Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Platform: Nintendo Wii U|Edition: Special|Format: Box|Change

on 19 September 2014
Not a patch on Mass Effect 1 or 2. The story is a lot weaker than the originals. I did a little research, and it appears that the series writer quit after Mass Effect 2 and was replaced by 7 (YES SEVEN) writers. The results are lacklustre at best.

Let me put it another way, have you ever read a good book that was written by a team of seven authors?... Neither have I.

The graphics are good, as ever. The music is also good (although there's nothing new to hear, you've heard most of these tracks in the prequels).

Playing on the WiiU is ok, but there is a LOT of slow-down and low frame-rates. Especially in the Citadel. But it is nice to play it on the GamePad while housemates are using the TV. Also the GamePad map is awesome!!

I cannot recommend the game unfortunately, but if we ever see ME 1 or 2 appear on the WiiU... Snap them up!
on 3 January 2013
Okay so lets start by saying that I have all 3 consoles and Mass Effect 1 and 2 on the XBOX. I was going to get Mass Effect 3 to use my previous save data but when they announced the launch of the Wii U thought I would see what the console offered to the series.

What I have come to dislike is how the press keep repeating if you have the other consoles get the game on that. I believe the real message is that if you want the complete journey play on one console start to finish and as that can currently only be done on the XBOX, I struggle to see what value this really adds the reviews.

My take is that the latest game in the series is extremely well polished the game feels very smooth and the vibrancy from the graphics really are impressive. The GamePad is used in various ways from issuing commands and weapon choices and just makes the interface appear to be much slicker. It's worth noting that in multiplayer the gamepad doesn't serve as any additional features other than to use as a mic in the game and pressing the mic button on the screen. As this is in the middle it's hard to do while playing.

All in all this is a great game and one I am enjoying playing through, regardless of my XBOX history I'm pleased I waited for the Wii U version, it really needs more credit and as the story arc now contains the updated ending and additional content it really is a worthy purchase for Wii U fans.

By the way ONLINE multiplayer rocks!!! 4 hours solid playing until my eyes ached and I just can't stop... really a great game... and one to go get.
55 comments|13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2015
The gamepad functionality is brilliant, I'd say it's an easy pick for best version of a great game if it wasn't for the lack of DLC expansions. Although you'll have to play the first tow games on other platforms, it's one of the best games on the Wii U.
on 14 September 2015
Played 1 and 2 Xbox 360. This on Wii U looks and plays really well , but dont think the Grapics are quite as clear as the xbox version .But saying that after playing for an hour or two you wont notice.There are a few extras on the Wii U version, using the game pad, such as a map and moving your team to different positions using the touch screen. I found the ME3 in my opinion too be the weakest of the trilogy, its a bit repetative, a lot of missions are simular and the shooting gets a little boring at times.
But after saying that its still a great game, with some excellent gameplay and some old faces make a welcome return. My first play through took about 42 hours, but can probably be completed in 25-30 hrs. Not tried the multiplayer so cant really comment on that.
on 22 August 2014
Oh dear. So EA, you stick the last part of the trilogy on this console, refuse to bundle in or even sell most of the DLC and act totally shocked when it doesn't sell well. It's a shame because the use of the touchpad as a permanent map really does streamline the experience, as is using that map to position your allies. The inclusion of the Genesis 2 comic doesn't really replace the experience of the full trilogy so my advice, if you have a PS3 or 360, get the trilogy, just playing this is really missing out.
on 5 December 2015
This was a bizarre one, I'd never played any mass effect games so wasn't sure if I should get this or what to expect.

Started strongly with lots of feeling of there being a lot more happening that I'm missing out on in the game.

Pretty quickly it becomes a boring monotanous task, even on the first play through I found myself going to planets just to fulfill the required part of the story.

I thought I'd play this again but can't be bothered - the time input for the reward and satisfaction just isn't worth it right now.
on 15 August 2015
An absolutely fantastic game. So far all I've done is play the campaign mode, which was a massive 50 hour long campaign, and that I could easily play again because there are so many decisions you can make at the start as well as during the course of it which compels you to play it again. The attention to detail was unbelievable, the graphics were fantastic, very interesting character plotlines and excellent missions. A thoroughly enjoyable game, and for the price of £9 makes it something that you can't not buy.
on 8 July 2014
Excellent Game. As soon as I completed the campaign I started it again with another character.

I'd never played any of the two games that came before, but being a fan of the COD games I thought I'd give this a go. I haven't been disappointed.

The campaign is excellent. The story really grips you, and the interactive elements of the story can have an influence on which characters you can use and the story. There's even some carry over with the multiplayer having an effect on the ending, which is innovative. It has all the fun of a standard FPS, but also has an almost supernatural element which adds to the gameplay.

The multiplayer is also fantastic. Rather than the standard team deathmatch format, you instead play together with up to 3 others to complete a 10 wave mission. The online community isn't massive, but I've never struggled to get a game.

It's been the best 8 quid I've ever spent.
on 16 February 2016
There are loads of menus, a lot of boring story recap and then eventually you get to the game, which is pretty but uninteresting. My least enjoyable experience on the Wii U.
on 18 February 2013
But more important, fun gameplay.

Action and rpg together, very intresting mix.

Graphic - very good