on 22 November 2012
More of an essay than a full blown book, but clear and direct writing style. All of the ideas seem workable. as a martial artist it made me think and pick up a few ideas. A great start but feels like there is scope for expanding it. Took about half an hour to read. I recommend it strongly, and liked it a lot.
on 8 April 2014
I bought this well-priced little tome as research for my own fiction (<a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Worked-Gabe-Rayner-Mark-Charteris-ebook/dp/B00JIVA44E">as Mark Charteris</a>) and ended up reading it cover to cover.

Pluses: it's well structured, first defining the classes of hand-to-hand weaponry and the basic grips and attacks, then going into detail about what objects can double as weapons, mostly bludgeon-type blunt instruments. There are numerous legal warnings about how the book is for information only, but no sensible reader will ever use these techniques for anything other than desperate situations where they're under attack; it's just useful to know what may be used against you. (The author seems to have experience on both sides of the Atlantic, mentioned the "Millwall Brick" popular in the 80s.)

Overall, an entertaining read at a fine price.
on 2 January 2014
We do live in violent times and there are people out there who will do us harm! The author recommends we arm ourselves with everyday objects that can be used as a weapon rather than an actual weapon, and I can see the wisdom in this. As I braved the mean streets of my local town on new years eve, I was about to discard my cigar tin, but after slamming the edge into my palm a couple of times I decided to keep hold of it and did feel more safe on the street at 2 am! Thanks Johnny!
on 2 February 2014
I was looking for information on self defense in a wtshtf scenario, this really fits the bill. If you are in any situation and need to defend yourself and your family but don't or can't (for legal reasons or choice) carry a weapon, this book gives a great insight into what everyday objects can be used effectively.
on 1 March 2014
Quite an interesting book (obviously made for the US).
Being from the UK, it is still an interesting read.
Well worth the cost.
Quite a list of 'everyday' items to use for defence.
on 11 March 2014
I found this to be an interesting starting point for further research and considerations of the topic, albeit a little light and more like a long essay than a 'book'
Mr Mayhem makes a number of very valid points regarding what most folks are likely to be willing to do, and also bashes home the message about carrying weaponry in the highly-policed Western world.
Overall, a god start - recommended for anyone without any experience or training in this field, and as a reminder and thought-provoker for others.
on 4 October 2013
Actually quite informative i was expecting a boring old type of picture diagra, But thera is a lot of useful information in here!!!
on 30 January 2015
Waste of money even though it was cheap. I was expecting it to be tongue in cheek from the cover but it was not.
on 7 December 2014
I regret buying this stupid book, most of it, if not all of it, is common sense.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 July 2013
This is not an expensive book and more of a novelty read for me, however it is informative as well as being entertaining and if you have the slightest interest in this topic I think it is worth a look.