Bought these when moving into a new house to provide tea for the shifters. Very good value for the price considering there are eight mugs. They are quite thick & strong, one was dropped onto a thin carpet and didn't break. Four patterns, one on each of two mugs, and very well made. Came very well packed in a strong box and arrived without any breakages.

Don't know where the other reviewers got the idea that they are fine bone china. They are made by a company called Waterside Fine China, but there is nothing in the description to suggest that these are anything but thick porcelain mugs. I wanted large thick mugs, so these are perfect.
on 6 August 2015
Pretty chuffed with these, I have to say. They weren't that cheap for me as I had to pay for delivery to Greece, but that's fair enough and even with the postage charge they are still reasonable. Yes, I can buy mugs here but not nice, tasteful, attractive mugs like these for this price. Believe me.

(I was delighted, after opening the ripped, smashed box and expecting a thousand mosaic pieces, to find eight mugs in an inner box, VERY well padded and totally intact. Hurrah!)

I'd read various conflicting reviews on these mugs, such as 'they are very heavy', 'they are very light' and also some also rather scathing comments about them looking cheap or being bad quality. They don't look cheap and they are nice quality, with no sharp bits, missed glaze or smudged printing like you sometimes find on 'cheapomugs'.

They actually look exactly like the photo. Chunky mugs, not heavy, very comfortable and lightweight to hold, and not thick around the rim. One of my pet hates is a mug with a thick, clumsy rim, so I was delighted to find these have 'slim rims' just like the picture. Drinks taste so much better somehow with a slim rim... :)

I think eight very pretty but sturdy, robust and practical mugs for about £16 is a bargain, and I am very pleased with them.
on 30 June 2014
I wanted to wait a little while before I reviewed this product. The cups are gorgeous, well designed having ample room for sausage fingers on the handle but there is a flaw. All of the cups insides (the white part) fade, they fade into a greyish black colour after a month or two of being regularly used. For a day to day mug set this is unacceptable so I wouldn't purchase them again but I can understand why others wouldn't care.

The only other note I would add, but this might have just been the set I got is that there were mould lines visible on 2 of the 8 cups.
on 24 May 2014
its fantastic. I love it, I have had these for over 2 months and they are great. the best cups I've ever bought

WOULD RECOMEND
on 17 March 2015
Bought these as a Christmas present for my mother, to go with her new kitchen. Every time I have been home since she has commented that someone new has complimented her on them! It really is a lovely set - durable enough for every day use and pretty enough to impress any special visitors. At such a great price I'm keeping them in my wish list, to buy when I move too!
on 5 March 2015
Great value product. Been using for a few weeks now so been thru dishwasher several times and looking good.
on 19 June 2014
Ok, firstly I think the title of fine bone china is wholly inaccurate. However at £12 for 8 mugs I would have been shocked if they were.

The mugs are large but lightweight and just have that nice
Feeling to touch. This might sound strange but they 'fit' the dishwasher without falling over or requiring to be put in a special spot.

All in all I would purchase again as they are lovely mugs, but not bone china.

If you're looking for a lovely mug this is for you! If you're looking for bone china, you will have to look in a different price bracket.
55 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2014
I liked these but I still get that brown line in the crease at the bottom of the cup. I was hoping that I wouldn't but I do and as much as a brillo pad removes it, I would rather like to buy a set of mugs that last slightly longer than a week.
on 26 April 2014
I love to have a mug of coffee but have problems holding them as they are too heavy - these are perfect for a china mug it is very light and easy to get fingers into handle. GREAT!
on 18 February 2015
Was really pleased to receive these mugs as a gift but a little upset that 3 of the handles came off in the dishwasher ... they had plenty of space so I don't know what happened ...