5.0 out of 5 stars My review after having it for 24 hours:
Build quality: Pretty good, although inferior to Macbook Pro/Air aluminium body. Really like the leather/rubberised texture over the area where the hand rests. Some reports of the rubberised coating or orange paint peeling around the edges after a few months, which Lenovo does not cover under warranty as it is considered wear and tear, will need to wait and see...
Published 11 months ago by dthom12

3.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo
Published 13 months ago by Bubble

3.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo, 4 Jun 2013
Arrived very quickly, looks really good, fast and starts up quickly. On the first phase of windows updates, the touchscreen was unfortunately disabled, checked the Lenovo website and within the forums this issue is well documented but Lenovo at the time of writing do not give a clear solution to the problem, this item has been returned to Amazon. I was aware of the limitations of Windows RT but still the word and excel was usable for my work. The item was very compact, light and the battery life was over 8 hours. Windows store is way behind apple/android but slowly is picking up. A newer model is available this month (June 13. Credit to Amazon for the quick return and no quibble guarantee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best budget laptop/tablet/portable device, 8 Feb 2014
Please note - I am not a home user, I am a IT Geek. So this review is based on my experiences. Some reviews mention a noisy fan - I have bought 3 of these for my staff and I, none of them have a noisy fan. Honestly I didn't even realise they had a fan! Spongy or Springy keyboard - Yep, there is one (mine) with a slight feeling of movement to the keyboard in the very centre. Honestly, I live on a keyboard (working with PC's all day/night) and I only noticed this after reading the other reviews. The keyboard works perfectly, feels responsive, lovely key action and light to the touch. I love these little machines and I think IBM (Lenovo) have really excelled on this front. Small, light, superb battery life! I give 5 stars as the laptop and the price match and then exceed my expectations. I have used every kind of machine on the market, this one I cannot replace.
Downside - Windows 8RT, please lets not enter the OS war, it is a good fit for someone like my mum. Simple interface, childishly simple to use. For me and the team, we had to put Linux on this machine before we were happy. Warning to other *nix fans, this is not a simple procedure - compiling and customising is required.
Overall we think this is worth every penny and go for more RAM if you can, Windows RT needs half the resources just to do the slidey desktop.
Oh, one last note - Software! Be aware that everything in RT is done through the store. You can only seem to install programs from micro$oft store, so you need an account and then your Skype will never be the same, apps like Google don't exist and Netflix will never run. have to mention this, I know a few users who added mods/hacks/fixes to get around this, but for home users, there is no warning that this is the case.
Hope you find this useful,
Andy

5.0 out of 5 stars the game changer for windows, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13-inch Touchscreen Convertible Ultrabook (Silver Grey) - (Intel Core i7 3517U 1.9GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
Amazing product- I was on this train from Glasgow to Oxford with my friends working on a spreadsheet. The way I was interacting with it amazed every body. There were many 'Apple' users who said its a very cool laptop & they haven't even seen its bending-over backwards trick yet.
When everybody is jostling for space on the train, my laptop is giving me flexibility to work on any kind of space.
One of my friend using 'Apple' commented that this product makes him wanna go back to windows.

I really don't understand when people say its a good laptop but a bad (heavy) tablet. Its not meant to be a tablet. It is just an added flexibility that you might use maybe 20-30% of the times.

And for me I would say, I was getting this flexibility without any added cost. Because similar specced, top-of-the-line touchscreen ultrabooks from other brands were available for the same price or even more expensive price without the added benefit of any convertible design (Acer S7 -Megan Fox).

So I am delighted by this product and it has exceeded my expectations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs attention, 6 Jun 2013
I ordered next day delivery but in fact the package arrived in the afternoon of the following day.

The hardware is fine but it appears that the Windows 8 software has been pre installed by Lenovo but not registered with Microsoft.

This means it cannot be activated and the Windows store will not work.

So the machine is virtually useless until Amazon and Lenovo rectify this.

5.0 out of 5 stars good , solid and style, 2 Jun 2013
Mr. Bo Sun - See all my reviews
best computer I ever had!
I love it that it can be a tablet and a computer, nice design, very fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this. Light weight, 15 July 2014
I love this. Light weight, easy to use. does everything I need and more. I love the touch screen and use it in conjunction with the mouse. Problem is I now find myself stroking the screen of my (lesser) work laptop and expecting things to happen! Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little laptop/tablet, 29 Jun 2014
I love this little laptop/tablet! It is so light weight and easy to carry around. The only downside is that it won't let me download any new apps or software such as iTunes and Skygo but other than that it is very easy to set up and use with the touchscreen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but can't store much on it, 19 May 2014
My first touch screen laptop but wow what a device!

Pros:
Great crisp, bright screen.
Powerful processor for running all my graphic intensive tasks (Photoshop).
Great for running the majority of my favorite Steam indie games (Spelunky, Fez, Hotline Miami)
The hinge design allows the screen to be setup in a number of handy useful positions. However I see this as a gimmick as I find myself just using it as a regular laptop.
I love Windows 8 and it's perfect for touchscreen. Those who buy a non-touchscreen laptop are seriously missing out (although not so much now since the latest updates). I didn't think I would want to use the screen and dirty it up but I can't help it... it's awesome!
Lightweight and very thin.

Cons:
Glossy screen is a fingerprint magnet. Although with that bright screen you will only notice after you switch it off.
If solid state drives where cheap everybody would be doing it, and the only way Lenovo and other such companies can achieve laptops as thin as this is to pack them with very low storage memory to remain cost competitive. This is a shame as this is my only real problem with it and has meant having to purchase an external hard drive which I must take with me everywhere. However since writing this prices have dropped steadily so if this is an issue for you I would probably look for something that offers more as 128Gig is faaaaaar too low!
Not a very powerful dedicated graphics processor for graphic intensive games but then I didn't buy it for this.

Overall it's hard not to love this thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars lenovo, 24 Feb 2014
bought this as my laptop needed upgrading, couldn't decide weather to go for a laptop or tablet so decided on this, glad I did as I like both aspects about it. I mainly use it as a tablet but still like the fact it has a keyboard so I can use it as a laptop, really good value for money and it has a flashplayer unlike tablets which some don't support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement for my old ancient laptop., 10 Feb 2014
J. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
It's so neat, light and easy to use. Took a little while to get used to Windows 8 but there are good tutorials to help you get round. The touch screen is wonderful - don't know how we've managed for so long without it !!! All in all I'm absolutely thrilled with my purchase.