4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent album that just sags a bit towards the end
Published 13 months ago by FiftySomething

3.0 out of 5 stars Foxygen - The summer of love?
An album that can be located in sticky Marmite territory. As you know if your a fan of the sticky, dark brown paste you will love it alternatively the "I hate Marmite" facebook page has nearly a quarter of million members and is growing. In terms of music reviews it has torn the jury asunder. Pitchfork has given it 8.4 out of 10 while the Quietus has given it zero...
Published 18 months ago by Red on Black

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent album that just sags a bit towards the end, 14 Jun 2013
Foxygen are an interesting new band that can sound at times like a psychadelic era Rolling Stones, and at other times more like MGMT. If you like the former element then the first album has the edge. I would have given it an enthusiastic 5 stars but for the tendency for it to start to sag a bit towards the end. A word of warning to those who are obsessed with sound quality. It has an interesting but slightly murky production that enhances mobile listening, but gets a bit tedious for quality home listening where you start to want for a bit more openess in the sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocks, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors (Audio CD)
I love this record from start to end, every track inventive, fun, tuneful, dazed, 60s, funky, rocking and wonderful. Hugely influenced by VU, stones etc. but inventive in its own trip way. On blue mountain? indeed I do!

5.0 out of 5 stars top album, 6 Nov 2013
Mr. Peter M. Bond (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors (Audio CD)
I do not do reviews, this album is great because it doesn't stink of corporate identity, there is a variety of sounds, at times a bit Jim Morrison, at others a wee bit cabaret, it oozes charm and character. It stands out as a decent album that is fairly timeless. Good song writing skills at hand. I have not tired of it yet, despite many many plays

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW. a crossover from bob-bowie-lu reed, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors (Audio CD)
Just wanna listen again and again and etc.. and so it continues. Don't download, buy cd. you will be happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Love this album.....

4.0 out of 5 stars We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors, 4 Mar 2014
Great new vinyl studio album from Foxygen, reminiscent of The Velvet Underground in places and the Flaming Lips in others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Psychedelic pop brilliance, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors (Audio CD)
Seen reviews of this for months and kept meaning to listen. If you worship the Flaming Lips like I do you will adore this record.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 18 Jun 2013
Mellius "mellius" (Heemstede Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Probably the best album of 2013. But we this have some months to go.
If you like David Bowie, Portugal. The man, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and Lou Reed you will like this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Psychedelicious, 18 Mar 2013
This is such a great album, modern and retro at the same time- my favourite of the year so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of My Favourite Albums Of 2013 So Far!, 19 Feb 2013
Neil Tyrer (United Arab Emirates) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors (Audio CD)
This is what music's all about. We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors is a really enjoyable album for many reasons....it's creative, innovative and hugely enjoyable from start to finish. There are plenty of influences that you'll pick up on but the way that Foxygen do it avoids the plagiarism that unfortunately is so rife in so much music these days. "San Francisco" and "Shuggie" (which includes the brilliant lyrics "I met your daughter the other day, that was weird - She had rhinoceros-shaped earrings in her ears") are stand out tracks for me, but there's no filler anywhere on the album. If we get more great music like this in 2013, then it's going to be a good year, musically!

We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors
We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors by Foxygen (Audio CD - 2013)