on 25 November 2012
Fantastic book! The message is simple, get out there and love life. Love people, and enjoy everything you do. Genuinely hilarious in parts, and equally deep and philosophical in others. I would recommend this book to anyone. It seems that for Christian, jiu jistu is about people, and nothing more. Belt co lour and affiliation mean nothing to him, and in this community I believe that is something to be highly respected.
on 16 April 2014
This is a combination travel book, memoir, and homage to the struggles and the joys of practising BJJ.
If you work in any sort of job that doesn't fully satisfy you then this will resonate with you. It will show you all the things that are possible when you throw out your miserable safety net and follow your passions into the unknown.
A truly inspiring début and I hope there are more travels to come from the Globetrotter.
on 4 December 2012
I have followed Christinas journey through his online blog and a write up in a well known UK BJJ Magazine. So when I found out a book was being wrote I became particularly excited with anticipation for the release date of the book, monitoring updates daily via most social media. The book I ordered on 1st and amazingly it arrived this morning. I am already a chapter or 2 into the book and its engrossing, i have not wanted to put it down. I love jiu jitsu and just as importantly i love travel to so to link the two up in such an informative way is just brilliant. If there is one book you should consider buying this year this is it. Jiu Jitsu is an art that people all over the world can relate to and if you love it you know from deep within that its something to be respected and brings people to together with a common aim to imporve and be the best.

Christian thanks for taking the time to document your amazing experience, and what a journey it must have been. Hopefully you release a further book one day.
on 23 December 2015
I borrowed this book from a friend and read it over a few days, I have to say I found the story inspiring and captivating. I've since met its author Christian a few times, I've visited his gym and attended a couple of his camps (and I am already booked to attend another in 2016). Christian's a laid back guy and this comes across in his story of travel, adventure and jiu jitsu. This is not a 'how to' guide, but more an easy to read account of Christian's worldwide travels, practicing and teaching BJJ along the way. He visits some very interesting places where you may be surprised to hear they practice BJJ at all. This book will most certainly make you take stock and consider how you spent your time and money. You may find yourself looking for your own BJJ/ travel related adventures. Well worth a read.
on 24 November 2012
Picked this up last week after following Christian's travels via his blog, and even though I already knew the basics of his story travelling and training across the world, it's been highly enjoyable to read about it again in greater detail, both in terms of the journey itself, and in getting to know the writer better.

If you enjoyed the Cauliflower Chronicals, then you should love this. In my opinion the story and writing far surpasses the Cauliflower Chronicals, making this a must for any BJJ or travel fans alike.
on 18 August 2014
First half of this book, is poorly written and hard to get into.

Be it English is not his first language, you will have to take that into consideration when reading this book.

With that said, after you get past that issue the book opens up wonderfully and is a great read for any BJJer.

I wish he could go into more details with some of the camps he visited, but that may have been because he was either to tired to remember everything, or didn't want to step on any toes.
on 26 January 2013
Absolutely excellent book, really opens your eyes on how big and friendly the world can be. And I could take up the offer on visiting your gym. A very inspirational book and I recommend everyone to read it wether you know anything about Brazilian jiu jitsu or not.
on 29 May 2013
Absolutely awesome book written in a very entertaining - my all time favourite. It's a must for jiu jitsu/travel nerds.

The only thing that could make this book better - more pictures, but you can still visit bjjglobetrotter.com to see lots of them
on 31 March 2014
Bought this without knowing much about christian or the globetrotter community but so happy I did! It shares all his amazing experiences from around the world and gives you a great insight into how to plan for your own bjj journey and much more.
on 12 September 2014
Whilst so much around us now focuses on instant gratification I strongly agree with, and like, Christian's reminders about loving the process and the journey, and getting the experiences along that way. Those are what shape and develop us.