5.0 out of 5 stars another winner
Published 19 months ago by Fredbearblue

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and sweet
Ann McMan doesn't write sophisticated literature but she sure knows how to tell a story in a fun and entertaining way. Additionally, there aren't that many lesbian fiction books out there so kudos to her for writing several. I read them all and they were good fun. Perfect for the beach :)
Published 15 months ago by eVeB

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting sequel, 1 Feb 2013
The sequel to Jericho

Syd and Maddie are back. Henry is still a part of their family. His father is still serving his country in Afghanistan. All is well in Jericho. Well, it was until a tornado struck, devastating the town and the residents. Businesses and homes have to be re-built. Relationships are strained amid the aftermath of the storm that destroyed so much of the town. But, hard as the job is to get the town shipshape again, the people pull together in ways that may never have happened prior to the tornado.

Although this is the sequel to Jericho, the book can be read as a standalone. There is a really good summary of Jericho at the beginning of the book, plus a list of characters. I would however strongly urge you to read Jericho first, because in my opinion, Jericho is the better book out of the two. I absolutely loved it.

Aftermath is well written, we have all the same loveable, well formed, multidimensional characters we have in Jericho, plus some new ones to add to the fun. All these wonderful characters interact so well together, they are a joy to know.

The story has a serious theme, but also a humorous, (maybe humorous is an understatement) hilarious, side splitting, laugh out loud side to it. There are highs and lows, emotions run wild. Sadness, pain, loss and romance are all just a small part of this book. Personally, I would have liked a little bit more on the romance side, maybe this is why I prefer Jericho to Aftermath. But none the less, this is a nice, longer than average, read.

This book didn't quite end, so I am hoping there will be another book to follow. These characters have so much more to offer, I can't believe this will be the end of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars another winner, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Aftermath (Kindle Edition)
I read Jericho after Amazon kept suggesting the book as a good read. Being stubborn, I ignored the suggestion, and then gave in. Of course the book was great (please read my feedback on it) So when I saw Aftermath I didn't think that Ann McMan could follow her sucess of Jericho. Well she did!!! From the very first page I was gripped and it was another (can't put down book) I am not going to go on about the story, but anyone not reading this next book would be missing out on another great read. There are not many books these days that grip you from the start, but this did. Also, along with the drama, the laughter there was sadness and I have to confess to shedding a tear or two. Please do yourself a favour as a self-respecting lesbian and read Jericho and Aftermath. You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good one, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Aftermath (Kindle Edition)
More tales about the lives, loves and tribulations of those endearing residents of Jericho. Ms McMan's humorous rendition of events is not to be missed, as we revisit Syd, Maddie,David, Roma Jean et al..Once again I found it hard to put her story down and I hope that there will be more to come, as the tale is obviously not over yet. But beware! You really need to have read the novel "Jericho" first. Bravo, Ms McMann.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome,gripping read!!!, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Aftermath (Kindle Edition)
Ann McMan has written yet another amazing book. If you haven't read Jericho first read it before Aftermath, and you will find yourself hooked from the start & not be able to put it down! Aftermath was well worth the wait!! Hoping for the story to continue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please be quick with the next instalment, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Aftermath (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, I hope it becomes a massive series, and I love the book Jericho before it, I can not wait to drop in on Jericho again soon..
Ann tells a great story, I love this whole town.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and sweet, 3 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars very good follow up, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Aftermath (Kindle Edition)
loved this. definitely worth reading in series order as the characters are growing and the earlier plot has set them up.

her characters are both daft and funny, but human and lovable. plot is silly, but who cares. and she does love a sudden ending!

is it just me BTW or is David a Mouse clone?

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Aftermath (Kindle Edition)
Read the series in order and you will not be disappointed. Brilliant mix of personalities makes this a read over and over again favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT escapism reading at its best, 24 Feb 2013
Victoria A. Hall "Ziggy66" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aftermath (Kindle Edition)
Loved this follow on book after Jerico. As a late bloomer myself having books to read that include believable `real` lesbian characters is so refreshing. THANK You

Aftermath