5.0 out of 5 stars You can see why Diggers released this set!
Published 19 months ago by Spanner

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Digweed set but stupid crowd noise
Another brilliant set by Digweed but what's with the crowd noise in the background? It serves no purpose at all and I'm sure we are at a point in history where a crowd wolf whistling, cheering and just making a general din can be left out at the recording. Apart from that the tracks rock if somewhat ruined.
Published 11 months ago by Quing Quong

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars You can see why Diggers released this set!, 5 Dec 2012
This is my first review as I felt compelled to inform my fellow Diggers lovers of the excellence of this 4 CD set. If you've ever been to see JD live you will feel an affinity to this album because it transports you straight back to the dancefloor. I used to see JD at the Beach nightclub in Brighton every month on his Bedrock nights and when listening to this I can feel the atmosphere as if I was back there.

JD is a legend for those that love his progressive sound. A technical master, this album is relentless. The longer you listen, the further down the rabbit hole you go.

Buy the album, invite your friends round and stick this album on reasonably loud. You'll no doubt have everyone dancing with their heads down by the second CD and you won't be able to get rid of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wide Spectrum, 29 Nov 2013
Four CDs of John Digweed mixing live, at this price.... I didn't have to think too long about buying it. I figured that even if I only liked one of the CDs, it would still be worth the money.

As it happens, it transpired that I'd made a very good purchase. It's 4 CDs of genuine quality. It really is live too. You can hear JD making the occasional adjustment to the pitch and tempo of a track. Being Digweed of course, the mixing is of course awe inspiring at times.

The reason I love this release so much is for the first two CDs. It's a rare chance to hear JD 'warming up', with some slower tempo, deeper tracks. The last half of CD 1 is sublime, with some great offerings from Jozef, Ben Pearce etc. I love the Ben Pearce track in particular - especially the first time I heard it here on this mix. Interesting to note that it's gained notoriety and now appears on a F&F advert - Tescos clothing line, if memory serves me right!

The second two CDs provide familiar ground for JD fans, with a mix of techy, proggy tracks, aimed firmly at the dancefloor.

This is a rewarding mix and I doff my cap to the DJ for offering up this level of qulaity for 5 hours straight. if I was 10 years younger maybe, I would've loved to have been there on the night!

5.0 out of 5 stars John Digweed....Consistency!, 6 Jan 2014
I could write about how I first saw Diggers DJ at The Bowgie, Crantock way back in 1993 but I won't. I could write about his epic collaborations with Sasha but I won't. I could even write about their Heavy Delta tour, boat cruises at the WMC but I won't. Maybe I could write about Diggers 20 year musical partnership with Nick Muir as Bedrock and their amazing production and remix history ("For what you dream of" being used in cult classic film "Trainspotting"....
Or even John dj'ing at SW4 on Clapham Common..... but you can google most of this (except for The Bowgie part)

What I will say is John Digweed is relentless in his pursuit to not only discover and push new music and sound but, more importantly, he wants to share it! Share it and expose to as many people as he can possible.

I highly recommend this CD. John has captured the live experience and a whole host of blistering tracks, remixes and re-edits and delivered...with aplomb!

If, like me, you have a desire to enjoy quality electronic music that is as far away as possible from commercial tripe, then opt for this compilation. For the price and the amount of tracks you have, it as an absolute bargain and from a Man you can trust. That man... John Digweed

I cannot recommend enough. John Digweed. Pure quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Live Set, 18 Feb 2013
Well he has gone and done it again with this supurb 4 CD live mix from london. His 3 disk CD live from Cordoba has some brilliant tracks moments and momentum and is well worth the purchase, but i think this one is just that tad more special with a bit of everything for all dance lovers out there. Its Mixed and it builds to perfection (as always from the master) the CD's weave there way through a maze of tech, prog, trance and funk twisting and turning all the way to the sad but very enjoyable end.. a must for your collection..

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 17 Feb 2013
This is an excellent value 4 disc CD. It's simply Digweed - and everything we have come to expect from one of the UK original 'House' Daddy legends. Each disc has its own feel and as a complete package starts and grows into a pulsating, rhythmic, enchanting snap shot of what would a been a brilliant club night. Just buy it and see for yourself - at this price you can not fail to be impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 8 Dec 2012
Totally brilliant, the best CD John Digweed as EVER released. CD1 and 2 start off mellow, then CD 3 and 4 pick it up with some pounding, deep beats. SUPERB from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars MINDBLOWING, 19 Jan 2013
WOW, i can only begin to imagine what this was like if you were actually there on the night ! Digweed is such an amazing talent, always has been , always will be ! 4 CD'S of pure audio bliss ranging from chilled prog house right through to banging full on techno ! what a set.. what a DJ !! nice 1 diggers, this is unreal even by your standards

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Digweed mix, 15 Jan 2013
Haven't stopped listening to this 4 cd mix. Lots of great tunes and probably the best deep/progressive house mix of last year

5.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: John Digweed - Live in London (MP3 Download)
5 stars for the value, 5+ stars for the music, its been played as much as possible...love it. a must buy !!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Welcome Surprise, 13 Jan 2013
Diggers has really excelled here, bought the disc as a gift for a mate after reading a few brilliant reviews. An we have to confirm that they are all right, this album is an absolute gem! Really pleased with the disc and wish more than anything now that we'd been able to make it to the gig!

I can't recommend this album, we love it so much we've had it on repeat ever since.

If your in two minds about buying this album... don't hesitate! Not John's usual dark style but it really is a refreshing change.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›