Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 November 2009
Bit difficult to be objective. Growing up in Manchester in the mid seventies the Buzzcocks were just such an important part of my life and that of my friends I can only give this five stars. The posey, tough bands from London were okay but the Buzzcocks were ours, camp (well Pete Shelly anyway), cuddly, witty, intelligent and friendly and for us epitomised what punk was all about more than any other band out there. Another Music.....is a just a great album and this package has so many great extras it is just wonderful. I like to play the original album as a single entity then to cherry pick from some of the
August 1978. I'd just seen the Buzzcocks on TOTP performing "Love You More". I got my Mom to cancel my subscription to Shoot (incorporating Goal) and switched to NME. So started a love affair with the music of Pete, Steve, Steve and John which still burns as brightly today.

I used my pocket money and birthday money to buy the back catalogue of singles and purchase this, the only album they had out at the time. My 13 year old ears loved it and my 50 year old ears do too, despite the near forty years that have passed in between.

I always still buy Buzzcocks product, even re-releases so I was looking forward to this limited orange vinyl offering and I wasn't disappointed.

Like many nowadays my life has been Spotified so although I still buy lots of vinyl I tend to stream a lot of music in the car on my travels. Subsequently I tend to only listen to certain tracks rather than whole albums so although my Buzzcocks playlist gets a good bashing, it doesn't include everything.

I stuck this beautifully pressed album onto the turntable and for the first time in quite a number of years I listened to the whole album, track after track in one sitting.

I'd really forgotten how good the album is as a whole. Not just the classics like "Fast Cars" ,"I Don't Mind", "Autonomy" and "FIction Romance" but the break-neck buzzsaw guitars of "Love Battery", "Sixteen" and the almost pop "Get On Our Own" and obviously, the tour-de-force is the wonderful climax of "Moving Away From The Pulsebeat", which never fails to enthrall.

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing
on 12 November 2013
This, was without doubt, the best pop punk album ever made. Every song is an instant classic. The added 'extras' are a great inclusion, although the Spiral Scratch ep would have made it 100% perfect.
Great live tracks, and the John Peel sessions and early demos should be lapped up by fans everywhere.
I can't find a single negative thing to say about this album, it is a masterpiece in every way.
God bless ya Pete and Steve
on 2 November 2009
In fact, one of the all time great albums. Fantastic songs, fantastic sound, no ounce of fat but incredibly listenable.
on 7 July 2013
Classic album Given great re-issue Treatment - Sounds Better than ever - great extras - but pity spiral scratch e.p isn't on here
on 31 July 2013
Well what can i say about these legends that already hasnt been said just go out and buy this masterpiece
on 27 May 2015
Far better than the second album...love it
on 4 May 2016
100 MPH PUNK SUPERB ALBUM
on 11 February 2013
I fear all those added tracks will detract from the impact of this wonderful record. Though I'm sure they're good to have too.

I recommend you stop it after "Moving away from the pulsebeat". Then do the dishes and then listen to the rest.

The other thing (and what prompted me to write this) is David Quandickhead's idiotic and so off-target remark about the "cheapo Steve Harley-esque sneer of Howard Devoto". As it happens I love Steve Harley as well as Howard Devoto (even if nobody could accuse the former of ever writing a lyric that made sense). But that's neither here nor there - what is, is that HD bears no resemblance to SH beyond the fact that both were slightly unorthodox in singing style - not even in the same ways. Furthermore, the one Buzzcocks record that Devoto sang on, the unduly famous "Spiral Scratch" EP, is pretty much punk by numbers (sneery indeed, but more in a Jonny rotten than a Steve Harley style). Whatever. Go buy Magazine's Real Life along with this, enjoy them both, and why not get Cockney Rebel's greatest hits while you're at it.
on 2 July 2015
As with all old facourites sometimes they do not age as well as you remember them