5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely gift
The family were looking for a suitable 'thank you' Christmas gift for my wife's carer. A 'gift card in a box' seemed an excellent choice and earned me a great big hug and a kiss!

Published on 18 Dec. 2012 by Terry D

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot be redeemed in Kindle store!!!
I got this gift card to go with a Kindle e-reader as a Xmas present to my mother in law so she can choose any books she wants to read on it. Good idea, except you cannot pay for Kindle books with this card!!!

The same book in hard cover - no problem, "Kindle edition" - enter your credit card details please.

EDIT: Please note that this was written in...
Published 18 months ago by Dr D

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely gift, 18 Dec. 2012
Terry D "tdawson735" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Several reviewers have commented adversely on the minimum amount of Amazon voucher but, in this case, it wasn't an issue. They offer a range of gift/greeting cards of various denominations from £10.00 upwards (or from £0.01 for email/print it yourself !) - see, for example, Amazon.co.uk Paper Gift Card.

My only minor criticism of the 'gift card in a box' is that (perhaps I didn't fill in the order properly) there apparently wasn't a prominent 'Don't open until Christmas' label on the parcel.

Probably me...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 20th December 2012

Sylvia had no problem in using the gift card to place an order for a nest of tables. I watched her place the order and, unlike another reviewer's experience, the card number was immediately accepted without the slightest hassle.

Forget money, Amazon Gift cards REALLY work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Idea.., 22 Nov. 2013
Great idea when you hit that brick wall what to get someone. The box adds the finishing touch. So good I got two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon gift card, 6 Feb. 2014
Excellent idea. My daughter in law loved it. She can now purchase what she likes (books for her kindle). Would definitely buy again in the future. Lovely gift box Included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs tweeking, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Gift Box - FREE One-Day Delivery (Paper Gift Certificate)
Always welcome by people of all ages, however there's no way of adding a message with it when having it posted direct to your loved ones or even saying who it's from. If you want to send it with a message you'll have to have it delivered home then have the added cost and time posting it on. Surely in the age of global warming it is kind to the planet if we can add a message, free of charge, via computer so that you can do the gift thing properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, 29 Oct. 2013
This is a great idea but it would be nice to know if it was delivered . I get the message that it was dispatched 5 days ago but no delivery message and to date no payment taken from my bank account .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea!, 24 Jan. 2015
Other reviewers seem to have issues but I can only speak for myself in saying how efficiently this worked. The gift tin my voucher came in was good quality and looked very nice. It was a simple process to follow the instructions, to credit my Amazon account with the £50. I then shopped as normal and could decide at the point of paying, whether to go ahead and use this credit, or to uncheck the option box if I'd have preferred to use at a later date. There's no rush to use the gift voucher, as it didn't expire for about 10 years! I can't remember the exact time limit but am sure it was about that long. I put items from various sellers into my basket and my credit just came off the total. I think this was a fab Xmas present. I still had a gift to open Xmas day and had so many choices on Amazon, to treat myself to something I really wanted. I definitely recommend as a lovely looking and thoughtful gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 2 Jan. 2014
Perfect gift when you're stuck for ideas! Better than giving someone a gift card in an envelope! The pretty little gift box was smaller than I expected but it still looked good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift box, 16 Jan. 2013
So much nicer as a present than an e voucher. Also looked very nice in the presentation box. Will buy amazon gift cards that are boxed whenever possible in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift Card, 30 Jan. 2014
With the high cost of shipping, the gift card was the perfect way to send my cousin & her son a Christmas gift. I was VERY pleased and will certainly do this again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift Voucher, 24 April 2014
I choose this gift voucher as a present for a friend who was impressed with the lovely box which it came in. Would definitely buy another gift voucher from Amazon.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Box - £40 (Plaid Globe)