5.0 out of 5 stars wow!
Took a bottle each to mine and the inlaws family Christmas and it was loved by all. Smooth and fruity. Best description is that it tastes like black forest gateau. Lovely. I will be getting more.
Published on 28 Dec. 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Forest Gateau Liquer
I expected this to taste a lot more like a wine but tbh its more like a liquer or a shot drink. Price doesn't really justify the quality. I would rather just buy a nice bottle of port and eat a chocolate bar with it.
Published 7 months ago by Pyro Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 28 Dec. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A Heavenly Chocolate Dessert Wine, 13 Jun. 2015
Bill (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Wine)
This is a very naughty, but exquisite, after-dinner drink, and makes an interesting alternative to a glass of port. It's a rich, full-bodied red wine, made with the Tempranillo grape, and flavoured with a velvety, dark chocolate. The mix of the two is very well judged, the wine doesn't overpower the chocolate, and the chocolate doesn't overwhelm the wine. It's sweet and is likely to please those of us with a sweet tooth. It tastes great with a light dessert, like a sorbet, or if you're a total chocoholic, it's nice with a cooked chocolate pudding. Personally, I like it best drizzled over ice cream, vanilla or chocolate - sheer bliss!
A special treat I like doing for my family, is to give them a high quality vanilla ice cream, covered with a sprinkling of bashed Maltesers, and then drizzled with this wine.
Thank you for reading this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars For any red wine or chocolate lover! Preferably both!, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Wine)
Being quite a fan of both chocolate and red wine, I thought I'd give this a go after seeing just how many 5* reviews it had. How glad I am!!

I took a bottle with me for an after-dinner drink with the family after a sunday roast. It went down an absolute treat. The closest thing I can compare it to is Baileys, but I personally prefer it to Baileys. It is a really deep chocolate flavour, not too sweet, and is perfect at room temperature. It says it can be tried with a glass and ice but it was gone before we could experiment. We had it in double shot glasses and I'd say that is the perfect amount. You don't drink the same amount you would red wine as it would get sickly.

Also at only just over £10 it makes a perfect present for just about anyone. Given a couple as gifts and the praise back is always overwhelming with them buying some more themselves.

Overall, I strongly recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a wine lover but loved this., 12 Feb. 2013
C. J. Jones "cjones" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Wine)
I do not drink but when I saw this no offer I thought I would take a punt. This is very nice for my taste buds and the chocolate taste you get at he end of it and the lovely warming feeling running down you. Gave some to some colleagues at work and most really liked it. Not like a Baileys or Kahlua more of a Liquer.

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this in your life, 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Wine)
Words can barely describe just how fantastic this stuff is, and in my 30 years on the planet never have I put something quite so delicious in my face. Move over mulled wine and eggnog, this stuff is pure Christmas in a glass.

If you like wine or chocolate, both or neither, it doesn't matter. There is simply no way any sane human can not enjoy this.

The only down side is that it's quite rich, and gets a bit sickly by the end of your second pint. I guess one more down side is that drinking by said pint prompts judgement from friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Choctastic!, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Wine)
I came across this chocolate wine in the good food show last year. After trying many other brands, I wholeheartedly recommend Rubis.

Velvety smooth and not too sweet that it's sickly. Chocolate taste comes through without being overpowering. Perfect drink for the festive season and any other time for that matter.

Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Wine)
excellent flavour - very palatable so certainly need more than one bottle. will most definitely be buying more of this

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST BUY, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Wine)
the best chocolate wine .. i wouldnt buy any other . smooth and warming worth the money . its chocolate gateaux in a bottle with a kick

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful wine, 23 Mar. 2014
Amazon Customer (plymouth, devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Wine)
I received a bottle of this wine as a present and loved it so much I had to buy more. Not to be drunk like normal wine. This is more like a liqueur. Tastes best when used over ice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Wine)
Superb presents for chocolate lovers. This is a great wine for oneself and doesn't have to drunk with anything else even a box of chocolate.