on 6 May 2013
Very addictive but makes te Sims3 more exciting with added features, new things to buy and the excitement of changing weather.
on 25 March 2013
This expansion is really great, it changes the gameplay and affects the game in way that give new life to each neighbourhood. Having the seasons change through the year really gives you a sense of time that was missing in the sims before now. Totally recommend it.
on 31 January 2013
I have quite a few of the expansion packs and loved the seasons for Sims 2 so couldnt wait to get my hands on this. The extras are good and the seasons rotating is good too, but since adding this expansion pack I've had my game just crash on me, I've had error code 12 which means you can't save your progress and as I have the Pets expansion pack too I often get pets that just go invisible and I have to kill them off. To be honest, if I hadn't paid so much for this I would be considering removing it.

I would think about buying this is your Sims 3 hardcore but be aware of the issues and save often to avoid errors.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 February 2014
When will EA/Maxis realise that most simmers want this EP as part of the base game? This expansion has given me the most enjoyment out of all of them. I love this EP, though admittedly it does rain like the Sims all live with me here in Ireland, constantly. You wouldn't regret buying this EP. This EP introduces online dating, though the sims available on it will make you question EAs logic as several, if not all, of them will be married, very old or both. This EP also introduced the ability to send and receive love letters, gifts from other sims in your town by post, snowmen, snow angels, igloos, apple bobbing, skating, snowboarding...a multitude of seasonal sports and activities will take place at the local park which is automatically updated to become festival grounds. Each season has it's own festival associated with it and like any good gardener, your ability to garden now depends on the seasons. If it's fall or winter, your plants will go dormant and you will be unable to harvest them, giving gardeners a break, unless your sim is a gardener by trade, it then cuts into their livelihood.

On the gripe side, to be fair, the constant use of the smart phone to answer calls for dates gets tiring really fast. Despite removing your online profile from the online dating site, married sims, sims on their deathbed and sims your sim may have babysat when they were a toddler, will all be calling your sim for a date if your friendship level is high enough for it. Then there is also the crashing bug. The crashing bug began occurring after the installation of Seasons and has to do with holiday house lights and snow. If you build a second storey onto your home during winter, with holiday house lights on, there is a chance your game will crash. This aside however, crashing is not a big problem with this EP if your system can handle it. Don't listen to the system requirements on the box, make sure you go to the Wiki or Mod the Sims to check the system requirements for this pack if you're installing it with additional EPs as the original requirements always increase based on your EP number.
on 29 December 2012
I got this for my mum for Christmas and it is AWESOME she has had Storms and sun and wind and now her sims spontaneously combust if they get to hot or turn in to ice cubes if they get tooo cold wicked fun
on 24 March 2013
Normally in the Sims 3 each expansion pack they bring out has some glitches but this one has none. It's made the sims even more realistic and there are so many new family (or not) things to do. For example you could build a snowman, go to a fun-fare, play football (finally!) or just relax on a floaty bed in the sea (Yes thats right I said sea). This one was very quick to come and came nicely packaged. I would recommend this to any Sims fan!
on 27 May 2013
I was looking for a new element to The Sims to get me back into playing. So glad that I chose this. It's fun and adds extra bits and pieces that really do keep you playing. Even the simple things get me, like the moodlets for being too hot or cold and seeing how far I can push my sims until the weather really takes its toll. Just the other day it was hailing in real life. I had played The Sims 3 Seasons through their summer month and it hailed. Being a Brit, those sims sat outside on a sun lounger, in swimwear while it hailed on their not so great parade.

The only criticism I have so far is that, like most of the Sims expansion packs the coding is a little iffy. There seems to be some pretty rough memory leaks. My machine far exceeds the requirements (6 x 3.2GHz core processor, 8GB RAM plus NVIDIA 480GTX graphics card) yet after half an hour of playing it slows to a bit of a crawl, even the fast-forward option doesn't make a difference. Selecting that, the time goes forward at the same pace as 'real-time', the sims move at a normal pace but the trees/plants outside move quicker. Hopefully, EA will release a patch to fix these day.
on 3 May 2013
The game came in a a bubble wrapped envelope and was perfectly sealed. The games runs perfectly, I couldn't ask for more! Very happy :)
on 3 May 2013
Although the Sims 3 Seasons is a great addition to the game, its also highly annoying sometimes.
1 - Rain. Yes, i know you can turn it off, but that's like buying a loaf of bread and only eating 3 quarters of it. You can buy the Sims umbrella's which solve this problem.... Or does it? No, it doesn't, they do not use the umbrella half the time unless you make them, and even when you do, they get wet... like the umbrella they're holding isn't even there or something? Might be just a glitch, but it is a highly annoying one at that.
2 - Snow. Again, a feature you can turn off, i know, but it defeats the object of buying a seasons pack if you're gonna turn half of the seasons off. The snow is ridiculous, throughout the whole winter season any children you have will have repeated 'Snow Days' (Days off School due to the heavy snow), it gets boring and paying for a babysitter is also annoying as im not a cheater and i don't use cheat codes, therefore the money that i use for the babysitter comes out of my sims hard earned wages! Plus the stupid babysitter's don't know what they're doing half the time! They move things in your house, and ignore your children...
3 - The whole 'Too Hot', 'Too Cold' moodlets. Its a pain in the a**e, these sims are the biggest moaners of all time, and its not the easiest thing to fix, if they're too cold, you'd make the mistake of thinking that making them walk into a building or something would warm them back up, no, they need a fireplace to warm back up. I don't have a fireplace in my home and neither do a lot of other Sims in the game, So warming them up is impossible and you have to just put up with the bad mood that comes from them being too cold.
Too Hot, comes with the same issue as rain, you can buy a parasol, just like you can buy an umbrella whens its raining, but the sims wont use it! And when they do use it, the game doesn't even register that they are using it!

Overall, this game comes with more bad points than it does good. Unfortunately in the end i did have to disable both rain and snow, which is a shame as i liked making them build igloo's and have campouts etc, but the issues that came with it was just too much. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone who isn't VERY patient.
on 21 February 2013
This is great addition to the Sims 3, weather makes the game so much more realistic, when the sims are holding up their umbrellas from the rain, going out in their winter coats when it snows, get sunburnt at the beach, building snowmen, etc.

The festival for each season is wonderful, there are lots of activities to do for all ages, and collecting festival tickets for prizes is fun.

I like the little additions to the game, like the online dating, that is super fun, and the fact that married sims finally get wedding anniversaries, I think it's sweet!

The only thing that annoys me is the fact that the sims get a day off in each season for the holiday, I have had to extend my sims like because I can never be in work for more than 3 days in a row any more, and child/teenage sims can't get past a grade B in school because of all the snow days, just little things like that annoy me, but it's not really an issue.

Very good expansion, can't wait for the next one!