4.0 out of 5 stars A good and under rated product
I bought this one with the touch keyboard about 6 months ago and I feel that I'm now ready to review it properly. I won't create my review based on the specs of the device itself, which you may find anywhere, instead I will give you my personal thoughts about the tablet and my personal feelings about it. That being said I'll try to make it as short as possible...
Published 14 months ago by Joćo

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchased this in store a year ago
I purchased this because being the greedy person I am 'I want a tablet & a laptop'

The overall feel of the tablet is quite bulky, its not as lightweight & delicate as I expected it to be.

As a device for 'play' it has decent apps but nothing special, I mean c'mon how can a device not have candy crush on it!? It sometimes just freaks out & becomes...
Published 13 months ago by Iram Bee

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant combination of tablet and pc functions, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
I bought this after my old laptop died, looking for something with tablet touchscreen and aps and portability but with the stronger memory and Microsoft office programs of a laptop. the surface meets the criteria. I'm not expert but it suits my needs. Quite heavy and bigger than most tablets which is good for screen size but less handbag friendly. It would have been nice if the edges had been more smooth in design for better handling and the main external material gets very sweaty when held. Needs a case. Being the size and design it is, its quite difficult to find cases on the market to fit it though. The keyboard is strange to get used to, and an unusual tactile material, but the screen width makes the touch screen keyboard very easy to use. There are newer models which I'm sure are better but this one is great for the price. Would recommend to windows lovers.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really excellent tablet and good value for money., 2 Mar. 2014
Maxwell Wild - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
I bought the original Surface RT with Touch keyboard in December when there were good deals following the release of version 2.
I have not regretted it for a minute. Although Microsoft has still some work to do, the way my Lumia phone, tablet and Windows 8.1 PC keep in sync with files saved to OneDrive (was SkyDrive) is amazingly convenient.
There has been a lot of fuss about fewer apps than on Apple or Android but this is now largely in the past - except for the BBC!!. The other area for improvement is the duplication of contacts across all the platforms including Skype. This does work but, particularly Skype, needs to be tidied into one same database.
The big USP is value for money. The others cannot get close.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great but major Flaws, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
This is a great device from Microsoft, although there are a few issues, which Microsoft don't seem to be willing to fix.

All surface devices do not support Silverlight, which is a Microsoft programme. This means you cant run a number of video applications, with one of them being Lovefilm. Why you cant run a popular MICROSOFT program is not clear.

There is also a lack of apps, nowhere near as many as Apple or Android. There is also no Lovefilm (Amazon Instant) app, so you can stream anything from that service.

The good points are large tablet screen, attachable (via magnet) keyboard and Microsoft Office as standard.

If Microsoft listen to customers and fix the issues, then this could be better than the Ipad, but for now Ipad is still the best tablet around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
Great bit of kit especially as it has a USB slot windows shop isn't to bad either a very good alternative to an ipad just as high quality but its the usb slot that comes in so handy. Windows 8.1 is a very good once you get to grips with it but you can also go to a traditinal desktop view if you wish.

I was worried that the windows shop was going to be barren it's not there's a fair amount in there. I orignaly got this to replace my laptop after it died glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 24 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
I love my surface tablet! It's easy to use and everything is very smooth. Nearly all of your day to days apps are there so you do not have to worry about not having enough apps. Some people complain it's hard to use which I partially agree but you will soon(I would say spent 30 mins just to see where everything is) get used to it. It's like your first time using a smartphone, you had no idea where everything is but you soon got the hang of it, it's exactly the same thing. There is also a desktop which you will be familiar with so no worries.

The new internet explorer is very smooth and looks fab! but you can choose other web browsers if you want but I do have to say give it a go! it's very good! Many of my friends have surface so that is why I bought it but also I do really like it!

The ports are nice edition to the surface.

In conclusion, just because something is different and you do not have any idea how to use it you give up? If you encounter a problem, fix it, search for answers! Not very difficult.

Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars I would not recommend the Surface for teenagers as it does not have ..., 10 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
I have had my RT for just under 2 years and have found it suits my needs. I am an author and write from various places and at various times. Having access to Microsoft cloud makes my life a lot easier. The RT is not for people who are looking for gimmicks. It is purely a work machine, and satisfies all those requirements associated with the business world. I would not recommend the Surface for teenagers as it does not have access to the myriad of apps they all seem to seek. There is a clean up function which needs to be used every so often, and I would clear the Internet sites as often as possible, they tend to clog up the machine. I have found the RT a useful tool to be used daily. I would suggest you buy the Blue Tooth keyboard as it works just as well as the Microsoft clip on and is a fraction of the price. This machine is not a game player, even though it has connectivity to the Xbox. I have given it 4 stars, because it does what it is supposed to do. Should I have the money I would go for a larger model, but until then this cannot be beaten

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good system ... for the short term, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
I bought this within the first month it was available. This is fab for travelling on the tube, flying coach, and whipping out whilst in a gallery looking at the pictures or in a restaurant chatting over dinner. It's tiny and super light. It fits well on the "table" that flips out on the plane even when the dude in front of you has it lounged back to the max the whole flight long. Because it's small and thin it's handy in a purse instead of having to lug along yet another bag with the laptop in it.

What it lacks is access to a whole host of robust programmes that I need for my dayjob. It only runs a pre-approved subset of Windows programmes and so specialist programmes for businesses and arts won't be downloadable. For things like quick access to my run of the mill work programmes (word, excel, outlook), it is awesome to not have to lug the mega laptop. I keep my personal diary and schedule on it.

It broke twice and they fixed it both times free of charge. The first time I broke it within two weeks of buying it. The second time it was the charger that stopped charging.

When travelling, I now bring the laptop for use in my hotel room and the Surface for my out and about town stuff. The best thing about this is if one stops working the other one has everything all backed up and up to date on OneDrive.I do a master save once a week to an outside harddrive just in case OneDrive ever dies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surface RT, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
This is an excellent machine and one that I can't recommend highly enough. It sets up in minutes with the minimum of fuss. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Surface., 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
Probably one of the best Tablets i have seen and worked on. Very very easy to use and is pretty good on games too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surface is an excellent consumer device, 12 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
Anyone looking for a premium tablet to use as a consumer device should get one of these. Windows RT provides an excellent user experience and the materials and build quality of the tablet are unmatched. If you're looking for a workhorse then go for the Pro version where you can run all your desktop Windows apps.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›