Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 29 May 2013
I'd read about the supposed improvement in sound quality when using a USB DAC, and, despite being somewhat sceptical, decided to give it a try.

The difference was like night and day. Using a pair of Sennheiser HD-555s (with the foam removal mod) plugged straight into the output from my onboard Realtek HD sound chip was ok, but the bass lacked punch, and there was a general lack of dynamism. The E07K soon put paid to that.

It's a great product. Well made, easy to use (just plug in via USB and select the SPDIF device as the default output under sound in control panel in Win 8). Everything is of noticeably higher quality, with less white noise and much better low end.

I haven't used it as a portable headphone amp yet as I find the output from my iPhone is perfectly acceptable and don't want to lug around extra kit. Used purely as a desktop DAC/Amp it's made a huge difference to music listening on my PC. Would heartily recommend to anyone using even moderately decent headphones to listen to music on a PC.
on 5 August 2013
For the money there is nothing else, so can not compare it to anything.
Sound quality? there are a lot of official reviews for this device, and all say it is good, but here is my version.
1- As an amplifier only: it is very good, it immediately upgraded the sound of my Galaxy Note II - no matter what headphone I plugged them into, sound is punchy ( a tad too punchy!) clear and powerful, it is not polite, may be a minute bass distortion on transients. I tried it with Samsung stock earphones, a pair of Nocs 800 and my hifi system.
2- As a DAC/Amplifier: again very good, can't grumble at all, it upgrades the sound of most laptops, and PC's and indeed my trustee Note II. here the sound gets a little polite, compared to my Creative SB-XFi sound card. the creative is more airy and open than Fiio, and the bass lines are more clear - but bear in mind that the Creative sound blaster, costs twice Fiio!
3- Build: As good as it gets - the pouch is specially nice.
Fiio should sell USB OTG cables so that compatible phones can work with it seamlessly.
I would have given it 4.8 stars, but there is no such thing.
on 10 April 2013
Bought to use with a pair of AKG 550's and an ipod classic to give more power and depth than the ipod alone and boy what a difference it makes. The AKG's are a good pair of cans when used with a Hifi but can be found lacking when used with a portable source like an ipod. So after a bit of research I settled upon the E07K and was not disappointed.
on 17 February 2014
For my needs and use which is smartphone to Fiio DAC to home stereo it really has changed the sound of my system big time. I stream Google Premium and wanted to get the full 320 bits rate. It sounds great and for 67 pounds you can't beat that price and value. I had never seen an actual Fiio product so did a lot of research on the net to figure out which one would be best suitable and it is difficult to really find out what all the specs actually are. and what is the real difference in sound quality between the respective models. I concluded they all sound the same with the only difference being more features, so picked the most basic of the models the E07K. I am very happy, actually extatic with the sound and the product so far. Some reviews have talked about faulty products but so far working correctly. I've ordered the L7 adapter to take advantage of the low-bypass function and hopefully get even purer sound. The instruction booklet is very clear and sorted any questions I had about the product and clearly explained features and setup.
on 6 July 2015
Excellent sound quality. I have BeyerDynamic DT770 80ohm phones and this device brought them to life. I thought I could scrimp and use the laptop audio out which works but is underwhelming, maybe the 32ohm version is best for laptop out? I also tried an external asio sound card which sounded cleaner but still lacking volume. Using this device is exactly what the phones needed. The added control over bass and treble was the dealbreaker compared with the Fiio E10k. Also this device was smaller than I thought it would be. How anyone could complain about the sound quality I'll never know.
on 23 February 2015
Teamed up with an iPod classic, the E07K really does result in a significant improvement in sound quality. I use with a pair of Sennheiser Momentums brought over the Christmas period, which are now fully burnt in, so I can now fully appreciate the improvement the E07K gives to the lossless files on the iPod
I use the FiiO line out dock cable (bought separately) to connect the E07K to the iPod.
However, connected to a laptop via the supplied usb, and listening to FLAC files, the difference is little short of stunning - an amazing improvement in sound quality
Build quality, instructions etc are all first class - highly recommended
on 26 January 2014
This will be a very short review. FiiO E07K has a very good sound,clear with some sparks. I'm using this amplifier with my audiophile mp3 player and Final Audio Design Adagio III earphones and sound quality is slightly better but with over ear headphones it's different story. Fii0 is giving me more power on output so big headphones sounds way better now. You can attached two headphones at the same time because FiiO has two jacks. Overall ,brilliant sound especially with big headphones, great product, well made and looks more expensive then it is (apart of rubber case). Worth to buy.
on 1 March 2014
I wanted a small portable amp for my DT990 pro 250ohm headphones and these seemed to fit the bill. Initially I wanted an E18 but they don't work with with the Nexus 5 phone I have so chose this and saved some money. Works great as a USB DAC and amp with my laptop and goes very loud. And also works great as just an amp with my Nexus 5. The nexus 5 has an okay build in DAC, so mainly the E07K is just adding volume because I could turn up the nexus 7 all the way up with my headphones and it wasn't that loud, but the E07K still adds its own bit of sound signature too and sounds very nice.

Two issues though - the box didn't include the rubber band straps and after only a couple of months of use the short 3.5mm cable is becoming intermittent which is a shame but I'm sure I'll find a decent replacement when it breaks completely, I know its only a cheap cable but I expected it to last longer than a couple of months!
on 4 December 2014
Great product. My first ever DAC and I am using it with Bowers & Wilkins P5's. The E07K is a revelation in making music played off my iPod and iMac come to life and better than ever. Without the E07K the music output direct from my devices just wasn't cutting it and justifying the headphone cost but once played through the E07K it's easy to see why it gets such good reviews from customers and why people all over the internet recommend them.
on 10 April 2013
Bought the iPad mini to use as my portable audio player, so I can read and listen to music at the same time - I am disappointed because of its audio out, which is obviously worse than that of iPod and iPhone I have tried out at local Apple store - with more significant roll off at both treble and bass ends. So I thought I would try the E07k (which was used for my laptop) on my iPad mini via the lightning Camera Connection Kit (CCK), and it works! The sound is much clearer; the bass is deeper and tighter; and the treble is extended further (as compared to iPad mini's headphone out). More importantly is that the soundstage has much more depth, making the sound more 3D-like. The only thing I can complain is the screen protector that comes with the E07K is slightly too big (around half a millimetre on both sides), which is okay when you stuff the device back into the silicone case (included in the package as well!)...

This product certainly improves my laptop's sound, and it is just brilliant that its DAC does work with iPad mini as well! Remember to turn off USB charging on the E07k before plugging it to the iPad mini!