5.0 out of 5 stars something different
I really enjoyed reading this series, truth be told i would not usually download books and read about Vampires and the like, the first few books were free and then i found the whole series in a bundle, great value for money and a great read...... if you fancy reading something different from your normal read, give it a go
Published 17 months ago by jo fardell

2.0 out of 5 stars Feel bad to say, but really disliked....
Published 16 months ago by Sheryl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Feel bad to say, but really disliked...., 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: H.T. Night's 8-Book Vampire Box Set (Kindle Edition)
I love reading - fantasy is my favourite genre and I'm not all that fussy - so you'd think I'd like this! I hate to pour scorn on someone's hard work (and I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of typing, except that Amazon sent a link asking for a review) but honestly, I can't remember last reading anything so frustrating. The author writes in extraordinarily short sentences which I found stilted, irritating and frankly...strange.

It actually started out ok - the main character seemed different and vaguely interesting. It pretty much descended from there. It was almost like watching the writer lose interest in his own story with repetitious dialogue and excruciatingly juvenile inner monologue.

Don't get me wrong - I'm clearly not the intended audience, but I can usually enjoy most stories and read a lot of YA novels with my teenager! I hate leaving books unread, but I have slogged through to book number 4 - I give up!

5.0 out of 5 stars something different, 28 Jan 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars meh, just not for me., 15 April 2013
This review is from: H.T. Night's 8-Book Vampire Box Set (Kindle Edition)
This author came highly recommended so I jumped right in and bought this box set.
I really enjoyed the first book, brilliant new twist on the vamp, human and werewolf triangle, bit of gore, bit of fight, bite and sex!
The main characters are all as you expect them to be... gorgeous, suspicious, broody and with perfect lives and a huge amount of money!
2nd book gets repetitive, now I know I just read no.1 and usually you wait for no.2 but the author spends along time repeating himself and ramming home the obvious. Most ppl dont read no.2 without no.1 and if they do... well, I will keep my mouth shut on that one.
After more of the same gore, fight and lack of sex I was begging for the story to start moving, it doesnt. I continued hoping that book no.3 would finally shed some more story.... nope... then I gave up.
So, although my review is not for the whole 8 books... thats because I was bored after 3. :(
Such slow and unsophisticated writing is a shame as the premise was very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 12 April 2013
This review is from: H.T. Night's 8-Book Vampire Box Set (Kindle Edition)
2 different series - 1st 4 books are for one series next 3 books (still connected) more indepth story about one of the character from teh first 4 books. Very good - made me want to continue reading the rest of the stories. Be aware there are A LOT more books to these series.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much Angst, not enough Action., 1 April 2013
This review is from: H.T. Night's 8-Book Vampire Box Set (Kindle Edition)
The first book in the series, Vampire Love Story was interesting - a new slant on the origins of Vampires and Werewolves.
I enjoyed the plot of the second book, the Werewolf Whisperer with the iterraction between the Mani and Carni and the events leading up to Josiah becoming the Chosen One.
However, I started losing interest in the series after this. The plot seemed to meander - the characters going first in one direction, then doubling back on themselves. I found the names 'Mani' and 'Carni' started to grate on my nerves and the endless internal emotional processes became awkward and stilted - and boring. I just wanted something to HAPPEN!
I gave up half way through the fourth book, Vampires V. Werewolves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Box set, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: H.T. Night's 8-Book Vampire Box Set (Kindle Edition)
These are a really good read, interesting story line. I like the way that it is from the male point of view for a change. Also that the author has managed to come up with different ideas of what "vampires" (I use the term loosely as they are called Mani's in this book) can and can't do. For instance the transform into birds when not in human form which is a new concept. I won't hive too much of the story line away, but I find it good at the moment I am on to the second book.
77p for 8 books is outstanding and have recommending these books to my finds not only because I like them it also because you can't disagree about the price for what you are getting.
Just one thing wrong with these books is the mistakes in the writing, I can understand it and am able to read over these parts but its just something I've notice. But saying that for the price I paid its not a big deal. So far thoroughly enjoying them. Happy customer :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad ~ at a stretch, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: H.T. Night's 8-Book Vampire Box Set (Kindle Edition)
This is less like a vampire story and more like a "look at me I'm great" thing. Josiah is obvously trying to assist but I feel he's too much up himself for me to enjoy this overmuch. Sorry.

2.0 out of 5 stars BOOK, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: H.T. Night's 8-Book Vampire Box Set (Kindle Edition)
I LOOKED FORWARD TO THIS SERIES TO READ AND IT LET ME DOWN .
I FOUND IT BORING AND THE STORY PRDICABLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: H.T. Night's 8-Book Vampire Box Set (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed these books. Really fantastic and enthralling couldnt wait to hear what was going to happen next. The writers imagination is brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars vampires, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: H.T. Night's 8-Book Vampire Box Set (Kindle Edition)
The storyline is unusual and is definitely different. My only complaint is the use of the f word all the time, not necessary in my opinion at all and for me this spoils the set of books - a shame to ruin a decent and different take on vampires etc.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›