5.0 out of 5 stars Immense!
When I first started to read 'Secret' I was a little worried that it might have been a bit too 'kiddy'... I was wrong.

'Fear' was exactly the kind of sequel i was hoping for - funny, satirical, smart - everything i want from a sci-fi/fantasy novel. This book needs more publicicty, i could see the series getting a real following one day :)
Published 15 months ago by SaintPuggle

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good read.
I found this book a little disjointed. Probably a great read for the younger age group. Perhaps 12 to 24.
Published 21 months ago by Dojen

5.0 out of 5 stars Immense!, 28 July 2013
SaintPuggle (Mexborough, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Kimi's Fear by John Hudspith Kindle Edition, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant, well written just like the first book, we join Kimi one year after the events of the first book, all of heart's people have been moved to earth while heart is re-built, Kimi is accused of murdering Cohn the Greylian general in the first book "Kimi's Secret" which I would advise you to read first, she has to go back in time and face her fear and bring it back to prove her innocence, the book is well written and the plot well thought out, some people have compared the first book to be like Harry Potter but this is nothing like Harry Potter except that it will appeal to young and old alike, and I am in my 60s, here's hoping that Mr Hudspith keeps up the good work, more please? 5 Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute page-turner, 22 Sep 2014
Siobhan Daiko - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Having read and reviewed “Kimi’s Secret” (Exciting, zany, crazy, mad story that's scary and funny at the same time), I was really looking forward to “Kimi’s Fear”, the follow-on. Once I’d downloaded it to my Kindle, I couldn’t stop reading. Wow! What an absolute page-turner!! You will laugh, cry, bite your nails, and finally heave a sigh of relief. Kimi is a delightful heroine, who’s so feisty and engaging she practically leaps off the page. She goes on a magical quest to prove her innocence by confronting and overcoming her fear. I love how her childhood ‘bogey-man’ becomes an actual protagonist in the story (Mr G), and joins the cast of wacky eccentrics from “Kimi’s Secret”. There are new characters too, amongst whom the British Queen and an old man who appears in the “Devine Intervention” chapter. I thought it was clever employment of “Deus ex machina” on John Hudspith’s part to turn the plot device into God Himself. This novel will appeal to all age groups, I believe. There’s truly something in it for everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kimi's Fear, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I don't read many self published books, but I gave Kimi's Secret a whirl last year and it was better than Marmite on toast (a good thing BTW). So, I simply had to download the sequel.

Hudspith doesn't disappoint. There's the same oddball creativity, high standard of writing and imaginative plotting that keeps you on the edge of your seat. The characters are so well rounded and real you expect them to climb out of the Kindle, and in some cases eat your teeth/brains. Kimi goes from strength to strength and really develops in this latest episode, facing up to some horrible situations and difficult choices. I really now need to know What Kimi Did Next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Ive been eagerly awaiting this since I turned the last page on Kimi's Secret, I have not been disappointed! This is one amazing book. Kimi and her mojo are on her adventures again, all her old friends are there, monkeys, crows Greylians, the Famooses are back, there are exploding clowns heads and fish that taste of fruit. It's fantasy, it's Sci-Fi,it's thrilling, it's cute, this book will fire your imagination like no other. From the very first page it is written so richly it's like turning the pages of a picture book. Highly recommended read,totally enjoyable and well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, clever and compelling. A must read., 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I finished up Kimi's Fear, the sequel to Kimi's Secret, this weekend. There is a phrase I've learnt lately (thanks to social media) called the 'book hangover' and boy did I have one. The book was incredible, and it was deep. Not so deep that you don't get whooshed along by the breathtaking storyline, the action, the characters, the crazy world that Kimi Nichols inhabits, but deep all the same.

It's a story of bravery and responsibility. How many children have the fate of the world on their shoulders? How many children have alien bounty hunters after the treasures in their brain? How many children confront their greatest fear and poke it in the eye? Kimi Nichols has, and Kimi's Fear is an inspirational tale for it.

Another really interesting thing about Kimi's Fear is the genre mash-up. Kimi's Secret saw the scene firmly set in the realms of fantasy, and it was brilliant for it. In Kimi's Fear, however, there is an addition, and it works. Elements of the paranormal weave in and around the main fantasy plotline, creating a fantasy-mythological-ethereal hybrid. It's clever, and it's different. I think it adds a whole other level of awesome to the book, and makes it that little bit more WOW.

An example of this mash-up is to be found at the height of the action. If you've read Kimi's Secret you will know that crows are an iconic piece of imagery associated with the book. That continues over into Kimi's Fear but this time it all gets a lot bigger. As Kimi's quest reaches its peak she needs some help. That help comes from the demon figure Malphas - a mythological crow-man (you can even look him up on Wikipedia). It's this kind of crossover that helps the book, in my opinion, build on Kimi's Secret and turn into something bigger, better, bolder.

Greylians, flying mice, God, Her Royal Highness, a bogey monster made up of gloved hands, dodos, crows and time travel. Yes, they all have a place in this fantastic story.

It's not a churchy book, Heaven forbid, but there is an excellent undertone to the book that I believe all children (yes, and adults) would benefit from. God, in this story, is brilliant. He's wise, he's funny, he's pretty damn cool. I have to rein myself in for fear of spoilers, but I loved it. Not only that, but the essence of the book is one of learning to face your fears, and Kimi is a role model to us all, not just those of us who haven't reached adulthood. I sure wish I had a dose of Kimi courage sometimes.

This book made me turn the pages like an egg timer was counting down in front of me, it made me laugh, it made me draw breath, it made me gawp at the clever little twists and turns. I LOVED IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Harry Pottter, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This second book is as good as the first. Hope they end up as a films. And I,m 57 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
got the first book free had to get the second as i enjoyed the first and could not wait for the next one to become free

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
john's books are always amazing, something for everyone. I cannot wait for his next edition. Kimi is special in every sense of the word

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
After reading the first book of the series, I was thrilled that a second came out. This is a book aimed at kids but appeals to all. Kimi is such a likable character and Hudspith weaves a complicated plot that had me guessing to the end. Highly recommended.

Kimi's Fear (The Kimi Books Book 2)