Published on 20 Jan 2009 by Mrs. L. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not completely useful
Published on 30 July 2011 by FR_2012

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this book for anyone who is pregnant or planning for a baby, 20 Jan 2009
I received this book as a gift and read it cover to cover when it arrived. It is well written and easy to read and I like the fact it explains exactly why certain foods should be avoided. It also has lots of useful features such as an A-Z guide, which is great for when you are cooking and want to check on a single ingredient, and a section on 'common questions' such as 'What should I do if I've eaten something I shouldn't'.

5.0 out of 5 stars really useful, 2 May 2009
nino (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This is such a useful little book. It cuts through all the rubbish and uncertainty that you hear about nutrition in pregnancy. A really good buy and interesting too.

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice guide to know what you can and you can't eat, 26 Mar 2013
This book is great. You can have information about the nutrients you need and how to get them. Also is very down to earth regarding alcohol, coffee, tobacco and others. No morals just more real information. The greatest is the list of foods that you can consult it to know if it is safe or not to eat and how much you can. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Views of a new mum, 14 Oct 2008
M. Drake "Mary" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This book was so good at putting all the information I needed in one easy to read place. The lists of foods made it easy to find out if I could safely eat them or not, and the explanations were short and logical so I understood what the underlying research was without having to plough through loads of confusing papers and articles. There were useful tips and info about what I should and shouldn't eat, along with information about supplements. I'm still using it now as there is also a section on what to eat whilst breastfeeding. A great buy and so useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 4 Sep 2013
Great book, guiding u not only about the food, but about what to do before conception, during pregnancy, health issues and warning signs during pregnancy and more. Very useful for anyone who plans pregnancy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not completely useful, 30 July 2011
This book is good, absolutely. But the first few chapters are quite repetitive of a lot of info you get in books like What to Expect. The main thing that is different about this book is the A-Z list of what you can and cannot eat. But this list is far too short and many times what I was looking for wasn't on the list. And the author also takes a maybe stance on a lot of things, giving info so you can make up your own mind.

If the A-Z list was twice as long as it is, I would recommend this book but as it is I wouldn't recommend it to a friend or buy it again myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book, would recommend, 31 Jan 2010
H S W (York, England) - See all my reviews
I thought this little book was excellent. When I was feeling down about what I could & couldn't eat early in the pregnancy and getting mixed messages from the internet and friends, family & colleagues it helped give me confidence that what I was eating was fine. It was my piece of re-assurance and a great reference guide. I would definately recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good - easy to read and remember, 8 Mar 2014
S. Hammerton - See all my reviews
Out of all the books on things you can and can't eat when preggers, i'd reccomend this one. Its not too big so is the kind of book thats not too heavy to read in bed, had lists of things you can and can't eat, not patronising, hints etc for how to eat for conception, and also after birth, and miscarriage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
Helping my step daughter no end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Brilliant really helped me out - used it all the time quick and easy reference point :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›