on 30 November 2013
I also own the Belkin Charge stand without the AUX port. But I recently developed tinnitus that would keep me up at night. I needed to listen to something to distract me from the tinnitus without waking my wife up. The other Belkin Charge stand that I own obscures the headphone port at the bottom of the iPhone 5 and so I couldn't use my pillow speaker.

The answer was to get the Belkin Charge with AUX Port. And it's worked out well! Bear in mind, as others have said, that you'll need to use your own Lightning cable and USB charger that came with your iPhone. And now:

* iPhone charges by my bedside!

* I can turn it on its side and watch a movie, or play a restful screensaver!

* I leave my Pillow Speaker plugged into the dock. If I want to listen to music whilst iPhone is docked, this is output to my Pillow Speaker!

* If I set an alarm, it goes off in the morning, playing through the iPhone's speaker!

I'm very pleased.
on 7 February 2013
This a very nice product which not only looks good but works very well, however there are two issues.
1. The stand will only accommodate phones with a moderate thickness case, if your case is quite thick it may not allow the lightning connectors to line up.
2. This is quite expensive for such a simple stand, also Belkin do not supple a charger USB / lightning cable but the Amazon supplier included a non-Apple one with my order ( works fine)
Overall a nice well-made bit of kit.
on 21 February 2013
In order to plug your Ipod/Iphone into the Belkin , you need to use your existing lightning lead . All is fine when you plug your device in , but when you try to remove it , the lead is partially pulled out of the dock . I have glued my lead into the dock and all is fine now . To my mind it should come supplied with an integral captive lead .
on 8 September 2014
Tread carefully here - there are two very similar Belkin docks, one with a built in cable and one without. This becomes important as the with without the cable works very nicely with the Apple leather case for the 5S, whereas the one with the cable does not. The 3.5" headphone port does not fit when the case is on, but can be tucked away.

Apart from the annoying branding, it looks nice on the desk, and weighs enough that you're unlikely to knock it over. The cable is held firmly enough that the device slips nicely on and off the dock, and holds a good connection. If you have the leather case and want a compatible dock this is probably still your best bet.
on 25 October 2013
As you should have realised by now - this is simple a stand for the phone that allows a (sold separate) power cable to feed through the base and and have the phone sit in while it's on the stand. If you're under any impression that this product alone will charge your phone - look elsewhere now!

Given it's simple nature, there's not much that could go wrong with this product - it does what you expect. You've got the choice of having the headphone jack stick into the phone while it's in the dock, and an aux connection at the back to then hook this up an output device (I haven't test that yet - but there's little that could go wrong I suspect).

The stand works perfectly with the office iPhone 5S case - there's plenty of space for the lightning connector to connect. There's also just enough room at the front to active the fingerprint scanner, if you wanted to do so while it's docked.

My primary reason for getting this dock was based on my recent iPhone 5s purchase - the first Apple product I would own with the new lightning connector. Needless to say I've a number of docks/cables/speakers in my house that all use the old connection type - so as a start to renewing all of my gadgetry that the iPhone connects to, I thought I'd start off with a simple stand for my bed side for the phone to rest and charge in. Given that the new phone only comes with one charging cable, I was getting a little fed up carting the one cable around with me when I much prefer having one in my bag at all times, and then the option to plug in where I want at home. So along with my purchase of the stand, I made sure to add a cable in to go with it - given that Amazon don't seem to sell the official apple cable - I went with the suggested add on purchase - Belkin's own 1.2m Lightning Charge and Sync Cable for Apple iPhone 5, 5c, 5s.

You'd think given that the two product come from the same company (and are suggested to be bought together by Amazon) that they'd be a perfect fit for one and other. No such luck!! The head of the lightning connector is too big to fit through the hole in the dock. Personally I wasn't too bothered, given that the office Apple cable that comes with the phone DOES fit - so the Belkin one can become my carry-around one instead.

Just a word of warning if you're buying the two together and don't have any other cables to swap with.
on 2 April 2016
I have been very frustrated by the fact that my non-Apple Lightening to USB cable wouldn't fit - it's slightly too large. Coming back through Birmingham's New St station, I found a Belkin connector. I assumed that would fit - and assistant said I can return if it doesn't work. Guess what... it doesn't! I have just looked at the description of the dock, and it does state it's for the cable that came with the device, and that Belkin's own cable doesn't fit. My iPhone 5S is my son's old one, therefore I don't have the Apple cable - and I do have a useless dock!
Now my complaint is that these facts should be writ large and in bold, and a link provided to this one that has the connector built-in, which I should have bought in the first place, but didn't spot it:Belkin iPhone 5, 5c and 5s Charge and Sync Desktop Dock Charging Cradle with Lightning Connector (MFI Approved) - Aluminium
on 7 June 2013
I bought this dock recently and it works perfectly but with one minor issue... the AUX port attached to the dock doesn't support the in-line remote and, although I haven't tested it yet, I don't think it will support the mic either. I am disappointed about this as, since this dock is designed specifically for the iPhone 5, it seems like a bit of an oversight to render useless some handy functionality that comes with the headphones provided with the phone.

Still, that issue aside it is a good dock and I am still using it.
on 8 April 2014
Looking on the description and reading what was advertised I was a little unsure on what it was exactly I was getting. I was very glad to have just gone for it and purchased this dock,

One thing that I think is bad about this product is that there is no wire included, luckily for me Ihad a spare so this was no problem at all.

Love the fact that you can have audio from this dock, works brilliant, Design is super, Not one bad thing to say about the product, Defiantly worth the money
on 19 April 2014
unless you want to spend £35 on the Hi Rise one then this is the next best thing.

works great with my case.

if you have a case so thick that it does't work with this then why do you need a dock? you've sacrificed the aesthetics already.

I don't see the point of having a beautiful phone and covering with a thick case

only criticism is that you need two hands to use it but I think thats a feature of the lightning cable and the tight grip it has on the phone.
on 29 December 2015
Very good. Its feature of having the aux connector to be able to retract is a good addition. The only problem I have is that only the official apple charging cables tend to fit into the end(The oval part with the lightning connector). This is slightly annoying as my cable doesn't easily reach a plug so it has to connect to a plug gang. However if you want to invest in a longer apple cable that would work fine. Other than that I have not had a problem and it has worked perfectly.