on 13 March 2013
Really disappointed with this product! I've been an artist working with brushes and paints all of my life and I bought these specifically for cake decorating as that's what they are advertised as. These arrived and were no different from my artist paint brushes! The hairs off the brushes even fell off on to the cake I was decorating which was my sons first birthday cake. I could have bought these a lot cheaper from a local pound shop. I wouldn't recommend.
on 12 February 2013
I was very disappointed with the product and have not used it, I would not use the brushes on food, I suggest they may just be cheap paint brushes and the packaging looked to have been opened and stapled back together.
33 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2013
Brought these due to being cake decorating paint brushes. .however when they turned up they looked cheap and tacky and looked like they should be worth 50p! And were proper cheap paint brushes! Definitely cant be used on cakes!
on 29 April 2013
Any supplier selling this should be ashamed. These brushes are only fit for the bin! The bristles... not sure what they are made from I've never seen anything so poorly made... bristles falling apart. Not fitting for food application. I have no words... no wooorrddss!!!
on 20 May 2013
If you pay cheap for something that is what you are going to get. The brush ends are loose and some have even fallen off. I would not use these in cake making and the only thing they were useful for was when painting the kitchen getting in awkard places.
on 24 December 2012
Not great brushes: some were a little stiff for the purpose & a couple seemed to be gummed up with something but considering the price they are ok.
on 11 May 2013
nothing let the picture,the brushes are not colour coded as seen on this picture and to top it the bristles are all stuck together cant use them for cake decorationing at all, a waste of time and money
on 16 April 2013
Brushes not of merchantable quality - bristles all falling out and some bristles all covered in glue. No labelling whatsoever - ie no details about manufacturer or where made or any product standards. Not as described - ie not at all suitable for food use "cake decorating" - therefore not fit for purpose - not even suitable for painting pictures - my 10 year old wouldn't be happy using these for painting pictures they are of such poor quality and are not of merchantable quality. Total breach of the Sale of Goods Act. Seller should not be allowed to sell this product. Would not recommend this product or this seller.
on 1 April 2013
Bought a set of brushes from poundland few months ago and obviously they were not good but I guess you get what you pay for. When I saw these brushes in Amazon, I bought it straight away. They look simple and I like the colours. When I received my brushes, guess what? They look exactly the same as the one I git from poundland, all in black not what it says in the photo. I'm so disappointed. I know it's not a lot to pay but I felt like I've been robbed.
on 12 April 2013
I bought these brushes to paint sugarcraft as that's what they are advertised as being suitable for, well I suppose if you wanted bristles or hair all over your handiwork then they would certainly do that. Quite honestly I gave mine to the 5 year old grandson and he said that they were rubbish and that he didn't want them so ---- you guessed it, they have gone in the bin. I suspect they originated in China and originally cost £1 a bucketfull! and thats probably what they are worth. Please don't waste your time ordering these. I have given 1star as I don't know how to give zero.