5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Gripping Page Turner
Published on 17 Oct. 2011 by Raymond Gilbert

3.0 out of 5 stars Ups and downs...
I really enjoyed the first two thirds of this book - it reminded me very much of Harlan Coben, who is a favourite of mine. The characters are believable and their reactions and feelings to their situation seemed plausible and realistic.

Published on 2 Jan. 2013 by M-Moo06

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Gripping Page Turner, 17 Oct. 2011
Raymond Gilbert "Ray" (Nottingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cemetery Girl (Paperback)
This is one of the best thrillers I've read in a long time. It is an utterly convincing story about a father's journey to find the truth about his daughter's abduction. I found the protagonist very sympathetic and believeable. There are plenty of twists and turns in the narrative and you never quite know what to expect. It is written in the style of a gritty detective novel and I found it easy to follow. What I loved most of all was how realistic the father's reactions were. The author really has a grip on how a man relates differently to a tragedy and I found this utterly compelling. Highly recommended. A**

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty drama, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cemetery Girl (Kindle Edition)
Sometimes a difficult read because of the subject matter but at the same time impossible to put down, Cemetery Girl has believable characters and an original storyline

5.0 out of 5 stars Cemetery girl, 30 Jan. 2013
Read by Steve's wife!
Absolutely brilliant book!! Fantastic story. Could not put it down. Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, 27 Jan. 2013
DebbieB (Southend-on-sea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cemetery Girl (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this story which was told from the point of view of the father of a girl who has disappeared and is presumed dead. Caitlin has been missing for four years and her parents' relationship has suffered. Her mother is organizing a memorial service but her father cannot accept that he should move on. Perhaps he is right as strange events begin to suggest that something other than death may have overtaken Caitlin.
This was a good read and I have ordered David Bell's next book The Hiding Place which is due out soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting!, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cemetery Girl (Kindle Edition)
A bit of a different plotline makes this novel stand out. I found the characters interesting and could empathise with them easily due to the excellent writing style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cemetery girl, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cemetery Girl (Kindle Edition)
Cemetery girl by David bell. A great read for a rainy afternoon page turning thriller would read more books by this author

4.0 out of 5 stars New author for me, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cemetery Girl (Kindle Edition)
I shall now be looking out for more from David Bell - I often stick to known (to me) authors but this was a good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected pleasure, 7 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cemetery Girl (Kindle Edition)
I had not read David Bell before and did not expect the book to be very good but in fact I enjoyed it very much and it kept me interested until the end. I would read more of his.

4.0 out of 5 stars An absorbing read, 6 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cemetery Girl (Kindle Edition)
This book shows a completely different perspective to what happens to a parent when tragedy befalls their child. Especially when that tragedy is the result of a criminal act. I couldn't put the book down once I had started as I just had to know the outcome. A rivetting story and at the same time a very refreshing one as it`s strength came from what was not written more than what was. An excellent debut for the author.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ups and downs..., 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Cemetery Girl (Kindle Edition)

However, something just didn't sit right with me for the rest of the book, and looking back on it now, there were some odd bits that don't seem to make sense now. For instance, Liann - why did she seem to play such an important part at the start and then completely fizzle out towards the end? And Caitlin being described as a 'secretive child' wasn't really backed up with anything other than the incident with the near-miss car accident, yet it seemed to play a big part in the way Tom felt when she returned to them 4 years later. Pastor Chris, I imagine, was supposed to be an irritating character who was intended to rile the reader with his patronising ways and overly-cheery demeanour, but again he was a character that seemed at one point integral to the story, but was simply phased out towards the end - were these characters intentional red herrings? And I think the conversations with Tom and his daughter's kidnapper were bizarre - would a father really so willingly speak to a paedophile/rapist/kidnapper who had snatched his daughter in such a calm and almost polite manner? I seem to think 'no'. That is where the book got a bit far-fetched and stringy for me, but I'm glad I kept reading, as it wasn't too bad overall. However, I got this for the bargain price of 99p - not worth spending £4.99 on.

Cemetery Girl