4.0 out of 5 stars Saving For A Rainy Day
Published 11 months ago by markv

2.0 out of 5 stars Best to pay more and buy better
Published 10 months ago by Les Norman (lesnorman@dci....

4.0 out of 5 stars Saving For A Rainy Day, 2 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Official London Olympic 2012 Black Compact Folding Umbrella (Luggage)
I bought this for my son for his journey to school as a replacement for a previous one of a different make which broke within days (see my other reviews for details on that one). I had also previously bought a number of the Dunlop "2 for £5" ones from Sports Direct, but found these to be too flimsy as well, and prone to early breakage in the slightest wind. My son doesn't want a fancy, pricey compact umbrella: he wants something he can stuff in his rucksack and forget about until it starts to rain heavily, which can then be used reasonably reliably. We'd both be happy if the umbrella lasted more than a year (the previous ones have lasted only a few months at most). Well it's early days with this one, but the signs are encouraging. The London Olympics logo is an added bonus, not too overpowering or garish, and this umbrella certainly seems more sturdy than other models previously tried. At this price I decided to buy a few, so I have one in my laptop bag for work and a spare for when my son (inevitably) eventually loses or damages his current one.

I'll update when he's used the umbrella for a longer duration

Update 30/10/2014: Well these have stood the test of time: my son is very happy having used them in rain and windy conditions where the other make would have been damaged. I've just ordered another four so we have one in each car and a couple of spares in the house - at this price, you really can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality souvenir, 11 April 2013
Hilary Farrer (Stockport,UK) - See all my reviews
A good sturdy brolly with the London olympic 2012 logo on it. A good souvenir of a cracking sporting summer!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... The Moon with this item since it is of excellent quality and has a lot of meaning since it ..., 21 April 2015
Over The Moon with this item since it is of excellent quality and has a lot of meaning since it is of my beloved Olympics and Team GB. TOP SELLER!!! I am an avid collector of London 12 items so will treasure this item...My daughter loves this item too as well as her other London 12 toys and books. Makes great pressies for people since has meaning...So buy with confidence...Highly recommended THX :-D

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal!!, 12 July 2014
Considering the low price ... a good umbrella! Practical, compact and easy to handle!

2.0 out of 5 stars Best to pay more and buy better, 1 July 2014
Mine arrived with bright pink lettering which is a little embarassing for a man but the sellers refunded my money immediately and didn't want it back. Good people. It is only very average, a little flimsy, quite small and I doubt that it will survive a gust of wind. I suppose for the price it is as good as any of the cheap umbrellas that are around but there are better ones about if you wish to pay more. I would next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympic brolley, 20 Feb. 2014
Great little umbrella, just right for keeping in your backpack or bag. I dont know how it would fare if you should open it in very windy conditions though, but great for the times you get caught in a shower. I would also like to say how good the customer service is with this company. My brolley arrived quickly, but was missing a spring clip on the handle, which meant the extending handle would not stay in place. I E Mailed the company about the problem, and they replied the same day, and put another brolley in the post that very day. Excellent service and a great little product. Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, 7 Feb. 2014
Decent as an umbrella. Haven't tested it in windy conditions yet. One thing of note: colour of the logo not necessary blue. I got one with an orange logo. Not that I minded too much, but would have been nice if the seller had specified the colour to be random beforehand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps me dry!, 23 Nov. 2013
I am one of those idiots who usually buys a brolley from the pound shop, only to have it fail in the slightest bit of wind. So I thought I'd treat myself to a nice unmbrella and I so loved the 2012 Olympics I bought this. Not only was it cheap but, having used it over the past couple of days, it can withstand quite a strong breeze. Very compact, light and sturdy- perfect!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, 2 Mar. 2015
MR CM D'SOUZA (Belgaum, Karnataka, India) - See all my reviews
Cheaply made and not something you would want to hold as a memorabilia for the olympics. Could have made a better product

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 17 Oct. 2014
Great umbrella, small but does the job. Good value for money.

Official London Olympic 2012 Black Compact Folding Umbrella