5.0 out of 5 stars For any red wine or chocolate lover! Preferably both!
Being quite a fan of both chocolate and red wine, I thought I'd give this a go after seeing just how many 5* reviews it had. How glad I am!!

Published on 21 April 2013 by Jeffroz

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Forest Gateau Liquer
I expected this to taste a lot more like a wine but tbh its more like a liquer or a shot drink. Price doesn't really justify the quality. I would rather just buy a nice bottle of port and eat a chocolate bar with it.
Published 5 months ago by Pyro Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars For any red wine or chocolate lover! Preferably both!, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Rubis Chocolate Wine 50cl Non Vintage (Case of 2) (Grocery)

I took a bottle with me for an after-dinner drink with the family after a sunday roast. It went down an absolute treat. The closest thing I can compare it to is Baileys, but I personally prefer it to Baileys. It is a really deep chocolate flavour, not too sweet, and is perfect at room temperature. It says it can be tried with a glass and ice but it was gone before we could experiment. We had it in double shot glasses and I'd say that is the perfect amount. You don't drink the same amount you would red wine as it would get sickly.

Also at only just over £10 it makes a perfect present for just about anyone. Given a couple as gifts and the praise back is always overwhelming with them buying some more themselves.

Overall, I strongly recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 28 Dec. 2012
Took a bottle each to mine and the inlaws family Christmas and it was loved by all. Smooth and fruity. Best description is that it tastes like black forest gateau. Lovely. I will be getting more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a wine lover but loved this., 12 Feb. 2013
C. J. Jones "cjones" (london) - See all my reviews
I do not drink but when I saw this no offer I thought I would take a punt. This is very nice for my taste buds and the chocolate taste you get at he end of it and the lovely warming feeling running down you. Gave some to some colleagues at work and most really liked it. Not like a Baileys or Kahlua more of a Liquer.

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this in your life, 14 Dec. 2014
Words can barely describe just how fantastic this stuff is, and in my 30 years on the planet never have I put something quite so delicious in my face. Move over mulled wine and eggnog, this stuff is pure Christmas in a glass.

If you like wine or chocolate, both or neither, it doesn't matter. There is simply no way any sane human can not enjoy this.

The only down side is that it's quite rich, and gets a bit sickly by the end of your second pint. I guess one more down side is that drinking by said pint prompts judgement from friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 27 Feb. 2013
Really enjoying this wine. It tastes a bit like a good port with a strong chocolate aroma and taste. Absolutely delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like chocolate mixed with port!, 1 Dec. 2014
This is what all chocolate wine should taste like!

Think of a tawny port infused with a rich chocolate finish. I've tried several other chocolate wines and none of them get close to Rubis!

5.0 out of 5 stars Choctastic!, 18 Dec. 2012
I came across this chocolate wine in the good food show last year. After trying many other brands, I wholeheartedly recommend Rubis.

Velvety smooth and not too sweet that it's sickly. Chocolate taste comes through without being overpowering. Perfect drink for the festive season and any other time for that matter.

Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Have previously tried so know this is wonderful wine and makes a great gift, 30 Nov. 2014
Have previously tried so know this is wonderful wine and makes a great gift. Was very disappointed however, to find that bottles, in this instance, did not come in boxes, as shown. Have now been assured by retailer that this was an oversight and that boxes are being dispatched, brilliant! Great Xmas gift for wine/chocolate lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and Tastes good, 2 Jan. 2015
I give this 5 stars for taste, delivery, packaging, looks and price. I saw this offer on Amazon Daily Deals, but missed out. When it was advertised as cheaper than normal I made the purchase and do not regret it. It arrived really quickly and was very securely packaged. It looks really attractive and I did not want to open the actual boxes at first. The first bottle was not refrigerated, but we added some ice to some of it as I found it very sweet and liquer like. I kept the second bottle in the fridge and it was gone within a week, it was so tasty. Would recommend and would purchase again, not to often as I would probably spend all day drinking it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious., 26 Feb. 2015
This wine is totally amazing and loved by all who try it, however suspicious they may have been initially.
It is beautifully presented and makes a great gift.
They only downside is in its delivery. It cannot be delivered to Collect+ stores and delivery men are under strict instruction not to leave the parcel with neighbours... all of which makes it a real pain if you work/need to go out on a daily basis.
They attempt 3 times and, if unable to deliver, the nearest collection point for me is a 40 minute drive!
So, plan ahead when you order. The reward is worth it :)