5.0 out of 5 stars If you're in the market for a colour laser then this is the one to buy.
Bought as a cheap replacement for a mono laser. Arrived quickly and well packed (huge amount of cardboard to get rid of later though!) Comes with a A3 quick setup sheet and driver CD that were not required as it was very easy to setup. Plugged in power lead and pressed the wifi button on the printer and the WPS button on the router and it paired in about 2 minutes...
Published 18 months ago by Mike Renshaw

2.0 out of 5 stars Paper Jam Kills Printer In One Year
Bought this printer as I use a Dell laptop at home and always been very happy with this brand.
Published 18 months ago by Amazon user

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars OH YES!, 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dell C1660W Wireless Colour Laser Printer (12ppm) (Accessory)
Finally, I have moved away from inkjet printers and threw away the old one after yet another one bit the dust through dried up inkjets. I quite accept I don't print enough to warrant keeping the inkjet but this Dell printer is something else! I could quite easily rant on about the picture quality of photographs being quite good after all the negative reports I have had as to the expected quality of laser jet printers. I could continue to marvel about the greetings cards I make and the lovely sheen on the finished articles. About how many people wonder at the professional look of the finished product. OK, OK, enough of this I'm hooked (line and sinker) on this Dell printer and guess what I'll be purchasing if I need to another time. Oh and at least six months on I'm still on the starter pack of cartridges and I seem to have printed out more than I used to.

For me, there was, actually is, only one problem... the wireless setup! I'm still swapping the printer USB cable between my two computers as I can't work out how to connect them using my BT Infinity hub.

4.0 out of 5 stars WiFi problem, 17 Feb. 2014
This is great as a USB printer, it was easy to set up on both Windows 7 and Mac OS X Mavericks. The print quality is excellent and the warm up process is quick. HOWEVER I cannot setup the wireless function as it does not find my network. As it easily picks up the networks of my neighbours I suspect it may be a compatibility issue with my TP-Link TD-W8968 router (can anyone confirm)? I have tried both the WPS option and manually configuring it. When I try the latter my network does not even appear in the list of available networks.

The lack of the wireless function does not really bother me and to be honest using the USB will be quicker. If I used the wireless printing I would have to go the the printer, turn it on, go back to my laptop and print the document, then return to the printer to collect the output. It will be quicker to take the laptop to the printer and do everything in one go (this is viable as the printer warms up so quickly).

All in all I am delighted with my purchase but have deducted a star as it will not find my network.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It, 16 Mar. 2014
I really can't find any negatives about this printer after 3 months of use. We bought this for home office use, including regular production of work-related documents. The wireless setup was relatively easy. My Android phone direct prints reliably using the Dell app. The print quality and print speed are superb. The printer is also fairly quiet which is great when I'm working late.

AT the moment the toners seem to be lasting very well and you can buy a full replacement set for around £20 anyway, which is about the same as my old inkjet printer, but they will last 10 times longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 13 July 2014
Mr. P. Womack - See all my reviews
I have had this printer for 9 months, connected to my iMac via wifi and it has been excellent. The printing quality is very good and fast enough for me. I have had no problems at all. I have just had to replace the black toner cartridge and after looking at the price of the Dell replacements ( £180 for the set of 4 - exorbitant! ) I bought the set of 4 offered on Amazon by Top Cartridge. 4 compatible toner cartridges for printers Dell C1660, C1660W, C1660CN, C1660CNW best replacement for 593-11130, 593-11129, 593-11128, 593-11131 So far no problems with compatibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says it does .. and well too!, 27 Sept. 2014
I use this for my small business (author/ publishing) its great for smaller posters and flyers/promotional stuff. many people have talked about the damned expensive cartridges ... which is true if you buy originals. but be warned if you get third party toners, get them from a reputable firm and watch the reviews (the one you need to be worried about is the yellow which with some 3rd party toners has a slight problem). it fired up first time brilliantly, ive had no paper jams at all! and it installed into my windows 7 straight away with no fuss. I wanted something with good economy and better performance than my old Epson printer with a print quality that was good enough for the job it does ... it doesn't disappoint! it sits on the end of our computer bays and is used all day long for normal run of the mill printing which its happy to do from dawn till dusk ... and with £30 for your average set of 3rd party toners it's pretty economical too. (just don't go phoning dell if you have a problem with it after you've put in non dell toners, they'll tell you to go away. but then it's cheaper to just buy another c1660 than it is to get an engineer out to fix yours! sorry dell but it's true!)

5.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Does not work with Apple OS Mavericks! NOW FIXED!, 31 Dec. 2013
UPDATE 14/01/14 DELL HAVE RELEASED THE LATEST DRIVER FOR OS MAVERICKS AND NOW I AM ABLE TO PRINT FROM MY MAC.

LOVELY PRINTER

Bought this printer as it says it works with Apple OS, but the new Apple Mavericks is not supported and I cannot install any drivers for the printer or print from my macbook air, phone or iPad.

Not happy.

Dell have not released the new driver and I am only hoping they do so in the near future.

My mothers PC laptop worked seamlessly with the printer and the print quality is amazing. I shall have to copy and open all my files on her laptop and print from there until Dell release the new driver - defeats the point of wireless entirely!

Come on Dell, release the driver please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell C1660W Wireless Printer, 7 Mar. 2014
Purchased on the strength of the favourable reviews, and so far, so good. The size of the box was a bit overwhelming, and difficult to handle because it only had one handle. However once unpacked it proved to be only slightly bigger than the Samsung it was replacing. Setting up and connecting to my mac mini was easy, it found the network easily, and the print is very clear and sharp. I printed a photo on plain paper, and again, it was sharp and clear.

Initially wouldn't print from my iPad but downloaded the mobile Dell app and this works seamlessly, giving lots of options for printing.

This is my third printer. My HP inkjet printer seems to eat cartridges, and always in the middle of a big printing job, and my Samsung mono laser printer suffers paper jams when my back is turned, so finally ran out of patience with both. The HP will be used as a scanner/copier when the ink finally runs out. At around £30 for a set of compatible toner cartridges it would seem that in the long run the Dell printer will prove to be more economical. Time will tell, but more than pleased with performance and quality of print so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Paper Jam Kills Printer In One Year, 9 Jan. 2014
This printer worked well but we have had two paper jams, the last of which proved fatal. The problem is that the back cover doesn't give you access to the rollers where the paper actually gets jammed, that means that when you pull the paper out a bit can get caught and rip off. The first time we managed to get the paper out with the help of two wooden coffee stir-sticks. It took us more than an hour. This time the bit that broke off was only a few centimeters long. It has been impossible to get the bit of paper out and now the printer doesn't function at all.
Will not be buying a Dell printer again - sadly this is a design fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, cheap 3rd party toner, and inexpensive., 13 April 2014
Was looking for reasonably priced colour laser printer and after looking at a number of options, this seemed to offer the best in terms of value for money and quality.

Obviously won't output photographic prints anywhere near as good as an inkjet, but lasers not designed for that, for everything else though this is more than adequate.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Printer, 19 April 2014
Robert Hedderley (UK) - See all my reviews
The print quality is excellent, it is quick and quiet without the vibration of an ink-jet and doesn't require wasting pages time and ink to get it working properly if you don't use it for a while. The WiFi capability means that it can reside anywhere within range of your WiFi system and I have found no problems with it whatsoever.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

Dell C1660W Wireless Colour Laser Printer (12ppm)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available