5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for a better PSU
Sure it was a lot of money (I paid £133) but for the 92% efficiency it provides, the 7 year warranty and connections / power available to hook up 3 graphics cards + 12 sata hard drives, it's a bargain.

I currently have it in an i5 2500k, AMD 7970 3GB rig with 4 HD's and on idle, this PSU draws between 115-120w.

Gaming wise, the average is 150-180w,...
Published 19 months ago by P. A. Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Jury is out.
If you are buying one of these for Bitcoin mining then don't. When the miners start to ramp up and they draw more power from the corsair the corsair cuts out as it things there is something wrong with the draw and it has some safety mechanism that shuts the power off. I bought two of these and had to sell them two weeks later for two thirds of their original value.
Published 1 month ago by Miesha Vukasinovic

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for a better PSU, 12 Feb 2013
P. A. Evans (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corsair Professional Series AX 760 Watt ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Unit (Accessory)

Gaming wise, the average is 150-180w, the most i could get it to consume was 290w playing Metro 2033 at maximum direct x 11 settings.

Considering the fan on this doesn't turn on until you hit the 380w mark, this PSU should stay silent for any single graphics card setup.

With the wattage i'm consuming, i could easily have 2 decent graphics cards in my rig and this PSU wouldn't break a sweat.

Bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain well done Corsair, 28 Mar 2013
What can i say i was very uneasy buying this power supply as lot of cosair power supply's have had a bad coil whine. I have looked on other sites and it seems to be an issue for all companies. So i must say the delivery on this was on the mark and better thank you>
As soon as i got this i thought wow its small, i have an old coolermaster 1000w psu and that was 1/4 bigger.
I just had to plug it in and swopped my old psu for this one. My specs are 2600k 4.6 ghz watercooled ssd drive + 2x wd black drives and a gtx680 not to mention all the fans and other stuff.
I started the pc and for a second i thought it haddent sarted as it was so quiet and strange that the fan never started on the power supply.
When it booted to descktop i just had to overclock up my card for a quick benchmark i got the card to 1200 on the gpu and some on the memory with out any problmes and the fan still never kicked in on the powersupply i flicked the switch to normal mode to make sure the fan did work.I must say it was spinning but i still couldnt hear anything.
It looked like the company that i bought it from had tested the powersupply and then re-sealed it very carefully for which i am very greatfull becuase there is nothing worse than getting a dead powersupply and having to send it back. My only gripe with this one is that the sata power cables are very stiff to put in the hadrives.
Yes the 6 pin motherboard cable will fit around the back of my haf 932 but for cable manament i will need an extension lead there is nothing wrong in buying an extension cable and sleaving to match the rest (you cant get a power supply to complettly fit every case)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Link software, great efficiency, 4 July 2013
Unfortunately, I did get a defective unit on my first try. But Amazon was great about returning it. The other that I bought is running very well. The fan hardly ever runs as it only turns on above a certain temperature. When it does run it is nearly silent. If the Corsair link software it to be believed, the unit is incredibly efficient, with extended periods at 99% efficiency. The Link software is great for controlling current usage on the PCIE slots and total wattage among other things.

5.0 out of 5 stars great psu, 18 Mar 2013
Very satisfied with this power supply the hybrid mode means the fan dose not even turn on.
the wires for the psu are also all black along with the sheathing making it very stealthy

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the software, 5 Jan 2014
This is a great PSU. I bought this for a small server and it is extremely efficient and silent.

The "i" model comes with a USB dongle to allow monitoring of the PSU. It connects between a special socket on the PSU and an internal USB header on the motherboard. Software then provides real-time info on the PSU performance.

The problem? Well the software constantly polls the hard drives and this prevents them from spinning down. For a very energy efficient system as is possible with this PSU, this is an unforgivable oversight. I ended up by uninstalling the software and disconnecting the dongle. The PSU works fine without it.

I would recommend purchasing the Corsair AX760 PSU instead of the AX760i. It's the same power supply but without the dongle connection and problem software. You also save about 30 pounds, get a quieter system and save even more electricity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if it works, 1 April 2013
i think i may have a dud psu here, but read on if you may have the same problems as me.

its not great when you build a pc and go to turn it on and you get nothing, just a click and straight back off, i'm quite an experienced builder and immediately tried an old spare psu, to ensure it wasn't the other components and they're all fine, and the pc was on like a charm, the self test button is a little pointless as it doesn't tell me anything i don't already know,(in that it doesn't really work either) the psu will click and the component fans and motherboard light up (very briefly) as if its connected but something is not quite right inside. the packaging was amazing so it can't be from the courier, and although the cables state 1200i only! corsair inform me they are universal, let me know if thats not right!? corsair tech support and rma are usually top notch and this has a 7 year guarantee so i'm expecting it to get fixed or swapped pretty soon as its driving me up the wall, will check my review and revise if indeed my opinion changes.

I was expecting so much quality, as with all my other corsair components, vengeance ram, h100, force3 120gb ssd, air force fans.

update

after a couple of weeks and sending the unit back to the netherlands! (at my expense) ~£30 which i did manage to wrangle out of the seller who sold me the item in the first place, to which i commend them! as if i would have returned it to them they would have only been in the same situation, it was replaced by corsair and the new unit works as promised, however i should have got the 760i as the 860i is a bit overpowered! i thought my system would use much more power but its around 300w! these intel processors don't use as much watts as they used to max 95w on my processor but they actively switch most of the time, but nevermind thats another story ...

the built in usb dongle corsair link causes my system to freeze once attached so i'm not using that and other than the system lag on switch on ~5 seconds - which i can live with ... its barely noticeable or audible and the only good thing is that i know it will be a steady part for me to build around on and it won't need upgrading for a long while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb PSU, highly recommended., 18 Aug 2014
Read many expert reviews of this PSU series (great voltage regulation, excellent ripple suppression, silent etc.), which was the deciding factor behind my purchase. It has been working in my computer for several weeks now without a hitch.

Note to prospective buyers: Upon initial installation (everything hooked up) I could not get the PSU to stay on -- pressing the on button on my case (and on the motherboard in my case) only made the PSU flicker on then immediately off. After several minutes of flustered annoyance (thinking I would have to return it) my wife came in and provided some necessary wisdom, saying "hold the button down". I did so and it started correctly. Turns out I was jabbing the on/off button very quickly (almost like turning a key in a car waiting for starter motor to start the engine). I've never had that particular issue (or any other) since.

Despite my button pressing incompetence, this is a fantastic PSU. And I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars beast psu, 11 Feb 2014
Best psu ive ever had and its dead silent! Thanks corsair for another amazing product. Totally worth the price tag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 8 Nov 2013
I think the title says it all, this is a brilliant PSU with excellent green credentials. Would highly recommend for a power rig

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute qualitty, 24 July 2013
D. J. Rhodes "John Rhodes" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
Everything about the product is top notch, the build quality, the operation, the packaging. I purposely bought a bigger psu than I needed to allow for expansion (I'm running a i7, GTX770, 8Mb RAM, 1 SSD), so it runs silently at the moment as I've not loaded it enough to get the fan going.