5.0 out of 5 stars Great album
Hillsong United just keep getting better and better as the years go on. An album that lyrically and musically does one thing... Glorify Jesus!
Published 17 months ago by Steven Malcolm

2.0 out of 5 stars Recording quality far from good
This recording is marred by background hiss, not terrible, but far from the best recording quality, a bit of a dissappointment.
Published 2 months ago by Barry Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Zion (MP3 Download)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !!!, 5 April 2013
Maggie (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Its so amazig, my favorit no 4,
Would recommended it for anybody :)
Glad i bought that this CD i got another one for my sister :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Hillsong album ever released., 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Zion (Audio CD)
When I first got this album, I wasn't sure about it; it has an extremely different sound to the rest of the Hillsong//Hillsong United stuff that's been released before.

However, a couple of listens in, and I'm completely hooked! I have it playing 24/7. This album is absolutely amazing. Everything to the lyrics, to the instruments, is just A M A Z I N G! I cannot express to you enough how much of a life changer this album is. Jesus is amazing; this album is completely anointed!

If you're debating whether or not to buy it; BUY IT. You will not regret it!. :) xoxo

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, nice, but no song stands out, 7 Mar 2013
Peter Roxburgh (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Zion (MP3 Download)
If you've followed Hillsong United, you might think you know what to expect from them - rock-based anthemic songs and that's about it.

Thankfully this album moves away from that formula, which frankly had started to get stale. So with the new sound e.g. a slight 'Chinese' feel to Up in Arms, and generally quite a pads-based album this United album brings some freshness.

Gone also is the need to 'big' every single song up to a massive, unnecessary resounding crescendo. Instead they have not shied away from keeping a song on the down-low and allow different sounds to bring dynamic and mood rather than heavier guitar and louder drums. (yay!)

I liked it from the first listen and strangely for a United album, I would almost put this under the easy-listening category. I quite happily have it playing in the background while I do my work (the joys of working from home). Whereas I can't say I would ever have any of their previous albums on 'in the background'!

Having said all the above, it still sounds like a Hillsongs album, except Mercy Mercy and Scandal of Grace, which sounds very much like they written by Leeland. There isn't a duff song on this album, lyrically it has got some interesting lines, my favourite being

"Death, where is your sting?
It is as dead as my sin..." (Scandal of Grace).

There isn't yet a stand-out song for me and they all seem to drift one into another. But then given I use it as 'easy listening' that's fine by me!

In short - I would recommend it. It's different from much of what has gone before and in a good way. It's a fresh sound, got good lyrics and is very palatable.

Hope that helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Zion (Audio CD)
This is the first Hillsong CD I've ever bought and I haven't been disappointed, in fact I'm elated, every time I listen to this amazing album I'm swept away into the presence of God and His Kingdom here on Earth, the sound is awsome and I find myself listening to it at every opportunity, it's the best Christian album I've ever heard

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern classic, 12 July 2014
Matt (UK, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zion (Audio CD)
Great album. And so many of my friends agree.

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked a few songs on this album, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Zion (Audio CD)
there is one particular song on this album I like as I really chose to get this album. But I have only listened to it once since I received it on Saturday. Hillsong are an exactly worship team who knows how to lead people in to worship every song has a meaning to it. I love being led in to worship as it brings calmness and connection with God.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Zion (Audio CD)
This purchase met my expectation and its really good. I enjoyed every bit of the music. Thank you very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 21 May 2014
V. G. Savin (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zion (Audio CD)
This is a very good album, and definitely does reward repeated listens. If, like me, you are sceptical as to the quality of Christian music generally (with some notable exceptions such as Matt Macaulay) this is a refreshing change. Hillsong seem to embrace a variety of musical styles, and do this very well. There are for me 3 or 4 standout tracks on this collection, but that doesn't mean the others are not good; it is just that the best tracks are superb.

I also think that the vocalists, both male and female, really add to the quality of this worship album, which is so good it could be mistaken for more secular artists. Highly recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars Recording quality far from good, 19 May 2014
Barry Brown "Barry" (Espoo, Finland) - See all my reviews

Zion
Zion by Hillsong (Audio CD - 2013)