on 15 November 2012
I really enjoyed reading this collection as it gives an historical perspective to the many stories that are told about angelic encounters. The stories are well written and by referencing newspaper articles and reports that were often contemporaneous to the actual experience with the angel, it shows how angels have always been important to us and how frequently they have managed to make the news. Even allowing for motives of propaganda which are identified where relevant within the collection, there are some truly startling accounts. I was particularly enthralled by the tale of the Russian cosmonauts who, whilst in space, reported seeing seven angelic beings, each the size of an airplane. Given the communist/atheist background of the cosmonauts, this was an amazing incident. However much we deny them, it seems that angels are embedded in our consciousness and the story about Jung and his angel shows that the angels might need us as much as we need them as Jung's angel appeared to be nurtured by his imagination. A really first-class read!
on 13 January 2013
I originally bought this book because I have an interest in the so-called 'Angel of Mons'. After I had read that account I naturally graduated to the other stories in the book which I also found fascinating. The author's approach is both informed and open minded, presenting the facts as they have been reported over the years and giving the reader the opportunity to make up his or her own mind about the subject. There is also a very interesting link to some ancient cave art in Utah showing human figures apparently with wings who appear very similar to the depictions of angels that we are familiar with today. Overall an interesting read.
on 17 November 2012
This was an interesting book, with the stories coming from verified sources, rather than the personal accounts of those who are spiritually inclined.

The author has researched these sightings of angels very well, and they come from press reports, which give them authority. I also enjoyed the stories from the cosmonauts, and the marines.
on 26 December 2013
Short stories that were not so interesting. They were not long enough to get me into the situation. I suppose it's an easy way of getting a book published.
on 4 August 2013
This is a very interesting and encouraging book. It really proves how wonderful it is to have our guardian angels looking after us
on 19 January 2014
Not bad read, some nice moments being spoken about. Would have liked a little more stories in the paragraphs, overall not bad
on 4 January 2014
Not read all the stories but it was not what I was looking for I an sure it is great but just not what I wanted.
on 4 November 2013
I got this book and read it some lovely stories but i thought it would be more up to date
on 13 February 2013
If u believe they will appear. This was proved by the marines, really a good read even if u don't believe. Reassuring!!!
on 28 July 2014
Very interesting read, just makes you think what else is out there