5.0 out of 5 stars Rihannas best yet?
First off, this album is no LOUD or GOOD GIRL GONE BAD. This is an album with a complex sound, some may even say Rated R:2. A mixture of sounds are combined to make this albium, and perhaps make it Rihannas strongest yet.

Published on 19 Nov. 2012 by Pepper

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing but getting used to it
I only liked the popular hits but am getting more used to the rest of the tracks. Bit too contemporary at times.
Published 22 months ago by Ls Mcdougall

5.0 out of 5 stars Rihannas best yet?, 19 Nov. 2012

The album kicks off with "Phresh off the runway". An urban track with elements of rap. This seems to be a love/hate track with a lot of people, as it is far from rihannas "pop" tracks such as "umbrella". This track is the kind of thing Nicki Minaj would release, and I for one think it suits rihanna too. She experimented and pulled it off in my opinion. 9/10

"Diamonds" is the lead single of the album and also the 2nd track. A beautiful song with meaningful lyrics, and a nice refreshing sound contrasted with the urban tracks. 10/10

Rihanna teams up with Eminem to produce "Numb", and whilst the chorus may seem a bit repetitive (with "I'm going numb" repeated 50 times), the vicals and instrument makes this track strangely addictive, and Eminem even mentions "I love the way you lie girl", referencing their huge hit together. 9/10

"Pour it up" is another "urban" sound, with Rihanna lamenting "all I see is signs, all I see is dollar signs....money on my mind, money money on my mind". Quite a catchy track, can't see it being released as a single though. 8/10

"Loveeee song" is a lot more of a "pop" song, a duet with "future". This is the kind of song that rihanna would have had on 1 of her earlier albums such as "good girl gone bad." A relaxing easy listening song. 8/10

"Jump" is possibly my favourite track in the album, with rihanna experimenting with Dubstep. I had it in my head all day, and it's so different to anything Rihannas put out before. I recommend everyone listen to this track. 10/10

The only real "club banger" follows with "Right now" with David Guetta. This is the obvious second single and will be huge in clubs. Here is a song thats reminiscent of "don't stop the music", and "where have you been" and of course, "whos that chick." 9/10

The album tones down now, with a powerful ballad "What now". You feel the pain in this song and the vocals are strong. I wouldn't be surprised if this was released as a single at some point. 8.5/10

Another beautiful ballad continues with "Stay" which is slightly slower. This is a contender for Rihannas best ballad of all time. She teams with Mikky Ekko to make this track, and again, you can feel the emotion in the vocals. 9/10

"Nobodies business" with Chris Brown is up next. A lot of controversy has been caused by this pairing, but ignoring all that, it's a catchy track and very 80s. 8.5/10

"love without tragedy/mother mary" is the longest song. Love without Tragedy should have been longer, and it's own track in my opinion. If it was it would be one of the best on the album. Mother mary is one of rihannas most personal tracks, although too long. 7.5/10

"Get it over with" is the weakest song on the album. It is a definate filler. Think the album could have done without it, it's very bland and not catchy in the slightest. However it may put you in a calming mood. 5/10

It wouldn't be a rihanna album without a reggae-esque track, and thats exactly what "No love allowed" is. This is the "Man down" of "Unapologetic." Definately one of the best tracks of the album, very catchy and addicting. 10/10

Another brilliant song follows, "Lost in paradise." It is meangingful and catchy at the same time. It has an almost "rock" feel to it. I'd love if this was a single. 10/10

The bonus track "Half of me" does not let the album down. Rihannas real voice is speaking through this song, which makes it so potent. Ends the album off well. 9/10

Overall, I'd recommend everyone try this album out, it may suprise you. There's so many different sounds, I doubt anyone won't find atleast one song they like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who would have thought I was a Rihanna fan?, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Unapologetic (Audio CD)
Who would have thought I was a Rihanna fan? Not me...
Turns out I was wrong. I have a wide taste in music, and brought this album after having heard Diamonds (along with the rest of the world) and Jump in a café somewhere.
I thought I'd give it a try, and was amazed by the fact I like every track - love most of them, and repeatedly play six of them again and again and....
If you've never thought of trying Rihanna before, DO. This is a great place to start.
Who would have thought I was a Rihanna fan? Me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mixture of hits and unknown songs, 3 Aug. 2013
Abby (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unapologetic (Audio CD)
Great mixture of hits and unknown songs. I have all of Rihanna's albums and this is my favorite. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars RiRi is Unnapologetic and it sounds amazing...., 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Unapologetic (Audio CD)
Fast Prompt Delivery by a very good reliable seller. As for the the album its excellent. Unapologetic is a definite move forward in Rihanna's career.The overall album sounds like Rated R Part 2 in terms of a more urban,complicated sound along with RiRi's amazing vocals .Perfect examples of this is No Love Allowed/Pour It Up which are my favorites so far.All in All I give this album 9/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Unapologetic (Audio CD)
I got this album when my mum bought me my Diamonds World Tour tickets, the wait for this album was defo worth it, like it from start to finish, I have all if her albums and they are all equally amazing...I'm not just saying it as a Rihanna fan but I would defo recommend this album to any Rihanna fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Rihanna, 29 Aug. 2013
I love her
Massive fan
Can't wait for her new album
Love her music
Can't believe I missed out on seeing her live
But really wanna meet her and give her a massive hug

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Unapologetic (Audio CD)
another great album from rhianna, fab songs, well worth shopping around for bargains on amazon, especially new music, all conditions have been well worth the cash.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 26 July 2013
The album is more reggae plus dance n RnB. But she has worked to get where she wants in life at her age nice body too. Better on stage than radio lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Rhianna, 24 July 2013
Mrs. Sandra Callear "SANDRA" (HERTFORDSHIRE ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unapologetic (Audio CD)
Wonderful cd makes me feel great wheN I Put n the car one amazing voices tried very quickly and packed very well

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Unapologetic (Audio CD)
It was a perfect birthday present for my brother as its light weight and not bulky. The price was really competative too.