4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Romance
Abbi has the uncanny ability of being able to portray extremes in society, from trailer trash to rich rock star. Her characterizations and vivid descriptive writing are what brings the story to life.

Breathe is a sweet romance with captivating characters. I have to say I would love to see Abbi re-write this one in the same way she added to The Vincent...
Published on 15 April 2013 by Emma @ Book Angel Booktopia

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but a bit too melodramtic.
In a nutshell, Sadie White is a teenager struggling to deal with a childish, heavily pregnant mother. She ends up having to go to her mother's work place to take over her job, as her irresponsible mother can't be bothered to do it herself. The home she goes to just happens to be the summer abode of the "hottest, most famous teen idol in the world'. They meet, and it's...
Published on 21 April 2012 by Midori

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the expectations set by the sweet original, 31 July 2013
Caroline for [...]
Read as part of 2013 New Adult read-a-thon.
Read full post here: [...]

I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive that this new "sexed up" version wouldn't live up to my memories of the original. The first time I read Breathe( incidentally my first ever Abbi Glines novel) I was struck by its sweetness and I just wanted to pull the protagonists in to a big group hug and protect them from the big bad world. I think that my (re)reading this in a single sitting is testament to the fact that Breathe has lost nothing following its new adult makeover.

Jax's point of view was a wonderful addition to the story. I loved the small insights in to his thoughts and feelings as he fell for Sadie and fought the obstacles to their relationship.

Abbi's trademark, hot flush inducing, steaminess was a tantalising treat. The additional adult content merged seamlessly with the original story. I never felt like the scenes were forced or added for impact alone. Despite the adult content, Glines managed to maintain Sadie's sweetness and innocence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Young love. A great read., 14 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Breathe (Kindle Edition)
I have read some other later abbi glines titles and lived them, . But was a little unsure before I started reading this one. I thought it might be a bit too "teenage" for me. However, I really enjoyed it. I do love a good romance and this is exactly what this is. It's a typical story of trials and tribulations in a relationship. The main characters are very young so there are no steamy sex scenes like in fifty shades and other similar novels but this book is obviously aimed at a younger market. I really liked Sadie and Jax and much was made about Sadie seeming older than seventeen years old. I also felt that Jax seemed older than his nineteen years. He seemed really mature in his attitude. The characters were well written and I really cared about what happened to them. When Jax walked away from Sadie and she fell apart I had tears in my eyes.

A book suitable for teenagers and older.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every girls dream ! ..., 1 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Breathe (Kindle Edition)
Sadie White's mother is pregnant and Sadie has to go to work at her mother's job. She works as a maid in the summer house of no other than Jax Stone - teenage rockstar who is on every girl's bedroom wall.
Sadie is different from almost every other female on the planet. She's not the kind of girl to obsess over a guy just because he's a celebrity and refuses to be smitten by his amazing looks.
Besides, a maid should not have any sort of relationship with him which is made clear to her from the first day.
This is why she must ignore the glances he is sending her, however it eventually becomes near impossible. When he insists to take her home, she can hardly refuse. As she gets to know the guy away from the camaras, she finds herself falling for him against her will.

I loved this book, how can you resist an adorable love story between a rockstar and his maid. Every girl's dream !

5.0 out of 5 stars Leave me breathless..., 17 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Breathe (Kindle Edition)
This is CLASSIC YA at it's best.

The characters are real, and you feel immersed into the story. It's tragic how the child and parent's roles are reversed, but it only serves to make Breathe feel even more gritty and real. It is at times annoying, and you almost want to scream with frusteration, but it's overarching theme of responsibility is one that hits home with anyone at any age.

Abbi Glines masterfully manages to create tension, longing, and angst that feels real, flows naturally, and has you turning page after page just to see what will happen next.

This is a book that I have added under my 'fav' kindle folder - one that I will read again, and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really easy enjoyable read!, 6 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Breathe (Sea Breeze Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book - it has a very different story line to what I am used to and it proved to be an easy compelling read!

Sadie is a girl who has had to grow up fast! Her mother is totally irresponsible and heavily pregnant so cannot work cleaning for a big house anymore. Sadie takes over the responsibility and you read about how she struggles to take on more and more.

The house Sadie works in belongs to a young rock star Jax Stone and he is captivated by her, however Sadie will not fall for being the latest plaything and Jax has to work to gain her trust.

I enjoyed the innocence of this story and highly recommend it - a very easy read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly Writen, 29 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Breathe (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book after reading several other Abi Glines books (Because of Low, Vincent Boys, Vincent Brothers) and thoroughly enjoying them. However this book was very disappointing and I was unable to finish it.

The writing was childlike and immature and the storyline jumped from point to point with no logical progression. There were many points to this story that were hard to believe. Mainly that a 17 yr old can just walk into a job working for a multimillion pound star without having any checks done.

All in all very disappointing I suggest skipping straight to Because of Low and avoid Breath altogether.

3.0 out of 5 stars TEENAGE ROMANCE, 18 Sept. 2012
Reader (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Breathe (Paperback)
Sadie white's life isn't like other girls her age. Sadie's mother Jessica is the child in their relationship, she is irresponsible with men and their finances. Putting the running of the home squarely on Sadie's shoulders. Jessica is pregnant via her latest loser boyfriend. He isn't going to be around to help in any way with the new baby. As school had now finished for the summer, true to form Jessica who had a position as a domestic, for a rich family on the island. Expected Sadie to take over her job.

Sadie's arrival at her Mother's job is not taken well, she is given a days trial to see how she performs, or she's out. What these people do not realise is that Sadie is used to cleaning and cooking, as her mother leaves all that to her. When the family arrive Sadie is astonished to discover that the owner of the house is Jax Stone worldwide teen heartthrob. When they come face to face Jax is taken aback by Sadie's beauty. While Sadie realises that Jax is not the spoilt star, she was expecting. It does initially make her uneasy, when he shows his preference for her company.

While I did enjoy this, I was not totally convinced by the relationship between Jax and Sadie. They seemed to be in love too quickly. I also thought that their conversations did not seem to be the way that teenagers would speak to one another. I realise that the author had taken great pains to explain that neither one of them had a typical upbringing. But that didn't seem to cover their quite unrealistic interactions. I really liked Sadie's character she was stoic and loyal. I did have reservations about Jax, he claimed to love Sadie but right at the start he told her it was only going to be a summer fling between them. Especially as he was aware that Sadie had not lived a normal life of a carefree teenager, he must have known that he would hurt her deeply. So no I was not too happy with him. If he knew that Sadie could mean nothing to him when he summer vacation was over he should have left her alone. Still as it turned out he hurt himself just as much as he hurt Sadie.

This is one of Abbi Gline's earlier works maybe her debut, so the writing isn't as flowing and polished as her later stories. The plot is very predictable. But I did quite enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Abbi Glines is my new favourite author, 26 April 2012
This review is from: Breathe (Kindle Edition)
This is such a good book, it should definately be read! While the plot might not be completely unique, it was written so well. It was entertaining, addicting and still managed to have a few twists and surprises in it. Abbi Glines made the story unique and brilliant and it didn't seem like anything I've read before. I read this in one go, I literally couldn't put it down and after I finished I bought another of her books. This book didn't disappoint and I'll be reading all of her books as soon as I can and I would recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible., 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Breathe (Kindle Edition)
After reading the reviews for this book and trying the sample, I was unsure of whether I should take the plunge and buy it. I'm beyond glad that I did. What a book. It was sweet, romantic, fluffy and relatable. The only change I would make would be the the period of time in which we could have explored the main characters relationship when they had actually gotten together. I found I could invest heavily in these characters and couldn't put the book down once I had started. "Breathe" welcome to your new home on my kindle shelf.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet easy read romance, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Breathe (Sea Breeze Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I quite enjoyed this sweet romance. The story was good and I loved the characters that made the plot come to life especially Jax, Marcus and Ms Mary.

Sadie takes the place of her heavily pregnant single mother cleaning house for the Stone family. Jax escapes his rock star life and spends the summer at the house in Sea Breeze where he meets Sadie, a girl who isn't a fan and doesn't seem interested. Will he be able to change her mind.

I can't wait to read more of the series to see what happens next.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

Breathe (Sea Breeze Book 1)