5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughts on Thoughtless
This book should come with a warning - believe me, it takes over your life! Thoughtless is the very definition of "un-put-downable" and I have hardly spoken to a soul all weekend. But everybody WILL interpret it differently due to the subject matter, so here's my experience:-

Published on 30 April 2012 by nalsim99

3.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtless
It took me a while to get into thoughtless but once i did i thoroughly enjoyed it. Although kiera cried to much for my liking :)
Published 22 months ago by maria magill

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughts on Thoughtless, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)

I thoroughly believe the first-person narrative is the genius of this novel. The emotions you go through with this character are completely surreal. To disagree with some other reviewers, I found Keira instantly loveable. Yes, it's hard to read in places - betrayal is never a comfortable subject, especially as some readers will have been on the receiving end of it at some point. My opinion is, however, that her situation and the feelings and thoughts that came with it, were portrayed perfectly. Of course the reader will be frustrated or irritated by the character's reactions at times... but I must say I identified with her wholly throughout - the lust, the desire, the guilt, the pain...

How do you know how you would handle it if you haven't been there? Everyone could say they would do things differently, but if everybody had the perfect solution, there would be no novel to write! I can honestly say the triangle in this book is very similar to a personal situation I was in a few years ago. The author, very admirably, brought back to me every emotion I went through at that time via Keira's own emotions...and she delivered it so beautifully and accurately, I would be very surprised if she is not speaking from experience. Love was never supposed to be easy.

Overall, do not expect a 'sweetness and light' fairytale in this novel - this is a true-to-life, straight-up heart-wrencher, especially if you can relate to it on a personal level. And, for the record, if you've read Beautiful Disaster and are expecting it to be comparable, it isn't! This is a glorious piece of writing in its own right, and it deserves to stand alone in all respects.

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 stars if i could!, 24 Feb 2013
Miss D. Neal (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Good book for those that have withdrawal symptoms from books such as 50 Shades, The Siren etc, Beautiful Disaster. Its just perfect for what I wanted :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Omg I didn't think i would shout and scream at a book so much as this one, what a rollercoaster of emotions, I could not put it down. Love it...love it...love it!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtless, 17 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put book down, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
This book was highly addictive, could not put it down. It kept you on the edge the whole way through, constantly not knowing what way they were going to go. Loved this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! WOW! WOW!, 2 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
I finished reading this book today & thank goodness as my life came to a complete halt: I could not put it down! The beauty of the story utterly redeemed what I initially felt was a slow start. In a nutshell - OMG!!! I loved this book! My life is about to briefly be put on hold again as I have already downloaded the sequel. Kellan & Kiera I am on my way...!

5.0 out of 5 stars O.M.G!!, 29 Sep 2014
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
I am going to start this by saying OMG I LOVE KELLAN KYLE!!

Now that's established I can start my review hehe. I absolutely love this book and having seen so many people talk about it and the rock star that is Kellan Kyle I was eager to start this series and boy did Thoughtless live up to its hype. A lot of people and reviews all moaned about Keira no end, about how she is whiny, needy and child like but I found that I instantly fell in love with her character. She's a girl who has only lived in one place, only ever had 1 boyfriend (Denny of 2 years) so when Denny is offered a job in Seattle Keira decides to transfer college and move with him and take the next step in their relationship.

Cue Mr Kyle *sigh*

The couple move in with Denny's high school friend who happens to have a spare room and all three of them get along great and this is where my opinion differs to others. Keira lands a job at Pete's as a waitress and it also happens to be the bar that Kellan and his band (The D'bags) have a regular performing slot. Denny has to go away for work and leaves Keira in Seattle (with Kellan). While Denny is away and so wrapped up in his work his phone calls to Keira dwindle until they become non existent and in that time Keira grows ever close to Kellan trying to fill the void Denny left but also trying to keep it innocent, I did say trying.When it comes to this Kiera is extremely naive as to what innocent means and how she defines it. Cuddles, holding hands, lifts to school/work they all begin to muddy the water and lines start to blur, it is however the chemistry between Kellan and Keira that draws you in and keeps you there throughout the book. Kellan (a self confessed whore) changes so subtly as you get deeper into the story and his story and past unfolds, its almost as if Kellan is letting his walls down to let YOU in.

For me I couldn't read this book fast enough and barely put it down until I was finished and that didn't take me long as I devoured the book. I couldn't find anything that I really didn't like, yes sometimes the decisions the characters make make you want to scream at the book but for me that's a sign that you are emotionally invested in the book and its characters and come on we all make questionable decisions in life so really its just another thing to love about the book!! Its full angst, raw emotions, love, pain and confliction, it has highs and lows and lots of twists that leave you guessing which way Keira will decide to go but it is a rollercoaster ride worth taking.

S.C. Stephens has an amazing way with words and writes phenomenally well. I absolutely adore the writing style and the way the story formed and I would highly recommend this book to anyone and I really can't wait to start Effortless.

2.0 out of 5 stars Teen angst but with cowardly heroine, 22 Sep 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
I read this book as it was well-received on the reviews on the us amazon site, and on goodreads - and it as compared to others I enjoyed in the YA range, 'beautiful disaster' notably.
But, - potential spoilers ahead - this tale of a young woman torn by a choice between two guys leaves the heroine looking weak when she vacillates between the two constantly and goes behind her boyfriend's back to do so. She then runs back to t'other male protagonist only as he calls it quits on her inability to decide. And this scenario reproduces itself a couple of times.
I did read to the end to see who she ended up with but generally prefer my romances with more likeable female characters and probably will not be following up their story in the sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kellan Kyle, yes please., 25 Oct 2014
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Wow, what can I say. I've read all of the series, in one week I might add, and I think kellan Kyle might just be one of my favourites now. Such an emotional rollarcoster ride. This author took me to places I was a little uncomfortable reading. I think cheating is wrong and that is that and at first I didn't know if this would be the book for me, however someone really recommended that I stick with this author as she is very good, and I'm so glad I did. I felt this author was trying to tell us people make mistakes and that the consequences of these mistakes can be really bad. In the end the author took us on a journey about lies, betrayal, honesty, truth and soul deep renching love. I cried in all three books, it totally blew me away. Kiera's character was interesting, I could of said she annoyed me at first, but looking back through all three books, I think she was trying to make the female character grow from a young girl into a woman and IMO she got that right in book three. I really grew to love kellan Keira and Denny.x

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely loved this book, the detail, the characters and a totally believable story, can't wait to start the next in the series