5.0 out of 5 stars Son loved it
My 8 yr old son loves this series of books and has read them all now. Hurry up and write another Jeff !
Published on 8 Dec. 2012 by Joanne Lindsay

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but short.
Bought it for my 12 year old daughter who has been following the series since it started. She really enjoyed it but had finished it in less than an hour...
Published on 2 Jan. 2013 by Pigstick

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loved it, 8 Dec. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids are the future, 4 Dec. 2012
S. Harris - See all my reviews
I think it's great that these humorous books keep children reading in a modern era when there are so many less worthwhile distractions.
Children are our future-and we educate them out of taxation. This is why it saddens me, as a long-standing Amazon customer, to say 'Pay your fair share of txes Amazon.' You know--for the kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, 4 Dec. 2012
Adorable book, very funny, unlike Amazon not paying their taxes properly in the UK.
If you loved the other 6, like I did, you'll be seething because if Amazon paid their fair share the government could afford to put more into education and the arts, meaning more creative authors to enjoy the work of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love that wimpy kid. Bet he pays his taxes, 4 Dec. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars best and worst, 4 Dec. 2012
I've loved all the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books - it's a great series. I would love to buy it here, but until Amazon pays its fair share of UK taxes I'll be heading to my local bookshop instead. It's a shame that Amazon, which is such a great resource for us all, should operate unfairly. If you agree, leave some reviews like this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for children, guaranteed to get them reading, 25 May 2013
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid and the rest of the volumes in the series are a huge hit at the primary school where I am a librarian. They often come up for discussion in our weekly book club and the majority of the children who attend, both boys and girls, read them avidly. I am, on the one hand, delighted about this, as anything that gets children reading for pleasure, and voraciously at that, is a boon. On the other hand I am quite saddened by this, as I personally find them unpleasant and rather pointless. Gregg is a charmless hero who spends his life being humiliated and humiliating others in turn. The humour is mainly derived from children belittling each other and behaving like beasts, and the characters are uniformly unappealing. On the other hand, children lap them up, and who am I to say what is good about children's literature. I am, after all, a forty year old woman, jaded beyond her years.

In this book, the most current at the time of writing, Gregg mostly looks back upon his childhood and the differences between the way he and his older and younger siblings have been brought up. In between he fails to get a date for the Valentine dance and continuously fails to be cool, his greatest ambition in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars love and hate, 4 Dec. 2012
"I really enjoyed this book but I hate the way Amazon reduces its UK taxes. There is wonderful writing here but we all need to shout loud until Amazon pays its fair share. I really enjoyed this author's earlier books and if you did, why don't you log in and leave 10 more reviews like this today. Tell Amazon to sign that cheque or forever lose my respect and the respect, no doubt, of this very fine author."

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book but will buy elsewhere, 4 Dec. 2012
R. Webb (London, England) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book but I hate the way Amazon reduces its UK taxes. We need to shout loud until Amazon pays its fair share. Tell Amazon to sign that cheque or forever lose my respect and my custom. There are other places to buy books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greg and the Valentine's Day Dance, 19 Dec. 2012
Donald Mitchell "Jesus Loves You!" (Thanks for Providing My Reviews over 127,000 Helpful Votes Globally) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
"A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance;" -- Ecclesiastes 3:4 (NKJV)

With a series like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, I'm always skeptical when a new book comes out. That's because the humor is based on satires of some of the most painful and vivid school experiences. Whenever the series runs out of such experiences to write about, the stories become pale imitations of the best early books. In this regard, Jeff Kinney continues to surprise me for the good. He keeps focusing on new aspects of middle school that anyone can relate to. This time the story contains a long series of events leading up to the Valentine's Day dance at Greg's school.

As you can imagine, Greg isn't exactly any girl's idea of a dream date. He also doesn't quite understand how to go about attracting the right kind of attention. It's great awkward fun, of the sort that will make anyone reading the story feel like a social butterfly at that age compared to Greg.

There are also good episodes involving Manny, Roderick, and Uncle Gary.

Although this isn't the best book in the series, it's an excellent one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why doesn't Amazon pay taxes?, 4 Dec. 2012
I really liked this book but I hate the way Amazon refuses to pay its UK taxes. There is wonderful writing here but we all need to protest until Amazon pays its fair share. I really enjoyed this author's earlier books and if you did, why don't you log in and leave 10 more similar reviews today. Tell Amazon to sign that cheque or forever lose my respect and the respect, no doubt, of this very fine author