride and embraced change.
Microsoft have done a good job with RT and I like that it is bundled with Office 2013. Sure there are not a zillion apps in the Microsoft store and that may be a deal breaker for you. I have been using a Samsung tablet for two years and the only apps I used regularly have been VLC player and Citymapper. The tablet was used mostly for watching videos, checking email and using GPS mapping, the downside was that I couldn't do my office work very easily. With the Lenovo I have the perfect combination.

In sum, there is no point whatsoever in comparing RT to full Windows 8, anymore than you would compare mac os x to the ipad operating system. Oh, and do buy the Lenovo Yoga it really is that good - three weeks in and no problems whatsoever other than needing to switch off wifi before connecting a Bluetooth speaker.
77 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2013
Many of the reviews listed under this product seem to be for the Yoga 13, which is confusing, not only because the size of the two products is different, but the hardware spec and the OS is different too.

I bought the Yoga 11 which runs Windows RT. I considered the Yoga 13 which runs full-fat Windows 8, but decided against it because it costs nearly twice as much, is bigger and heavier, and has a shorter battery life. And, with Office 2013 built in, I don't need to run any legacy Windows programmes.

For £500, this is a good value machine if you have no need to run legacy Windows programmes and are happy with RT. For me, the fact that it comes bundled with Office 2013 preview as well as access to the ever-growing Windows App Store means it does everything I need. The design is brilliant - unlike other tablets, I can sit in a chair or in bed and use it in "stand" mode with the keyboard upside down on my lap. This means I can adjust the screen to any angle I like and operate it as a tablet without having to hold it. Try operating an iPad without having to hold it!

Phenomenal battery life, superb screen, slick to use, and way more flexible than any tablet or laptop machine - what's not to like? Alternatives I considered before choosing the Yoga 11 were the Microsoft Surface, HP Envy x2, and Asus Vivo. I considered that none of them tick all the boxes which the Yoga does.

The future of Windows RT is clouded, but that doesn't bother me. At £500, the Yoga 11 will see me through the next year or two, by which time full-fat Windows 8 (or Windows 9?) machines will be more affordable, and hopefully with a battery life which matches the Yoga 11's class-beating 13 hours.

I bought mine from John Lewis - same price as Amazon, but with a 3 year warranty included.
1010 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 November 2014
Machine itself is excellent, but Windows RT is a real product destroyer.
Unit lasts forever on it's battery and starts in seconds, but RT prevents it doing anything useful, like printing to a network printer?
Seriously avoid anything that comes with Windows RT, no matter how good the hardware is.
on 21 January 2015
Purchased this as a Christmas present and the recipient seems to like it.
The O.S. takes a bit of getting used to but, as she says, "Just play around with it to see what works!" and it will sort itself out.
If you're used to some earlier Windows Operating Systems then it may be frustrating at first - through your prconceptions out the Window (sorry about that) and follow the aforementioned advice.
Hardware wise it's a good size; no too small, not too big and not too heavy. Battery life seems good. For those times when the touch screen button doesn't seem to work it's good to have a mouse to hand.
on 4 October 2013
I love this laptop, it's so handy and does everything I need it to. It has the best parts of a tablet and a laptop! The only downside is the apps from the windows store aren't great :(
on 30 March 2015
I didn't read the spec properly and expected this to run actual windows rather than the mobile version. Despite admitting that mistake though I still can't give it a particularly high rating as it seemed to run pretty standard things surprisingly slowly. It is, however, very light and would be great and versatile as a tablet-laptop hybrid for general basic use. I personally decided I would rather have a faster, but heavier, full-on laptop.
on 7 January 2015
Fabulous little machine. Much better than expected. Rate the laptop seller as it was ordered after Christmas and appeared on my door two days later. I had to ring as I botched the set up, my fault! and very helpful and patient! guy talked me through it. Twice!! No problems with recommending them. Excellent, service and value for money.
on 19 April 2013
Only had my Yoga 11 for a week and still coming to grips with some of the W8 characteristics, but I love it! Normally buy everything from Amazon, but John Lewis was same price with 3 year warranty.... sorry Amazon, it was too much temptation.

Anyway, back to the Yoga. Looks great in the Orange and a well made unit. It's Windows RT - I knew what I was getting into and ignoring all the negative views of this, for me, a mobile worker who uses Office, Web and email as 99% of my work tools, this was perfect given the light weight, low price and fantastic battery life. I can see that 12hrs is easily achievable. The App store is definitely lighter on games than Android, but I rarely play them anyway.... The essentials are there: Skype, Twitter, Kindle etc. I am a gmail and Google Calendar user, the Mail client syncs with Gmail, but due to technical/political differences, the Calendar no longer links to my Google calendar. I tend to use the Google mail and calendar apps through the browser and they work fine like that.

The screen is very nice (coming from a 3 year old Thinkpad it seems really bright!) and so is the keyboard. Overall user interface is very slick.

Did I tell you about the Orange....
on 23 September 2013
It does. Basically.

You are forced to use internet explorer which hardly works. Sometimes the mouse just disappears and you have to restart it. Tumblr doesn't work. It doesn't let you download java or flash so youtube only just works really.

The screen has really good graphics. It doesn't heat up. It's completely silent. Really quick start up time. Has a super long battery usage.

I'd rather have waited and bought a mac book, or at least the full window 8 version.
on 7 March 2013
I like the hardware spec of the Yoga, but have noticed that you are limited to the Windows RT App Store for applications. Currently no Spotify, Google Talk or Google Drive, they should get there in a couple of months.

The SSD means that it is very quiet and the system unit stays cool when you sit with it on your lap.

Altogether a good package, I'm very happy with it.