Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 April 2013
I ordered this purely on the back of hearing the third track being played on Paul Jones' Blues Show on Radio 2. I know nothing whatsoever about Otis Taylor or his music, but I have to admit that the album continues to grow on me. Track 3 is extremely addictive with some glorious cornet underpinning the entire piece and Taylor's banjo driving the whole thing nicely. The last three tracks are also very easy listening and had me tapping-away on my steering-wheel in appreciation of the diverse mixture of this man's music. The sleeve-notes are quite interesting too!
Otis carries on with his mix of trance blues and history, telling stories of his Native American roots as featured on his previous albums 'Contraband', 'Clovis People' and 'Pentatonic Wars and Love Songs'. There is more eccentric use of instruments here with banjo, Ron Miles on trumpet and Anne Harris on violin but the big bonus is the excellent Mato Nanji from the band Indigenous taking the place of Gary Moore and playing excellent blues lead guitar. Otis is a true original pushing the boundaries of blues but keeping its deep emotional heart.
on 10 June 2013
Superb cd by an artist I only heard recently on the Paul Jones Blues show. Its blues/.soul/rock/american roots mix is a listening pleasure. Perhaps a couple of tracks dip mid cd, but other than that its a terrific bit of work. Only musical similarity I could make would be JJ Cale - and that's no bad thing!
on 24 November 2014
dark music but i love it ....so authentic because its real.......

Buy it.
on 27 May 2016
I just love this guy and there isn't a bad track on this one.
on 7 April 2015
A Good priced product delivered promptly
on 8 September 2015