Hidden in the pages of this book, which contains just a few of the amazing pictures and prints of Kathe Kollwitz, a virtually unknown artist from East Prussia, true inspiration and joy or sorrow can be found. The creations between the two covers of this book, are truly amazing and tell wonderful stories, and are so magnificent in their own way, that on each page of artwork, one is either laughing or crying, but either way enthralled.
I suspect that if you are reading this you already know what a magnificent artist Kollwitz is so I won't spend time praising her work to the height as it deserves. Wonderful intensely felt and moving work in a relatively inexpensive format. The reproduction isn't Yale University Press standards, but then it is not YUP prices.

An absolute bargain and a volume to treasure!
on 3 June 2013
A wonderful book in marvellous condition. It was meant as a gift for a friend, and I had difficulty making the decision to hand it over. I did in the end, though!
on 30 July 2014
Just back from Berlin which houses the Kollwitz museum. This collection is sumptuous and is a great price. Very good delivery too.
on 1 December 2013
After visiting the Kathe Kollwitz museum in Berlin I wanted this to remind me of her work and experience. It didn't fail.
on 20 June 2015
I was disappointed with the quality of the prints, which were not very sharp.
on 29 November 2014