5.0 out of 5 stars Dell 1760NW COLOUR LASER PRINTER
Wanted a cheap colour laser printer for my Nexus 7 tablet,saw reviews which were mixed so as price was within budget took a risk.
Published 6 months ago by J M ABRAM

2.0 out of 5 stars a No no for mac
No driver support online. no online interface, no help from Dell helpline. says on the product details is fine with mac. it isn't.
Published 14 days ago by R. Kohli

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell 1760NW COLOUR LASER PRINTER, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dell 1760NW Colour Laser Printer with Ethernet, Wireless and 3 year Warranty (Accessory)
Now in order to be accurate let me say this- using the supplied USB cable meant installation was simple - plug in to laptop ,install & print. Not so easyto install wirelessl. However if you set up your home network without security and initially use either desktop machine or laptop and persevere then the rewards are worth it. Once set up and working I installed the Dell printer app to the Nexus 7 version 2 and was able to print within 5 minutes with no problems. As a test tried same app on Samsung Galaxy III phone with similar results. Prints are clear and with a better colour then expected and printing pictures from your phone is very satisfying. Takes around 5 minutes total to print so not excessive for freedom you have . Cartridge cost is expensive if buying Dell branded but I will probably use compatibles which are much cheaper. Overall printer exceeded my expectations as well as being solidly built too. when comparing consumable items bear in mind can leave printer idle for weeks with no loss of printing ability, not something when using an inkjet I would recommend.
Would therefore have no hesitation in recommending this printer to anyone who can add it to a home network as a wireless printer or by usb to anyone wanting a cheap colour printer for the home.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice printer but beware warranty, 19 Mar 2014
J Mura - See all my reviews
I ordered this printer on 5th March 2014 and it arrived a few days later. I have no problem with the product or the seller, Bentham Ltd. What I do have a problem with is Dell's warranty policy which is this: Dell's product warranty starts on the day that the product ships from Dell to the reseller. In my case this date was 2/4/2013, so the printer had been sitting at the reseller for 11 months before it got sold to me. The net result is that I only have 2 years and 1 month to run on my warranty. Had the warranty been a standard 12 months then I would have only had a month left!

I have never heard of such a policy before, and I'm stunned that it's even legal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell 1760, 15 Jan 2014
The main reason I bought this printer was for the excellent booklet printing option. I do about 40 programmes for my football club each week and it is a breeze doing them on this printer. I have learnt to avoid eBay for my toner as one lot I got was just about useless. Get some scales and weigh the cartridges full and then weigh them empty to give an accurate reading of how much tones is in them, The ones I got off eBay had as little as 4gm of toner in them. Much better to get the ones off Amazon at about 6.00 each, they seem to have about 12gm plus in each of the colour ones and more in the black. The three year warranty is possibly a waste as the things that are likely to go on the printer are regarded as "consumables" and not covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good printer if you avoid Dell's replacement toners!, 3 Sep 2013
J. Bowyer (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The Dell 1760NW colour laser printer is a well built and reliable. Today you shouldn't consider buying a printer that doesn't have wi-fi/ethernet connectivity- it makes connecting and printing from Android devices, iPhones, iPads, Ultrabooks etc a breeze. Having a networked printer isn't a luxury or a waste of time, especially when some of the devices we use cannot interface directly with the printer over USB.

Anyone looking at the Dell 1760NW and the cheaper Dell C1660W which lacks ethernet but is about 10 cheaper. Except that it isn't- You see the 'cheaper' Dell C1660W uses different toner cartridges and the cost of replacement 'compatible' toners is more than double the cost of the 1760NW 'compatible' toners. There are also a less buying choices for the Dell C1660W toners.

Also, as others have pointed out, buying Dell branded replacement toners is more expensive than the cost of the printer. The cost of buying a full set high capacity C,Y,M,K toners direct from Dell would set you back roughly 250. For comparison you can purchase a set of high capacity 'compatible' toners for 25 on Amazon. Also, I'm not defending Dell's exorbitant toner pricing, but it is the same practice employed by HP, Canon, Lexmark- the cost of replacement inks/toners is substantial over a printers lifetime compared to the one-off purchasing cost of the printer.

Point this out to those that complain about replacement costs and you'll likely hear many, if not most, of the following comments;

"Only 25? Well I hear that those 'compatible' toners will ruin your printer";"The quality is nowhere near as good as the official ones- the colour isn't quite right";"The print quality is worse, much worse!";"The toner will clog and scratch the drum head, and leak, or dry out, or both, and who knows what toxic chemicals they contain." "You even run the risk of breaking your new printer by using them and they invalidate your warranty...."

And where did you hear all this? Who was it that warned you? Let me hazard a guess- it wouldn't be from the manufactures would it? The same people who sold you your printer at a loss/razor thin margin so that they could make back the profit selling you the ink/toner at vastly inflated prices. I have a deal for you- this printer cost me 100 to manufacture. I'll sell it to you for 30. Actually for today only you can have it for free. 0. Nada. Nil. Now isn't that a bargain?!

Man that company is crazy! They'll go bust giving away printers. "The replacement ink is 22 a cartridge (and it doesn't last long)....damn! in the last 3 years I've spent 300 on replacement inks. So much for my "free' printer.

These companies have a vested interest in you not purchasing 'compatible' inks and toners. It isn't 'their" ink and toner at sky-high profit margins. It ruins their business strategy. It would be better if more people realised that a printer manufacturer isn't primarily selling you a printer. What you're actually buying is a device to consume their ink/toner.

This Dell colour laser printer is really good. but none of the 5 stars I gave it are in relation to the exorbitant Dell replacement toners at a cost of 250. Someone at Dell is smoking the toner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, with Linux support (from Xerox), 30 Oct 2013
ted209 (London, UK.) - See all my reviews
This printer works very well, once set up. As others note, initial wireless setup is a little tricky, but this only needs to be done once. Print quality is excellent, third party toner is cheap and the hardware appears to be good quality.
This works in Linux with the Xerox 6000 driver (6000_6010_deb_1.01_20110210.zip).
For 32 bit Ubuntu, just install and add the printer as a Xerox 6000B driver.
For 64 bit Ubuntu 13.10, do the same, then run: "sudo apt-get install libcupsimage2:i386" (edit: there may be more libraries required: see review comments).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Printer, 24 Jun 2014
I got fed up with inkjet printer cartridges drying up or clogging, not to mention the cost of replacements. Always wanted a laser printer but the prices of the printers and cartridges were too expensive. Then I saw this one and the prices of the Compatible Cartridges were just the same as the inkjet type but held more and never dry up. Every time you switch on an inkjet printer you waste ink flushing the jets before it starts printing. This does not happen with laser printers so no waste of toner. A Win Win situation all round. The Quality of the Print is brilliant and the Wi-Fi works really with our Home Network. Go for it now that the lases printers are more affordable, you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell colour laser printer, 1 Jan 2014
This item was received in good time, and arrived in good condition. To date I have had no problems with it. The reviews previously mentioned about the cost of the replacement toners, I would back up the opinions of previous reviewers and go for the compatibles and save a small fortune.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built simple printer, 11 Oct 2013
Simple well built printer, compact for a LaserJet, A little tricky to set up wirelessly especially if you do not have a CD ROM drive, I struggled with this and in the end used an old laptop with such a drive. Synching it with the router involved using the cable in my case. After that the new Windows 7 machine without a drive was OK after I downloaded the drivers and then pointed the install "have disk". Onthe old Windows XP machine without a CD ROM it I had to obtain/note the IP address form the other machines and access the printer via network using that IP, as well as installing the drivers as mentioned.

STOP PRESS Just added the Dell Print Android App which allows direct from Android Phone Printing, this is really brilliant and a great extra

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Printer, 7 Nov 2013
This printer is very good, its quite compact for a laser jet printer. I bought the printer through Very which cost me 72.95 including p&p, as I was a new customer I was able to get 30 0ff the original price of 99.00. So for me the price was great. As in the last review the price of the previous model to this printer is cheaper, but the toner including the compatible toners will cost more than the printer itself. This printer has compatible cartridges that are much cheaper and cost only a fraction of the printer price. The quality of the prints in both Black and White and Colour is also very good.

I have seen that some of the reviews had trouble setting up the printer and enabling WiFi, but for me this was a a very simple task, The WiFi and printer itself were setup in no time at all, taking less than 5 minutes. I haven't yet bough any compatible toners, as they do not need replacing yet, but when they do, I will surely review the quality of the toners, as well as the changing toner process, which I prefer to be not so difficult!

Overall, This printer is great! I am very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell 1760NW - excellent, 18 July 2014
H. Paton "Hugh" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a maddening inkjet printer that wouldn't play nicely :-(

I was astonished yesterday evening - I read the installation instructions, did as they said, and the printer was working in moments. Absolutely dead easy.

I had slightly more trouble in getting another laptop to talk to it, but that was the laptop's problem.

I've also just set up printing from my Samsung Galaxy Note, using the Dell print app - again, dead easy.

Very pleased so far, though it's early days yet. Also, bear in mind you may need to keep your old printer if you use it for scanning and/or copying.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›