• Hydra

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 March 2013
Awesome album powerful and poetic. Such a shame that this is due to be the last one.
Much love to the rest of the tribe.
on 14 February 2013
This album starts off with amazing visuals. I could see a massive multi headed beast rising up out of the sea with the fog horn blaring in the background. super creepy and amazing. This album is dark and violent, which is what i love about otep the most. It will take you to some very dark places but with much satisfaction.

It took me a few listens to adjust to all the songs and the message that was being sent out to fans. lol and now i simply cant stop listening to it. The only really bad thing about this album is that its oteps final peice of work and that makes me so sad. It is my only hope that there will be more artist and poets out there that will carry the torch on and contunue this style of music. Though there will only ever by one Otep.

There are a few songs that stand out for me. "Crush" will forever be my favourite song, its so damn perfect. To hear her begging like that gets me all giddy. "voyer" would be another favourite from this album and i love it because she is so cruel and has zero mercy for this "pathetic goblin". I must say i enjoyed the visuals for that song quite a lot. "blowtorch and nightlight" i really had to look up the lyrics for, she screams so hard that i couldnt understand what she was saying. then i found out and was all smiley. "apex predator" is just awsome, a sweet revenge scene full of wonderful violent visuals.

The whole album has a nice snug feel to it, if not totally covered in violence. There are different sounds that are used that i havnt heard in others. creepy vocal effects that would give anyone nightmares (reminds me of the silent hill games ect). I would recommend this album to all otep fans, not that i have to. any otep fan will dive on this album and have a good idea of what to expect, its otep for gods sake.

stick on some headphones and turn off the lights for a fun ride. This is simply more amazing songs for my playlist.
Its a shame no more albums are coming but at least we have been told so we can start the process of acceptence lol.
on 10 July 2015
great as expected
on 7 November 2013
meh
on 9 September 2013
worst otep album ever!! worst otep album ever!! worst otep album ever!! wheres the bin?? this is rubbish!! what happened?!?!?!?