5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beaten as a 'go to' reference
After many years of informal coaching and buying coaching books, I recently started studying for a Coaching qualification, and this book was provided as a reference text. Let's just say I wish I'd invested in this book from the start, rather than spending 79p on many texts which haven't really hit the mark!

The book is very clear and goes through the whole...
Published on 25 Jun 2012 by Julie B

3.0 out of 5 stars Well structured and pragmatic guide to coaching
Published 7 months ago by A. Jones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beaten as a 'go to' reference, 25 Jun 2012

The book is very clear and goes through the whole process of coaching with a clarity which allows it to act as a great 'go to' reference if you just want to check something before or after a session. Effectively it is a handbook on 'how to coach' and the word ' coaching manual' fits it perfectly.If you are looking for a book that goes through the process of coaching and effectively how to do it, then this is the one for you. It's written in a friendly and approachable way, aimed at giving the reader the confidence to coach fantastically. The layout of the book is attractive and the chapter breakdown makes it very readable - I devoured it on the first sitting as it just tempts you to read more and more.

Lots of great tips and pratical exercises to try - these are set out from the main text so easy to see. Also, small thing but love the fold out cover which acts as a bookmark - really clever idea!!

Julie Starr is someone who has gone out there and become a coach - an inspirational book from an inspirational lady, who has ignited my inspiration to keep moving towards what I love!

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent aid, 7 Feb 2012
This is an excellent aid to both the principles of coaching and the processes, particularly for a new coach.
I found it both easy to read and full of practical tips/exercises that develop your own coaching skills as well as helping your clients to identify and achieve their goals

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read, 20 Oct 2011
I found this book very easy to read and take in. her writing is informative and clear. This is an ideal book to learn what it says in the title, however what it doesn't have is a description of different models used which is what I needed to research. It was worth buying though to learn about the process of coaching.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent practical guide for aspiring and established coaches, 20 Aug 2012
Although I bought Julie Starr's book several years ago, I have only been using it in earnest over the past year or so as I was studying for an advanced diploma in leadership and performance coaching. it has been an invaluable resource and ongoing point of reference as I develop my own practice and approach as a coach.

An accessible guide to the coaching process, the principles and practices of the effective coach and the philosophy underpinning the coaching approach, I would highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in coaching for effect and impact.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Coaching manual, 28 Nov 2012
A must for coaches: excellent guided information to reflect on your coaching practise, invaluable in setting up your coaching practise. Am using it regularly. The models in the book are very helpful also for clients to understand different processes that can come up within coaching. Highly recommended! It was on my reading list for a Post Graduate in Business and Personal Coaching

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviews of Julie Starr's earlier edition of this book, 30 Dec 2010
Karen Daly (East Devon) - See all my reviews
I am glad I chose this book when I wanted to know more about what coaching is and how to go about it. There are 24 reviews of the earlier (17 October 2002) edition, which may be helpful to anyone considering buying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 25 May 2011
I found this book easy to read - interesting and relevant. It was thought provoking and has helped me to see my way forward with regards to my Life Coaching Career. I will read it again a few times to absorb all of the information and advice contained in the book. I know it will help me be a better coach - so thank you for that!
Cheryl

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 27 Jan 2014
A very good text book - one that isn't full of salesman's nonsense - and the only one that seems reliable, at the moment, on the market.
I don't usually recommend books very easily, however I do for this one. Any good, decent practitioner would use it - if not all, then a good part of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well structured and pragmatic guide to coaching, 6 Jan 2014
A. Jones (South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Coaching Manual: The Definitive Guide to The Process, Principles and Skills of Personal Coaching (Kindle Edition)
This offers a clear and well structured guide to the coaching process. It starts off explaining the need for directive coaching and the value of Incisive Questions. It includes a number of frameworks and structures to help you think about the coaching process. I came away with a good view of how to set up a session and a coaching programme. I did find it a little dry and a lot less inspiring than other books I have read in the field but a reliable primer nonetheless

5.0 out of 5 stars The Coaching Manual: the Definitive Guide to the Process, Principles and Skills of Personal Coaching, 29 Oct 2012
A great resource for coaches, would be coaches and anyone else who is trying to change. In addition to the text there are useful links to the website where you can access free resources too. A great buy and a title I'm likely to dip in and out of for a long time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›