5.0 out of 5 stars Mouse
Fantastic mouse love the way the buttons are layed,
You can change it to suit the user easy to access the buttons,
Love the software that you download you can change it to suit the gaming stile.
Would buy it again if breaks down
Thankyou
Published on 12 Jan. 2013 by hawk

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice mouse but lack of durability
The design is excellent the concept is excellent, the feeling in hand is excellent.
Published 10 months ago by Ding Ding Shi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice mouse but lack of durability, 5 Aug. 2014
Ding Ding Shi "D.D" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Could be a five star item if Mad Catz care to make the switches extra long life. I have broken two of them in less than two years both left click switch worn out. RMAed both and it went out of warranty. This is the third one I own, still love the feeling in hand, love the dpi switch is so easy to use. But I will not use this mouse for MMO games or RTS games since too many clicks would went through, this mouse simply can't last to coupe with the amount clicks, and MMO, RTS don't really need a high dpi mouse anyway.

One additional problem I notice using this mouse in FPS. The sensor occasionally go hyper like a glitch during game causing my aiming view rotate multiple circles in a blink of an eye. To physically rotate that fast it requires a very long linear movement so I know it's glitching. you can also find similar complains on RAT7 if you search the internet for forum comments. Note this is a RAT7 only issue. does not apply to RAT 9, which is the ones I previous own. I got tired changing battery every day every day so got this wired version instead. Unfortunately, the sensor glitch only appears in RAT7 not in RAT9. So if you are buying one of these, be aware of this issue. A lot forum and review says the glitch is only version 1 issue. Mad Catz has since fixed it, but it is not true. This one I got is a very late version as they moved the brand from cyborg to mad catz now. Glitch is still there. It is very occasionally. I only notice this once or twice per week. Only in game as well, never had this problem on desktop.

Overall I would say an excellent mouse for casual gamers. Other than the glitch, it is very precise and sensitive. And it is such a cool looking mouse!

As said, if you don't do a million click per month, it's probably going to be ok for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouse, 12 Jan. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mad Catz R.A.T.7 Gaming Mouse for PC and Mac (Personal Computers)
Fantastic mouse love the way the buttons are layed,
You can change it to suit the user easy to access the buttons,
Love the software that you download you can change it to suit the gaming stile.
Would buy it again if breaks down
Thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars superb in every way, 11 Nov. 2013
exceptional mouse! bought this to replace the roccat kova+ because the scroll wheel began to loosen and wobble, thus the scroll wheel became more difficult to carry out the action of scrolling up and down whilst browsing internet pages. the mad catz RAT7 looks, feels and responds amazingly and would go as far as to say its the best mouse i have ever owned.

extra weight components can replace parts of the mouse to make it heavier and therefore tailored more to your liking. the components can have grips, logos or smooth aesthetics and even has an extra pinkie rest on the right hand side if desired! mouse wheel feels very sturdy and robust, extra button next to the main left hand side finger button also.

there is a handy little pin in the back of the mouse which can be detached or left in place which is used to screw/unscrew the other components and help customise the mouse to suit your needs.

everything about the mouse feels extremely sturdy and solid build quality. the dpi sensor is (for me personally) very strategically placed and all in all i cannot fault this mouse one iota and would definitely recommend buying this mouse hands down!

excellent product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse but has issues, 24 Feb. 2015
Fantastic mouse (or should I say rat). It's button layout is perfect along with it's adjust-ability. I've had no issues with durability unlike in may reviews, sometimes the sensor gets a little glitchy and the curser doesn't want to move properly, but all I need to do is blow in to it and it works fine. My friend has the M.M.O.7 and I found it had too many buttons unlike this one. The gloss black version, after using it for a few hours it starts to feel dirty and you'll always want to clean it.

Pros
era-gnomic adjust-ability (more so than the M.M.O.7)
Just the right amount of buttons
stylish
Wired (so it doesn't run out of power unlike the R.A.T.9)

Cons
Has durability issues for some people
The gloss version feels dirty quickly
No LEDs on the front (unlike the M.M.O.7)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as comfortable as i thought, 14 Nov. 2014
Had this mouse for around a year. Dpi switch on the mouse only works down now. Even when i turn it down by few seconds turn itself up. Not as comfortable as i thought. I would not buy it again. Aslo random mouse freezer when pointer only moves left or right.
If you want a proper mouse got with razer. I think i will dust up my old Lachesis and use it instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 replacements and they all break within a few months. DO NOT BUY, 14 Nov. 2014
This is a review for the RAT5 and then my replacement RAT7.

Update as of Nov 14th 2014
I give up. Replacements so far:
5 x Rat5
1 x Rat7!

This has been over 1yr and 2 months span of time.
Each and every single one has had the same problem. The laser stops working. Just now it was working fine but then stops, however the mouse wheel and buttons all still work.
I only built my new computer a few months ago. I do fresh OS installs every 4 months. So each and every time the drivers are reinstalled via their site. I have used this mouse of a laptop and two other desktop computers. Hell I gave it to someone else for a week to see how they used it. Same issues.

What gets me is I bought a mouse in college over 7-8 years ago and it still works LOL.
I love their design, I really really do. I use the wheel on the side of volume and it is amazing. However the quality of the product is inferior.
I put a post on my FB page, I have many gamer friends and every single one who bought the RAT range has found them faulty. How amazing is that!
One guy has the rat 7 and it double clicks when he wants a single click. Did you know that someone wrote a dedicated script just to stop that because it was such a prevalent issue.

Please trust me when I say DO NOT GET IT.

---------------

Update as of 8th March. I cannot get the mouse to go right unless I smack the mouse. I put up a poll in my clan for those with the mouse. 14 people and every single one has had the exact same issue with the mouse first off not going the way you want it and then just giving up. UNACCEPTABLE.

---------------

As a woman I find it very hard to find a mouse which is for gaming but is small enough my hands. This mouse adapts to my own small hands plus to my partners HUGE freaking hands!
The buttons are easily accessed. The software provided means you can change what the bottoms do. I have it set so the silver wheel changes my volume.
The overall shape is very nice, the thumb rest has actually stopped some of the hard skin forming (hey for a girl this is good news).
I love being able to change the weights. You simply unscrew that nut at the back and remove the spring. The weights slip on and off no bother so you can adjust easily. Sometimes if I am just lazy I reduce the weight to make it easier.

However.

The sensors are flawed. Actually they do work perfectly, for around 6 months or so. It has happened with my partners mouse. It happened to 3 other people in my gaming clan. That is unacceptable. Thankfully if you buy through Amazon they cover the product for the first years so you can get a refund or replacement. My partner went for a refund. I am going for a replacement. I still love the mouse even if the lens does decide to go.

Mad Catz need to fix this in the future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 July 2014
Great mouse but I have some drifting issues with the cursor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 28 May 2014
Not the best quality.
Works good for gaming.
Never actually got round to configuring the sniper button.
FPS settings on the mouse go from slow to fast in five settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars older, but still number one choice, 26 May 2014
Checked out Loads of reviews before purchase and although is quite an old model, still came out the favourite. Excellent sensitivity, fantastic, customisability, superb build quality. I can't find anything wrong with this mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad Catz R.A.T.7 Gaming Mouse, 11 May 2014
This mouse is an exceptional piece to a gamers arsenal, its mulch-programmable profiles and button are fluid and easy to access.
I recommend any Mad Catz hardware/peripherals to everyone and anyone.

The software that Mad Catz allow you to download is also exceptional for designing mouse profiles, button layouts, DPS settings and more.

10 out of 10!