5.0 out of 5 stars Break it up
Published 15 months ago by Gerry

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed!!
I am a fan of Tracey Anderson and I agree her instructions are poor, but I am used to that. However, what I am really disappointed about, is that I pre ordered this DVD as it was marketed as a new DVD. It is the same DVD with a different cover. a complete and utter con. Do not buy if you have the original copy!!
Published 18 months ago by Becs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed!!, 8 Jan 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars tracy anderson., 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD] (DVD)
very disapointed with this dvd, it is the same mat workout with a different cover , a bit of a con .

5.0 out of 5 stars Break it up, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD] (DVD)
Here's my take after a month of effort. Don't do the full workout. You'll wear out. This is what I do. Always do the warm up/warm down (as best you can). Day 1 Standing arms (without weights). Day 2 Standing legs. Day 3 Standing arms with weights. Day 4 mat legs. Day 5 abs (without double legs lifts; find a safer substitute for the sake of your lower back) and do the double leg extensions (the last abs movement) a fraction of what Tracy does (lower back again). I ALWAYS modify an exercise video. I take breaks when needed. I've learned the routines and can keep up after four weeks. I'm getting the results she promised on the tin. I like the absence of yammering, counting reps and I like the ambient music. Music is a big consideration for me. Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great workout, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD] (DVD)
Impossible in my lifestyle to do 6 times a week like Tracy says, but I do it at least 3, maybe 4 times and I am already seeing results - my arms are leaner and I am gaining a feminine shape. I love her teaching style - no screaming a you or distracting and she looks so amazing that it spurs me on!

5.0 out of 5 stars brillaint! saw a difference within weeks, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD] (DVD)
if you want to shape up in the comfort of your home without fancy equipment and easy to follow moves, then this is perfect! for my full review, see my blog...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for home work out, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I like this workout very much, it really forces you to work hard and I have noticed a leaner muscle definition. Only problem is the reps are very varied so sometimes one side gets a lot more of a workout than the other if you don't count it and even it out for yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its tough work, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD] (DVD)
Although I really wanted to do the DVD everyday - to do the whole thing would be a total killer.

So I have been doing sections along side my other activities -

Mainly the ab standing section and mat ab section (Every week day, at the weekend, I dont do the DVD but I jog and dance)

For me its working, and as it get's easier I am going to try tackle more of the DVD.

Tracy's style is not for everyone - but if you can push past it and just keep on moving then its ok.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD] (DVD)
Better than the cardio workouts as you can actually follow this and feel like your actually working out, abs sections is a bit weird but otherwise not bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously?, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I found this to be one of the worst fitness dvd's I've ever seen. Tracy Anderson spends the entire time pouting and never appears to break a sweat into her perfectly coiffed hair. The abs section is ridiculous and doesn't appear to work the abs at all. Not what I was expecting - I won't be watching it again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Divided, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I just bought this DVD and tried it for the first time after hearing all the hype. Two things stand out: 1 - the exercises are very good. 2 - the instruction is very bad.

On 1 - the arm series have me aching already. I'm a little afraid of how I'll feel tomorrow, but that part is great. Same for the legs. Really good moves that will supplement my current regime very nicely and add a new challenge.

On 2 - TA offers next to no instructions (and only the odd word of guidance as to form here and there). I hope that after doing this workout a few more times, I'll be more familiar with the sequences, but it seems like TA gets lost in her own funky little dance world, focusing on exclusively on HER exercises. I'd like to be able to do the same, but as she gives no instructions (no counts, very few names of exercises, no speed cues), I have to be concentrating on watching her for the changes, and it's SERIOUSLY annoying. She's obviously very popular, and watching her dancing away during the abs section, I just felt like she did a DVD just so more people could watch her dance than she wants to actually help get fit.

I'm thinking I may come up with names for the great exercises and write them down, then just add my own music and follow my own cue cards.

If someone lets you borrow this DVD, do it. Watch it, and learn the exercises. But I wouldn't fork out money on this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD]
Tracy Anderson Method - Mat Workout [DVD] by Tracy Anderson (DVD - 2012)
6.99