4.0 out of 5 stars Something Different?, 9 April 2013
This review is from: My World is Gone (Audio CD)
I ordered this purely on the back of hearing the third track being played on Paul Jones' Blues Show on Radio 2. I know nothing whatsoever about Otis Taylor or his music, but I have to admit that the album continues to grow on me. Track 3 is extremely addictive with some glorious cornet underpinning the entire piece and Taylor's banjo driving the whole thing nicely. The last three tracks are also very easy listening and had me tapping-away on my steering-wheel in appreciation of the diverse mixture of this man's music. The sleeve-notes are quite interesting too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Otis delivers another interesting album with great guitar from Mato Nanji, 27 Aug 2013
G. E. Harrison (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My World is Gone (Audio CD)
Otis carries on with his mix of trance blues and history, telling stories of his Native American roots as featured on his previous albums 'Contraband', 'Clovis People' and 'Pentatonic Wars and Love Songs'. There is more eccentric use of instruments here with banjo, Ron Miles on trumpet and Anne Harris on violin but the big bonus is the excellent Mato Nanji from the band Indigenous taking the place of Gary Moore and playing excellent blues lead guitar. Otis is a true original pushing the boundaries of blues but keeping its deep emotional heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Otis Taylor review, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: My World is Gone (Audio CD)
Superb cd by an artist I only heard recently on the Paul Jones Blues show. Its blues/.soul/rock/american roots mix is a listening pleasure. Perhaps a couple of tracks dip mid cd, but other than that its a terrific bit of work. Only musical similarity I could make would be JJ Cale - and that's no bad thing!

My World is Gone
My World is Gone by Otis Taylor (Audio CD - 2013)