5.0 out of 5 stars Best body language training book I've read
This was clear, concise and well focussed, enormously informative. Excellent for developing self observation and self awareness in relation to others in our orbit. We're transmitting information all the time, others are receiving it all the time and responding accordingly, insight into this process is invaluable in all situations.
Published 18 months ago by FHC

Published 10 months ago by TabiMachina

5.0 out of 5 stars Best body language training book I've read, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Body Language: How to know what's REALLY being said (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Language of Lies and Love., 19 Nov 2013
A lot of people think they know about body language. They've heard something about mirroring, or they've read an article in a magazine about negative posture or something, and suddenly they're experts and can decipher every action a person makes. But the truth is, most people, even the faux experts, don't know as much as they think they do.

This book tries to bridge that gap--to fill in the holes of knowledge and to explain that not everything can be deduced from a simple arm-cross or shoulder shrug, although they may be significant; if the action doesn't mean anything specifically by itself, clustered with another piece of body language, it can reveal a lot. The book does well at explaining the complexity of pattern observation and clusters. As well as its breakdown of negative and positive body language, and how we can manipulate our own body language, or that of other people, to suit our needs, it also delves into the area of lying and how we can tell if somebody isn't being truthful with us. Again, like body language as a whole, it's not as simple as "he touched his nose; he's lying"--it's more complicated than that, and the book tries to convey this message in a straightforward and simple manner.

Overall it's an interesting read. There may be more comprehensive books on the market regarding body language, but this is the only one I've properly read all the way through, and it contains enough hints and tips that I'd say it was worthwhile.

If you want to master your own body language, or that of a friend or lover, then I'd suggest taking a look at this book, and then maybe do some follow-up research.

That's it.

Now stop crossing your arms--it's defensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 23 Feb 2013
I found it very enlightening and made me aware of myself. I can see now how important body language is and be used in the proper manner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 15 Dec 2013
It is a very good start to the subject, I am now looking to read more and go into more depth but this is a very good introduction.

2.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, you just read and never get to the answer.., 25 Sep 2013
This book only gives a description of what we notice in other people anyway. It does not give explanation to why we act in certain ways, what are the reasons or meaning behind. The lesson about lies is quite enjoyable but to be honest, I don't know any more about how to read body language than I did before reading the book. I believe the author is an expert, but he did not manage to share any of his knowledge in this piece, I am afraid. Definitely not worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Body language, 2 April 2013
Yes a good insight to how people's body can tell u a lot about them, I would def recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 21 Feb 2013
Fantastic read!! Definately opened my eyes to the way we interact!! Highyl recommend this book and the others in the trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 17 Oct 2011
I saw that another revised and updated edition was out soon. i wanted to give it to a scepticalo work colleague who - despite being a film and theatre critic - doesn't read books of this type; even on body language, which is quite relevant to his daily working life (assessing the 'performance of people on stage and screen).

Well - mission accomplished! I read the book first. Great read. Makes you feel very powerful after you've read it from cover to cover. (Good stuff on politics and sport as well - liked the final chapter on 'Likeability' a lot). He's now finished it - he's buying a copy for his sister-in-law for Christmas. Oh - and my 'kudos' has gone up! Well worth the wait.