5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically clear
I own a couple of businesses but had always left the accounting stuff to my accountants. That's OK up to a point but when you begin to understand the importance of the "numbers" in your business, you cannot, with good conscience, leave it entirely in the hands of others. Whether you like it or not (and I don't), accounts are vital to showing a business what is going...
Published on 16 Oct 2009 by jakeone

3.0 out of 5 stars As the title says - Simple
I bought this book prior to attending an executive course at a business school and read it prior to and during the course. The language is simple as are the scenarios and helped me understand the principles of accounts. Those that hadn't read it were on the back foot from day 1.
Published 10 months ago by Jennifer Armstrong

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introductory choice, 5 Sep 2013
G. Jones (Seville, Spain) - See all my reviews
I bought this when I first started working for myself. It is great for people who, like me, don't have the first idea about accounting and have a real need to understand the basics. I can now create my own balance sheet and understand accounting terminology. It is also designed in such a way that you can dip in and out of it easily, when you need it for reference. I really like the glossary at the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the claim of its title, 29 Feb 2012
Accounts Demystified will be very useful for beginners (Section 1, especially) or for those who have some knowledge of accounts and want to learn to interpret and analyse them more effectively (Sections 2 & 3).

I found the explanation of the rather confusing conventions of double entry bookkeeping particularly clear and helpful.

Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just guessing, 8 Aug 2011
I was looking for an book that would make accounts simple and understandable. I read extracts from several books and decided to give this one a go as I appreciated the writing style and gentle humour. I haven't seen it since I unwrapped as my partner has been using it to help him 'demystify accounts' for his business students. I'm guessing from his reaction to it that it's well worth the money and have therefore given it the full 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accounts made easy.., 21 Dec 2010
I wanted a book that just gave me the fundamental basics. This book did it...and also gave me a little more than I thought I needed - phew, thank heavens. A sensible investment. Thanks Anthony Rice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 12 Oct 2010
S. Sen (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Wonderfully clear. Would recommend to anyway. Introduces material in small chunks so it's
pretty light reading but I found that I was through the book in no time. It even has a section
on creative accounting, so that you as an investor know what things to look out for when
checking over the figures!

3.0 out of 5 stars As the title says - Simple, 3 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book you are looking for!, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Accounts Demystified: The Astonishingly Simple Guide To Accounting (Kindle Edition)
If you want to understand what accounts are telling you and how to interpret them but really don't get the whole subject, this is the book for you. Anthony goes right back to the principles which once you understand, allow you to make sense of accounts. He does it in a sort of narrative where a fictional expert is teaching 2 folks about accounts. They interject with precisely the question you are probably thinking at that moment and is extremely helpful. Anthony totally understands what it is that people don't get about accounts and shows you how to get it. Written in a clear and warm way too. Exactly what I wanted as a small business owner - Fantastic

To the person who left the 1 star review - you should really read the description of the book before buying it rather than giving it a 1 star review after you've bought the wrong thing. It's about understanding accounts not a bookkeeping how-to and that is abundantly clear in the description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutley brilliant book, 6 April 2013
Just starting a buisness and really wanted to understand what buisness finance/accounting is really all about.
I had read other sources to try and learn what I could but it still wasnt clear to me. Im definatley not a numbers/maths type person but I want to at least understand the theory even if it wont be me that does the actuel accounting work

Within 10 pages of starting this book it was like a light coming on and I suddenly had a lot of my questions answered and a clear picture forming in my mind of what buisness finance, investors, bank lending, capital etc etc is all about and how it is fits together.

great book, cant recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow I Understand it now!, 19 Jan 2013
I am currently studying financial accounting with the OU and was struggling to understand it fully! I purchased this book yesterday, it arrived at 7.45am (thanks Amazon Prime!)and I am currently at chapter 6. It's really well written and has helped me understand parts that I was stuggling to 'get my head around' before. I will be recommending this book to other students on this course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 31 Dec 2012
Outstanding introduction to the basics, with a fascinating worked example of how all is not as it seems. Very readable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›