5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent writing as always
I am already a huge Diane Chamberlain fan so may be biased! Excellent book, entertaining and surprising in parts too. You never know what's coming with Diane and if you guess you're usually wrong!
Published 22 months ago by Kat

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of her best
Published on 22 Jan. 2013 by GenieB

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of her best, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Kiss River (The Keeper of the Light Trilogy - Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Have read most of Diane Chamberlain's books and had not found one yet that I didn't really enjoy, I had looked forward to this one being available since finishing the first of the trilogy "Keeper of the Light". I have got to say that I was a bit disappointed,this is definitely not one her best. The story, although it takes us on from the last book and contains some of the great characters from that one, is not as good as the first and I found it rather tame but that does not stop me looking forward to reading the last one in the trilogy due out later this year.

2.0 out of 5 stars kiss river, 11 Jan. 2013
i have read most of diane chamberlain books and found this very disapointing. the prose was more like mills and boon. story line very predictable

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent writing as always, 17 Jun. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 3 Jun. 2013
I have read Keeper of the Light and this is the superb sequel to this. I love Diane Chamberlain's books. They tell a great story almost like a whodunnit. She and Jodi Picoult are my 2 favourite authors.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kiss River, 2 Mar. 2014
I enjoyed the second of the Trilogy but it certainly was not as good as good as the first and cost me three times as much! (Although it still wasn't overpriced as books go). It took a long time to to understand why Gina was so intent on getting the light recovered from the sea bed and when it finally was retrieved, it was rather disappointing after the big build up. How Gina could even consider that retrieving the light would solve her money problems was a bit unrealistic as well. In fact the whole storyline from that point of view was far fetched and did not make the reader feel sympathetic to the problem because so little time was given in the book to what was supposed to be of earth shattering importance to that part of the story. More should have been made of this I think.

It was good to catch up with the main characters of book one and also to get a more in depth view of Mary Poor's early life , using the diary was a nice touch. I thought there was also too much in-depth narrative about the previous book as well. If readers need or want to know, they will buy the book - it can be very irritating for those that have already invested time in reading the first book we don't want a rehash of what's gone before. I will read the third in the trilogy just to tie up the loose ends but can't say I will be as eager as I was to buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiss River, 2 Jun. 2013
Wonderful to follow on from Keeper of the Light Trilogy & be able to continue following the lives of the characters of Kiss River.
Makes you feel part of everything, laughing & crying with the characters as they feel alive & real as you read the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars KISS RIVER, 12 Oct. 2014
Amanda "sac" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Gina Higgins arrives at Kiss River claiming to be a lighthouse historian,brother and sister Clay and Lacey O'Neill who live in the keeper's house offer to take her in. Although a friendship transpires between the three of them Gina is hiding a very big secret, she needs money to collect her adopted daughter from an orphanage, a mission that brings her to Kiss River.
A good read and sequel to Keeper Of The Light, although in my opinion not one of the best novels that this author has written.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 27 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Kiss River (Hardcover)
The second in the Kiss River Trilogy is definitely not one of Diane's best, sadly. I found it a mirror image of the first one - divorcee and widower with instant attraction - and it took a long time to find out the reason Gina wanted the lens raising. I became very bored and lost interest half way through. I liked the diaries angle and needed to know who the traitor was but by the end didn't particularly care. I am not going to be reading Her Mother's Shadow, which is the last in the trilogy, albeit I spent a fortune getting it, as it's not on Kindle or in paperback in the UK. I do feel it will only be like the first two and am going to start something which holds my interest a little longer. Sorry Diane!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read but read Keeper of the LIght first, 4 Jan. 2015
This is the second part of the kiss river trilogy following Keeper of the light. Now Lacey and Clay are grown up and living in the light house keeper's house. A woman turns up saying she is a light house historian but who seems to know nothing about lighthouses. I found I did not like her at all at first as she was obviously lying but when you find out what is driving her it is believable. That Is Diane Chamberlain's way she makes the most unlikely scenarios seem plausible as desperate people do desperate things. The woman is reading her grandmothers diary and the story follows what happens to her during the war is a parallel story.

5.0 out of 5 stars and I would really recommend you do the same, 29 Aug. 2014
I downloaded all 3 of the Kiss River trilogy books and read them together, and I would really recommend you do the same. They are really great books and would make a wonderful TV mini series! The books flow seamlessly into each other, taking the main characters along and bringing in new ones, who were briefly mentioned in one of the others but now become important as time and events develop. The characters are so well defined that you feel by the end that you have been part of their lives and I really missed them and wanted more. I shall definitely read them all again at some point.