5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results!
I was more than a little sceptical when I ordered this item, but the results have been nothing short of amazing.

Published 23 months ago by The Blue Cat

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory
Published 13 months ago by Martyn C.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results!, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: eSynic® Latest Version 1.3 WPS 300Mbps Wireless Wifi Repeater Range Network Router Extender Booster Complies with IEEE 802.11N/G/B Extend Your Wi-Fi Coverage (Accessory)

My office is in the attic of my house, whereas my modem and wireless router, are on the ground floor - and to add to it - in the extension. It's also an older house, so there's a lot of solid brick for the signal to get through. Suffice to say, in the attic my connection was dropping out constantly, so I decided to try the eSynic repeater as a last resort before getting my ISP to add in an extra broadband cable to hardwire my PC in the attic.

Having put the repeater in a first floor bedroom and followed the simple installation instructions (more on this in a moment though), the signal to the attic immediately leapt to 100%. I haven't had a single problem since. I can't recommend it enough, it's far surpassed my expectations.

One final thing - just as a tip on the installation - when you're doing the installation through your PC it may ask you at one point for the password of the repeater. I tried to find this password everywhere with no luck, and then realised all you need to do it click on the option for "Connect without configuring" or however it's worded. Just in case anyone else is stuck!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory, 11 Mar. 2014
Unfortunately I am unable to get this to work. Instructions/diagrams are difficult to understand, some abbreviations are meaningless to me, I cannot access required website to set the gadget up and it screws up the existing wireless connection of my laptop to my router. I have reset the device numerous times but to no avail. Email advice from supplier has failed to resolve the issue. Most unsatisfactory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Persevering With, 15 Jun. 2013
Nurse Duckett (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
It took me several attempts over a couple of evenings to get this set up just how I wanted it (in wireless repeater mode), but it finally worked. Previously my children were sitting halfway up the stairs in order to get good wi-fi coverage from my upstairs router, but now we get full coverage nearly everywhere in the house - well worth the money if you have some patience in setting it up.

After reading the instructions, reading others' advice here, watching several Youtube videos, and trial and error, this is what finally worked for me:
1. Use wireless device e.g. tablet to identify where wi-fi signal starts to fall off as you move away from main router - locate nearest electric socket as likely location for your repeater
2. Switch off broadband router
3. Plug repeater in to socket near computer (NOT necessarily repeater's intended location) and connect it to your computer via supplied ethernet cable
4. Hold down repeater's reset key for 10+ seconds.
5. Use computer browser to access *some other* IP address e.g. 192.168.0.1 (this seemed to help for some reason)
6. *Then* correct IP address to 192.168.10.1 as per instructions - this should access the repeater set-up page - if not, repeat steps 4-6 a few times until it does!
7. In repeater set-up page, select Advanced/Wireless/Basic to set SSID to exactly same name as your wi-fi network SSID, and save
8. Switch on broadband router and wait for broadband to be re-established
9. In repeater set-up page, select Setup Wizard to set "Repeater" mode, then use "Next" to find and link to your wi-fi network
10. Unplug repeater and plug it in again at your identified destination socket

The first time through I forgot to set the SSID name - although the repeater worked OK, we had to switch devices to the new "Wireless Repeater" SSID to pick it up. With the same SSID name, we now get seamless transition as we move through the house. I imagine that you can unplug the repeater and move it to another socket without re-setting it up, but I haven't tried that yet.

With more straightforward and repeatable set-up, I'd have given this 5 stars.

Good Luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed :-), 3 Jan. 2014
Sian234 (Derry, N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
I purchased this product as even though I was able to get WiFi connection upstairs for my laptops, I was having difficulty connecting with my tablet. I was barely even able to connect to the internet at all, but after plugging the WiFi repeater in my room and using the easy step by step instructions, I now receive a full WiFi signal on my tablet :-) I don't know why other people have had difficulty installing this device as I found it very quick and easy by using the instruction leaflet. I would definitely recommend this to anyone having difficulty connecting their device to their WiFi connection :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK!!, 10 Dec. 2014
Eric "Middle aged Male, lives in England, wor... (APO, AE, United States) - See all my reviews
Horrible, spent hours trying to make it work. Tried contacting eSynic and the email came back as undeliverable. I could not find contact numbers for the company. I even went to youtube to watch videos on the installation of the product and still couldn't get it to work. Everything was fine until you try to get to the IP address and it just won't connect. I tried on 4 different platforms none would connect. This thing is garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Way Below Expectation, 6 Feb. 2014
The main issue with this device is the transmission rate. Once paired to the Router, not an easy task due to poorly written instructions, the eSynic transmit at a fraction of the booster rate. In my case less than 10%. So downloading any page is an exercise in patience. For clarity, don't confuse the transmission rate to the signal strength you see on your device. They are not the same. Ultimately, what you care for is how fast the downloading happens.

Net, not worth the trouble even if its cheap. I got much better result with the SKY booster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, 6 April 2013
I had been getting a very poor connection to my Wifi upstairs at the front of the house in the opposite corner from where my wireless router is downstairs (4 bed detached house). The signal would drop out occasionally or downloads were very slow. We have a lot of Wifi in the area and at the front of the house I got stronger signals from neighbour's than my own.

I purchased this very competitively priced repeater and it's brilliant. It took me 5 minutes to set it up. The instructions aren't great but anyone with a little wireless router setup experience will be able to sort it quickly.

I have it plugged in on our landing upstairs and the signal at the front of the house on my iPad has gone from none, one or occasionally two bars to three bars solidly and the speed of the connection is outstandingly quick now. There is just no comparison with before. I can't believe what I was putting up with without this repeater.

This is the best £20 I have spent in a few years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont Buy, 19 July 2013
Despite being Ok with IT, be warned, nothing about this product worked. No setup messages appeared as instructions, and has been binned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 10 Jan. 2015
Bought this to make my virgin TiVo box access my home wifi so I could use the VM app to control my TiVo box, they told me I needed a powerline adapter (our router is upstairs & TiVo box is downstairs) to make it work but didn't really fancy spending out around the £35 mark just to get an app to work so decided to try this.
For a total novice like me there were far to many instructions and I wasn't sure which one I was suppose to follow, in the end I just plugged it in, pressed the little button on the front of the plug & on my router & then found the wifi repeater in my list of wifi's on my iPad, connected to it, after that I put the IP address (supplied in the instructions) into my browser address box and followed the instructions on there and all done! After that I just plugged the wire supplied into my TiVo box & the plug, let the TiVo box sort the settings out & hey presto my app works.
Really pleased with this item, glad I looked into other options instead of the powerline adapter & it might make my wifi a bit better downstairs so all around a good purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 28 Feb. 2014
Rather than extending the range of my wi-fi network, these units seem to just offer more interference. They took a lot of messing about to set-up which ultimately left me frustrated. This was only added to by Customer Service suggesting other, on-effective solutions, rather than giving me a refund straight away.

Not impressed.