5.0 out of 5 stars Surpassed expectations
I was a little bit nervous having read other reviews and so, on receiving the item, I had to check that I had not been sent an official Apple product by mistake.

It really is that good - and not just good for the money but in terms of absolute quality and design.

Published 13 months ago by G. Davies

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely case, absolute failure of stand
It's one of the nicest cases I've come across at this price point. Perfectly fitting, not adding much bulk. However, the stand just collapses constantly. It can't even hold up the mini for a second. Absolute fail.
Published 16 months ago by aa17

5.0 out of 5 stars Surpassed expectations, 17 Mar. 2014
G. Davies (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: KHOMO iPad Mini / iPad Mini Retina / iPad Mini 3 Case - DUAL BLUE Super Slim Cover with Rubberized back and Smart Feature (Built-in magnet for sleep / wake feature) For Apple iPad MINI 1 / 2 / 3 Tablet (Accessory)

The case fits the first generation iPad Mini snugly with the plastic outer rim of the case protecting all sides of the iPad from knocks and impact.

The click in mechanism did make me wince a little because I didn't want to scratch the sides of the iPad through the very tight fit. I have removed the iPad from the case on two occasions - SIM card issues - and I've noticed that there is no scratch damage to the iPad.

The closure mechanism is very good. There's a strong magnetic closure force that does keep the cover closed. This also triggers the "smart case" closure mechanism in the iPad perfectly.

The case is easy to wipe clean with a tissue or a slightly damp cloth. I've had to do this on a couple of occasions following child induced chocolate stains. The case is definitely easy to clean and easier to clean because it is smooth plastic than a leather case would be.

The dye is a good quality even colour and speaks of a premium product. A number of people have asked me where I bought it from and have been surprised at the low price.

The base of the case is solid plastic and provides good protection against scratch damage.

There's no foam or shock absorbing padding around the sides of the case but, then again, the official Apple product doesn't feature this either.

The cut outs for the buttons and the back camera are perfectly cited.

The stand function of the case works well and is more than rigid enough to support the weight of the iPad Mini. The front cover of the case goes back in to shape easily and there is no distortion to the bend mechanism from using the case as a stand.

There is though a very slight 1mm or so lift between the flap nearest to the hinge and the screen when the cover is closed: the flap nearest to the hinge stands proud by about 1mm. I mention this because other reviews have commented on it but, really, it is not a problem at all.

I just hope the item doesn't get too many positive reviews because Khomo is in any case justified in raising the price!

Seriously, this is a great item and it really does make it unjustifiable to spend so much money on the genuine Apple product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 1 Dec. 2013
Very pleased with the case. Good quality & fits iPad perfectly.good value for money & equally good as more expensive rivals.

5.0 out of 5 stars So after much searching I decided to go for the Khomo case as it looked most like the official product, 24 Nov. 2014
After purchasing my ipad air 2, I didn't really want to shell out for a case three times the price, just becasue it has an apple logo.
So after much searching I decided to go for the Khomo case as it looked most like the official product. It was slightly more expensive then other cases for sale, but I'm glad I chose this one.
The build quality is first class, it fits the ipad perfectly, and although it adds substantial weight to the ipad, it feels like it's doing it's job protecting it!
It has a completely smooth back (something others don't as they have inserts etc) and compared to the apple one, there's not a lot of difference, apart from the lack of a logo and the cut out for buttons (rather than actual buttons)

If you're after a good case and you want it to look and feel like the proper one, this is the case as far as I'm concenered!

The iPad Air weighs 437g
The case weighs 163g
So combined 600g

It's not exactly heav,y but you notice the difference, as you would with any case!

Thanks Khomo :)

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad air case, 28 Dec. 2013
Best case for the money. I was specifically looking for a case that covered the entire iPad and didn't leave the sides or top open to be scratched by anything else in my bag. This case has definitely fulfilled its purpose and I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Khomo v Invasion? - no contest Khomo hands down., 10 Jan. 2015
Had a Invision case ( same price) for my iPad1, and very good it was. Now 6 months later, it looks a bit tatty. So I bought this Khomo case as a replacement. It's lighter, better build, a better fit and works better as a stand. Amazingly its 33% lighter. I await to access it's longevity. Terrific value.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... to change your case a lot then I wouldn't recommend it. Once on it looks very similar to ..., 26 July 2014
If you're one that wants to change your case a lot then I wouldn't recommend it. Once on it looks very similar to the apple smart covers and is very hard to get off, for me it's good because I feel it's going to protect it should it fall. Overall very good price and quality. Would definitely buy again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lovely case, absolute failure of stand, 11 Dec. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 26 Oct. 2013
This is brilliant just what I was looking for ! It covers all edges and corners of my iPad protecting it from scuffs and scratches and the cut outs for the speakers and volume controls etc are perfect . The price is very good, this does not feel like a £10 item! Couldn't recommend this product enough !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 10 Jan. 2014
I was looking for a long time to find a suitable case for my new iPad Air, after hours of searching I found the KHOMO range, after reading all the reviews I decided to purchase and very happy that I did. The case fits the Air perfectly with all cuts outs for speakers etc in the perfect positions. The magnet holds the cover well and it's works really well as a stand in both aspects. The case is very slim and does not add much weight to your device what's so ever. All in all for £18 a third of the price of an officially Apple case I am very impressed and would recommend this to anyone looking for slimline case :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super choice for an ipad air 2, 17 Feb. 2015
I am really pleased with this cover. I have tried a few alternate cases all of which added a fair bit of bulk to my ipad air 2... which sort of defeated the point of buying an air 2. This case on the other hand is really light and super thin which is the perfect accompaniment. I guess the trade off its that this case will offer less protection in the event of a big drop... but you cannot have everything.

Smart case works well and all off the cutouts are in the right place. Ipad fit is very snug. Some other manufactures do have a better range of designs for the covers, but the lime green was fine.

Would happily recommend to my friends, and would probably buy another if more cover designs are made available.