Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

on 17 December 2012
Once again, a log awaited album doesn't disappoint, a few good tracks. Would have been good to have a few more tracks, but of the 11 there are about 6 really good tracks and a few heavy rock extras. Really good lyrics and guitar work (got to love Joe & Mark's riffs). Yes some will say the band have toned down some of their heavy metal efforts to gain some extra mainstream airplay, just like other similar bands such as Nickelback & Alter Bridge, but you can't blame them trying to gain more audience and followers, especially in the UK where thy are relatively unknown.

Stand out tracks have to be 'Should Have Known Better', 'Talk To Me' and 'I Don't Wanna Believe'. So some more good tracks to get added to my car MP3 disc, more good driving songs alongside their previous tracks.

If you are new to Hinder, look up their 3 previous albums, some very good tracks such as 'Lips of an Angel', 'Loaded & Alone', 'Last Kiss Goodbye', 'Without You', 'What You Gonna Do', 'Everybody's Wrong' & 'Red Tail Lights'.
on 27 December 2012
It still baffles me how a rock band with a fairly big status in America still hasn't even tried to break the UK market. Nickelback are probably still the only American band in this class and what harm would a little competition do?

In fairness, they did tour the UK what must have been coming up to six years ago now, but never released a single, nor were promoted that widely.

So, would they get any joy with this album? It's more of the same really as any of the three previous albums. There's your hard rock anthems, your middle of the road ballads and a couple that fit into neither niche. Should Have Known Better will be added to the five star list in my playlists alongside songs from previous albums such as Lips Of An Angel and The Life. It's not quite perfect, there are a couple of fillers, hence the four stars, but still, if you're looking for a modern day rock band with the melodic nature of The Calling (remember them?) and the edginess of early Nickelback, then Hinder's catalogue should fit right in.

If you do have a stab and purchase this, and enjoy it, then the other three albums will be right up your street too. And you may just wonder why you've never heard of Hinder before.
VINE VOICEon 21 February 2013
Being the owner of the previous 3 albums by Hinder, I was quite looking forward to this album as their Nickelback/Black Stone Cherry/Shinedown sound is one that I do like - derivative, but I do like, nonetheless.
So, we come to "Welcome To The Freakshow" and the first thing I did notice was the short playing time (not a problem if ALL quality tracks but that's not quite true here) and the next thing I noticed was that the music was playing but that my attention was drifting - thinking that some of the tracks here could so easily have been recorded by any current day boy band....WHAT? However, once I managed to re-focus my attention I actually found the album quite listenable in a lightweight kind of way and but for the occasional expletive, this would be very much suitable for Radio 2 listeners - and that's not just a throw-away sentiment!
The rockier tracks probably have to give second place to the ballads here, but, overall the album is quite likeable. However, because the quality is not consistent and nowhere touches the previous three albums highs, I can only really give this effort 3.5 stars (but 4 showing as Amazon still do not allow half marks!)
You have been warned!
on 22 September 2014
Not bad, not as good as their other albums (this ones a little bit more poppy) but there's a couple of heavy rocks songs. If you're just starting with Hinder would try the early stuff. Stand out tracks for me are: Save me (great opening track),, Ladies come first (bit unusual don't know why I like this one)!, freakshow (another heavy tune, nice rift to it), Talk to me (a lot of heavy listeners may not like this as it's a bit poppy, I kinda dig it)!, Get me away from you (another poppy track but kinda catchy), I don't believe (My favourite on the album, great chorus....bit poppy again), See you in hell (this song kicks arse for me, one of the heavier tracks on the album)

The other tracks i've missed from the list are not bad just not at Hinders high standards of their previous material in my opinion, although some people may like track number 3 - Should have known better!

Overall not bad but a few fillers on here, still think it was worth the money!
on 1 January 2013
This is a bit of a disappointment really. When they first started out they reminded me of Motley Crue or that kind of stuff anyway. Now though on this album they seem to be a slightly poppier version of Nickelback. Don't get me wrong, I quite like Nickelback but do we really need yet another band sounding like them! I much preferred what they were doing with their first couple of albums, this is just too commercial for the most part. There are a couple of good tracks but generally this is a disappointment.
on 7 June 2014
I do like Hinder and have all their albums - I think they are a cross between Nickelback and Del Amitri but you should decide for yourself.
on 27 December 2012
I must start by saying that I like Hinder,I have all the other albums,but 'Welcome to the Freakshow' is a wishy washy disappointment. Waaaaay too many soft,predictable tracks,nothing really stands out.
The image is tattoo's,booze,guitars,drums and girls......the sound????...well its like Westlife with a couple of riffs thrown in.
And at 36 mins in total,they were not really taxing themselves were they?
on 17 December 2012
Hinder are maturing into a very good, easy-listening, but still hard and edgey rock band. All they need to do is tour the UK and capture the British public's imagination with their catchy, melodic sounds. This is simply their best since their debut album and possibly better than that. I can't stop playing it. The first four songs are superb rock songs with 'Should Have Known Better', an up-tempo ballad that is on constant repeat in my car. The album is well written and produced, whether the band had help doing it, it doesn't really matter, as they have found their niche and though not heading in the right direction....they have surely reached their destination.
on 2 January 2015
very quick delivery item as described would recommended and buy again
on 26 March 2015