on 17 May 2013
I have the AED (Advanced English Dictionary) on my last two iphones and quite frankly I wouldn't be without it. This AED version for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 is even better as it was Free and includes the Thesaurus. I have used both extensively and have recommended it many times to family, friends and work colleagues. That's the point with quality items I don't mind sharing and I feel quite happy to recommend them. I know there are many Dictionaries available for all platforms and I'm sure there are many people who feel their particular Dictionary is the best, however I would advise anyone seeking a Dictionary to at least put this on their trial list as I don't think they will need to search any further.
on 23 March 2013
Easy to use. Gives a summarise version of chosen word with more in-depth information if required. Comes with some good additional features good for children.
on 6 June 2013
Very useful edition to my apps. It is always hand to be able to check that you have spelt a word correctly.
on 27 September 2013
contains a wide range of definitions and synonyms with clear explanation. Great for my kindle fire hd and good for everyone
on 9 June 2013
i felt it was not what i was looking for but very basic for anyone after something simple. will prob not use it again
on 31 March 2013
The times I have used it it has given me so much more choice in the variation in words than other dictionaries
on 12 June 2013
This app is so good that I need on surf the web. An Offline dictionary, just the one I wanted. Compact, very quick, and if you do the search for words, learn them you may forget after a while. Go to the History and see all the words you tried to find in dictionary and/or in thesaurus. Very handy, compact, quick and above all precise. Those from Oxford can have this one as a secondary tool for what it offers for 0£. I say thank you to developers.
on 22 May 2013
the thesaurus is weak, but still useful.
dictionary is better but the input screen is too small to read on the go.
on 27 November 2013
Helps me to correct my spellings mistakes and helps greatly with my confidence writing complicated words when not really need ed
on 25 February 2014
Seems to be US rather than UK. Didn't have the first word I looked up. Have deleted and paid for a proper dictionary.