5.0 out of 5 stars For any red wine or chocolate lover! Preferably both!
Being quite a fan of both chocolate and red wine, I thought I'd give this a go after seeing just how many 5* reviews it had. How glad I am!!

Published 20 months ago by Jeffroz

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Forest Gateau Liquer
I expected this to taste a lot more like a wine but tbh its more like a liquer or a shot drink. Price doesn't really justify the quality. I would rather just buy a nice bottle of port and eat a chocolate bar with it.
Published 1 month ago by Pyro Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars For any red wine or chocolate lover! Preferably both!, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Grocery)

I took a bottle with me for an after-dinner drink with the family after a sunday roast. It went down an absolute treat. The closest thing I can compare it to is Baileys, but I personally prefer it to Baileys. It is a really deep chocolate flavour, not too sweet, and is perfect at room temperature. It says it can be tried with a glass and ice but it was gone before we could experiment. We had it in double shot glasses and I'd say that is the perfect amount. You don't drink the same amount you would red wine as it would get sickly.

Also at only just over £10 it makes a perfect present for just about anyone. Given a couple as gifts and the praise back is always overwhelming with them buying some more themselves.

Overall, I strongly recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a wine lover but loved this., 12 Feb 2013
C. J. Jones "cjones" (london) - See all my reviews
I do not drink but when I saw this no offer I thought I would take a punt. This is very nice for my taste buds and the chocolate taste you get at he end of it and the lovely warming feeling running down you. Gave some to some colleagues at work and most really liked it. Not like a Baileys or Kahlua more of a Liquer.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 28 Dec 2012
Took a bottle each to mine and the inlaws family Christmas and it was loved by all. Smooth and fruity. Best description is that it tastes like black forest gateau. Lovely. I will be getting more.

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this in your life, 14 Dec 2014
Words can barely describe just how fantastic this stuff is, and in my 30 years on the planet never have I put something quite so delicious in my face. Move over mulled wine and eggnog, this stuff is pure Christmas in a glass.

If you like wine or chocolate, both or neither, it doesn't matter. There is simply no way any sane human can not enjoy this.

The only down side is that it's quite rich, and gets a bit sickly by the end of your second pint. I guess one more down side is that drinking by said pint prompts judgement from friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 27 Feb 2013
Really enjoying this wine. It tastes a bit like a good port with a strong chocolate aroma and taste. Absolutely delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like chocolate mixed with port!, 1 Dec 2014
This is what all chocolate wine should taste like!

Think of a tawny port infused with a rich chocolate finish. I've tried several other chocolate wines and none of them get close to Rubis!

5.0 out of 5 stars Choctastic!, 18 Dec 2012
I came across this chocolate wine in the good food show last year. After trying many other brands, I wholeheartedly recommend Rubis.

Velvety smooth and not too sweet that it's sickly. Chocolate taste comes through without being overpowering. Perfect drink for the festive season and any other time for that matter.

Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Have previously tried so know this is wonderful wine and makes a great gift, 30 Nov 2014
Have previously tried so know this is wonderful wine and makes a great gift. Was very disappointed however, to find that bottles, in this instance, did not come in boxes, as shown. Have now been assured by retailer that this was an oversight and that boxes are being dispatched, brilliant! Great Xmas gift for wine/chocolate lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars tastes wonderful and the boxes they come in are very nicely ..., 10 Dec 2014
Got these on flash deal and well worth the money, tastes wonderful and the boxes they come in are very nicely presented. I'm going to buy more at normal price as these would make ideal gifts for any wine lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes amazing, 20 Jun 2014
Tastes absolutely amazing, what could be better than red wine and chocolate mixed together?! Didn't find too sweet at all, just right